Watch_Dogs S12K to OCP-11

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ModAiC, Oct 30, 2014.

1. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Hey all, I saw that the S12K And the M468 looks pretty close to each other. So I thought, the OCP-11 almost has the same recoil as the M468. So I wonder if its possible to change the S12K into the OCP-11 :D ?

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    You mean swapping the textures of the two weapons?

3. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Yeah, like when I take out the OCP-11, I take out the S12K instead

4. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Anyone ?

5. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Member

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    There is a way to do exactly what you want, but the easy method will simply swap the entire gun for the other.. specs and all. I've been doing a bunch of weapons mods, but haven't tried swapping textures yet.

If you're familiar with how to unpack/repack the WD files, then you can pretty much do anything you want if you can find the right values to swap. I was able to turn the D50 into a ten-shot burst fire "Robocop" gun for ****s and grins, but I think my favorite was modifying the "JordiSniper" version of the SR25 to have the same punch as the M107 or Destroyer, but since Jordi's gun was silenced, I now have a silenced vehicle swatter.

Recently I made an automatic shotgun that sprays 75 pellets per shot and uses the projectile data from the grenade launcher ammo. Yeah, total OP and fun for just wiping out a whole street in 2-3 shots (cars, people, etc.), but that's my "get home from work" therapy... LOL

I am REALLY trying to ADD guns to the game and not just screw with the existing. I'd prefer to have more "real" weapons than goofy edits I've done.

6. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    can you please tell me how you were able to modify the weapons? I would love to acquire a silenced destroyer, that would be so awesome :banana:

7. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I think i found what you use to edit the weapons, weapons.lib, i would assume that you grabbed some of the bin hex from jordi sniper xml and placed it in the sniperrifle.m107.destroyer xml? If so what did you take from the code that way i can start editing the weapons in the game! :D

8. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Member

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Sorry for the delay... weapons.lib is definitely where you'd modify the actual abilities of the weapons themselves, but items.lib is where you'd swap the one bin/hex like the person who posted that in Marduk's merged mod post.

I first started by swapping the standard SR-25 with Jordi's sniper rifle like someone posted and then went nuts from there for single player.

I did find out something bad with that particular "Jordi" mod... Be sure to change the variable in the weapons.lib file that blocks impacts to other players. I left that as "True" and shot some SOB ten times thinking he was cheating and basically I was firing blanks. You can also modify the damage over distance, curves and other items, but I'm still working those out.

In the weapons.lib XML files, there are tons of variables in plain English that can be modified, but I am still trying to determine exactly what variables make one weapon "silenced" versus one that is not. I use Altova's "DiffDog" to compare weapons like the 1911 and the SpecOps 1911 and I might have it narrowed down, but when swapping out a few things, it caused the entire game to seize up.

I am looking to add entirely new weapons to the game and make them available at the gun store for single player.

I was trying to figure out how to position the "Spider Tank Gatling" in such a way that it replaces Aiden's arm, but I was able to swap it with the MP5 and tear through an entire battalion of cops and had one hell of a laugh.

I barely play online because most everyone is better than me anyway, but I was curious to know if someone invaded my game, would they "see" Jordi's gun or the standard? I bought a second copy of the PC version and set up another UPlay account and it reacted like I expected. The other player's local files take over and not only is it the standard "looking" weapon, but the silenced "sound" is replaced with the standard. However, the local civilian population did not react.

However, when creating the "Robocop" D50 that fires 10 round bursts with a 0.175 firing rate, that DOES translate into online play, so I took it a step further.

I created an automatic version of the M1014 shotgun, increased the fire rate to 0.5, increased the shotgun pellet count from 10 to 50 and slightly widened the spread. What I created was an automatic "street sweeper" in every sense of the term. Additionally, I modified the penetration values, range and accuracy to the point where it shreds through a car in one shot and mows down almost an entire block of people from across the street.

Now, these are all just "for ****s" mods that make me laugh, but I was also testing the various limitations to see if I could crash the game. What I found out was with the shotgun, the animation to the other players online does not follow the shots YOU make, but the bullets travel in the direction you were pointing at the time.

This means that if the animation of you firing the gun doesn't follow the firing rate, you will fire 10 shots in one direction and they'll all keep traveling that way even though online it looks like you're an idiot turning and running while firing in the air like it was Cinco de Mayo...

I also learned that there is a projectile max count which basically turns your ammo into blanks after reaching a certain limit. This means the pellet count needed to be lowered as well.

I was also able to take the "BulletItem" from the anti-tank weapon in SpiderTank and apply that as well which has an interesting effect of being rather silent when traveling.

What I've not been able to find or modify are the projectile values... In other words, if I wanted to turn an IED into a small, tactical nuke, I can't find the values to change the punch.

I've also not been able to re-skin a weapon to an existing skin from another.

9. Marduk

Marduk Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    dont know if it helps to find wich textures should be loaded of each weapon, but try to open a weapon. xml with notepad++, most of the long hash values could be translate from hash to assci....

So, may you can find out wich value is a texture value, test it with some xml s, but only very long hash s gives the assci translation

10. Marduk

Marduk Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    found this, maybe its that you looking for
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390238&page=9

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014