Watch_Dogs - New Official Patch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 30, 2014.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'm patchless(version 1.0) but with new whql drivers and i'm good to go too now. T-Bone is a great character. i'm back to where I was before i had to reinstall it, I had a save but I don't mind spending time with games I like.

2. mohsentux

mohsentux Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500 GT 1GB
    what is happening with these game designers and publishers. they're becoming like hollywood !! bad games good graphics.
    Are they trying to repeat history?:bang:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    This is happening for a while and it's sad.

4. mohsentux

mohsentux Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500 GT 1GB
    Don't talk about what you don't know about

Actually as ironic as it sounds a lot of countries HAVE to pirate. they don't really have a choice.
    for example if you live in a country that is heavily sanctioned by america (iran) you don't get to spend your money in dollars ( you can't have a master card for example) which means you can't buy products off of newegg or Steam. and even if you did they won't post it to you :bang:

currently we have more than 95% pirates in iran of the whole cyber population (and I'm not just talking about gamers). only some, buy games legally mostly just because they want to enjoy the game in multiplayer. these legal game keys are obtained through resellers from europe and mostly russia which by the way costs the end user more than 3.5 times the actuall amount.

if you live in iran then almost all of your programs are either freeware or cracked. there's just no other way around. now if you want to buy every single program legally it means you need a master card and for that you need CERTAIN connections and even then you'll be paying more than 5 times it's actuall worth :bang:

but it just doesn't end there :3eyes:

let's say you did buy a game for MP and now you wanna play you get at least 250 ping trying to connect to a german server (because it's one of the very few countries that has direct internet to iran) half the times you get kicked out of the server because of your ping and other half you're up against 12 people with ping as low as 35. and with the astonishing high prices it's not like you can find native gamers or servers that have low ping now can you?

IT'S HELL OUT HERE

so yeah of course we'll pirate are we brain dead??
    :invasion::invasion::invasion:​

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've not had any luck with my 780Ti but I've not tried the latest patch yet. I think that I also install mobodrivers and LAN drivers first and then update windows. In the end I install drivers for graphics, sound and peripherals (if needed).

Hehe, interesting how people view "running quite well". I'm would never be happy with 40fps and really need 60fps or higher to have a smooth experience.

6. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I feel the same way about all games needing 60fps but Watch Dogs is different. It must be the engine but its crazy how running at 45 is just as good as 60. When a game first comes out, I use a fps counter to let me know if I am running at 60, if not I make my tweaks. . Once I get my fps at 60 I turn off the fps counter, if its smooth, its smooth. No need to get hung up on numbers if the game runs flawless. So with Watch Dogs I go by the experience not the number. Watch Dogs is the only game I have ever played that runs good at 45 fps and that to me is pretty amazing. Heck even when I tried it at 30 fps v-synced I couldn't tell a difference. I am always recording and when I play back a video its it smooth as silk. There is literally no difference in how smooth the game play is. No other game runs this smooth under 60fps.

7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    This game is being put in the bin.

Such a waste of fkin money.

I've done everything possible to try get this game to play nice and it won't.

Full OS reformat, all new drivers, totally clean install with only this game installed and it still freezes constantly.

Was playing it today @1280 x 1024 60hz with all the settings off or at their lowest possible. Only fraps running along side the game.

Game didn't exceed VRam or my system ram. Tried with overclocks on and off.

Tried with Vsync enabled and can easy hit 60fps with low resolution and minimal settings but the game just keeps freezing and the Fraps/fps counter goes to ZERO. Then back to 60. Every time it freezes it shows 0fps.

If i stand still i get 60 fps no problem. If i spin the char around fast with the mouse it drops to 40ish fps before regaining sync, which is normal of course.

Soon as i start to run about or drive a motor then the game just keeps dropping to 0fps and the game freezes for a sec then works again for a while.

It's unplayable for me with these system specs. I understand that some people have it working perfectly but trust me i can't get it to run at all smoothly.

Can play all other games fine. Maybe not maxed out but 60fps and smooth. BF4 and other AAA titles no problem, this PoS is totally broken for me.

Thanks for the new patch Ubi it was totally useless for me and my system.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Then I still have a problem. I installed it yesterday and used it with my new PH278Q monitor but the stuttering is still there. Though I must say that there is a bit less than normal. I'll have to try High textures instead of Ultra and maybe decrease AO. If I play a game that is below 60fps I always notice it and have to swich on an FPS counter to see how little FPS I got. In the case of WD its really noticeable that the game runs in less than 60fps although Gsync was supposed to do some magic. I personally think that the difference between 30 and 60fps is bigger than 60 and 120fps.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    This game was just meant for consoles...period. Bad port is bad.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    High textures instead of Ultra reduced the stuttering quite a bit probably due to VRAM limitations at 1440p.