Water Cooled HAF X Build

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by -cK-, Apr 2, 2012.

1. -cK-

-cK- New Member

GPU:
    MSI ATi 5850 1GB
    So I've been visiting the site for hardware/driver info for ages now, so I thought I might as well introduce myself with my latest project/build as the title says:

First up the old components I replaced:

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 II
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520

New Components:

Case: Coolermaster HAF X
    Rad: XSPC RS360 Triple Fan Radiator
    Res/Pump: X2O 750 Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir Pump
    CPU Block: RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel)
    Fittings: G1/4″ to 1/2″ ID, 3/4″ OD Compression Fitting
    GPU block: Rasa GPU
    Fans: Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 2000 RPM Blue LED
    Flexible Tubing (1/2"ID, 3/4"OD) Clear (3.0m)
    Coolant: Zalman G200 Coolant

This was my very first Water cooling system I build and enjoyed every second of it even with the issues I ran into with fittings and tubing that didn't want to co-operate, especially the GPU block, had to DIY a solution to fit some heat-sinks on the memory of the GPU as the tubing and compression fittings was way to big to accommodate the heat-sinks.

Anyways here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are my OC'ing results so far: (PS I used this link as a guide for the CPU OC and my settings are more or less set like that for the i7 860)

CPU i7 860 Stock 2.8gHz OC’ed on Air 3.5gHz at 75 degrees on H2O 4gHz at 68 degrees
    GPU ATi 5850 Stock 725/1000/1.08v OC’ed on Air 775/1100/1.08v at 68 degrees on H2O 890/1150/1.2v at 42 degrees
    Those are the stable results so far a bit shy of my targets of 4.2gHz and 900/1200 but with some patience and more research I might get there. On this front any suggestions are welcome

I did tried 21x200 and the PC booted to Windows @ 4.2 with the rest of the settings as per the link i gave for the 4gHz. After a couple of stress/stability test the PC BSOD'ed on me and I backed down to 4gHz again. Anything I can tweak to get to 4.2 stable on the 860? With the multipliers at 21x200 the ram would also run at it's correct speed of 1600, that was kind of my goal but if it isn't do-able I'll settle for 4gHz as I don't want to fry the system just for 200mHz either.

Anyways I'm still working on the overall aesthetics with lighting as I should have gone with a 200mm Megaflow blue LED on the side as that would have given a better lighting in the bottom part of the case but at least the fan I did get can be fitted with LED's. I'm also considering swapping out the red LED's in the front mounted 230mm fan with blue ones as that is my overall theme and go from there if it is still missing something.

Thanks

2. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    Good job!