Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Okay, sure. I'll come back with a link to it in a few (unless someone can show me how to make images show up here well.

2. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Instead, I opted to upload a YouTube video(mainly because images won't display here when I post them). Also, I feel it's also good to see a video demonstration instead, as some parts of the game are prettier than others so it's good to see it in motion.

I don't have any comparison to the actual E3, so you'll have to bring up a video and run the comparison yourself for now (No good video editing software and I didn't want to download the original demo video from YouTube or elsewhere).

The video can be found here.

3. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    For a past few weeks i was working on edited Natural And realistic Mod by Danvsw + i was merging it with other mods and making my own stuff , so i decided to share it here
    http :// imgur . com /a/1Qf2B (Im posting a link because i need to have 5 posts to post images...)
    Whole Progress:
    *The Worse's Bloom
    *Sprint Animation from PS4 Demo and Sprint Start from Definitive Mod
    *E3 Walking Animation
    *My Coat/Wind Physics
    *Many Textures from Different mods including PS4 Demo Trains , Higher quality textures , E3 stuff like Dot Connection Lights from Definitive Mod
    *Blackout from Definitive Mod
    *And Many more stuff that i don't remember
    Lets say im trying to make the game Look realistic and Like E3 in the same time
    I also got some issue with car lights that i will post soon.... (You can notice it in Some screenshots , the flares are misplaced and idk how to fix it)

4. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    oh nice. you are actually getting close.

5. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Not bad, I like the whole realistic approach, I've actually considered working on one like that after I've finished my current one. (As good as E3 looks, It's not very realistic to say the least.) To be fair, at night vanilla is actually factually more realistic than E3 was. Blue police lights, brighter, yellower street lights and a purely dark blue night sky.

As for your headlights problem, it may stem from having different lighteffectprefab.lib. The lens flares I'm using were taken from Definitive Mod's files, and originally I was having a problem too until I realized I had to copy lighteffectprefab.lib AND the textures for the lens flares to work. I'd try making sure those are matched up and see what that does for you.

Also, could you maybe show a video of some sort? I'm interested to see what your coat physics look like.

Finally, what is the Sprint Start from the Definitive mod?

6. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    No E3 2012 camera mod?
    Also I noticed you don't have Mashup mods textures

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  7. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Thanks , ill try to fix these Headlights
    About the coat physics , i will do a video soon but don't expect it to be Just like E3 , all i did was Making the Coat physics wave and move more and the sprint start is a new faster animation , i don't remember which file it is exactly

8. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Hey aren't you the dude from the GTA Modding community? Nice to see new people here :)

9. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Yes i am :p

10. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    i am from there too i like gta :) but this is not the place for it.

11. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Does anybody have "TEST FILES" from Definitive Mod?

12. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    And got a question , how can i repack .lib file? (Sorry for double post but now i i should post pictures :p)

13. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    You take the converted xml of the thing you edited and put it back into the convertBinaryObject. If the process goes through correctly (which it usually will unless you incorrectly modified a file), it will return a .fcb file. Don't worry, this is supposed to happen. Simply rename it as it's original .lib file (make sure the original is deleted) and it will work.

As for the Definitive Test files, I don't know where you could find them. I looked up the link on his release page but the link doesn't work anymore apparently, and I dunno if ThatGuy would be around to provide a new link any time soon.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  14. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Also an update on my mod;

I'm currently taking a small break from it right now. I normally would be doing work on it throughout the week, but unfortunately for progress' sake I sold my GTX 960 on eBay.

I'm planning on using the money from it and from tax returns from my old part time job to get a GTX 1060, and it should be arriving by Friday. Until then, I'm stopping progress on the mod. This shouldn't slow it down too much however, as the only things left to do are fix daytime stormy lighting and change exposure for interiors so you can see inside buildings.

A few questions, should anybody be around to answer them;
    What values do you edit inside Windy_City.game to increase rain intensity? I'd like to make it rain more to help illuminate the stormy scenes better (also if you could tell me values that make rain interact with light more, that'd be good too).

What's a good balance of sunbounce, skybounce and sunlight intensity during the day to make rainy scenes easy navigate, but not look like vanilla at the same time? I'm currently kind of stuck on this ones, so if anyone has quick suggestions that will help me get quick results it'd be much appreciated.

Lastly, do people want a SweetFX preset to go with it? I've gotten a request from someone to make a SweetFX preset, but I dunno if people want it publicly released or not. I personally don't use one, but I know some of you do. I'll consider any suggestions you guys throw at me.

Thanks for staying patient with me on this one. This is one of the first experiences I've had with programming outside of my introductory programming course at school, so I've been spending a lot of time on my mod learning how things work.

(P.S., When I do recieve the 1060, expect some 60 FPS preview videos of the mod in action).

15. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    There's a lot of settings for this to mess with. I'll save you some time:
    Put my latest settings in your windycity:
    Code:
          <gradColor>
            <Knots>
              <Knot Position="0" Color="4282400832" />
              <Knot Position="0.222099" Color="4282400832" />
              <Knot Position="0.242099" Color="4282532418" />
              <Knot Position="0.322003" Color="4288256409" />
              <Knot Position="0.502466" Color="4288256409" />
              <Knot Position="0.682352" Color="4288256409" />
              <Knot Position="0.762392" Color="4282532418" />
              <Knot Position="0.782392" Color="4282400832" />
              <Knot Position="1" Color="4282400832" />
            </Knots>
          </gradColor>
          <Rain fRainScrollingSpeed="1" fRainSkewFactor="0.01" fRainColorIntensity="0.55" fRainLightIntensity="0.3" fRainLightsMinIntensity="0.3" fRainSpecularPower="16" fRainSpecularLevel="40" fRainFadeOutDistance="50" fRainStreakColorLevel="0.3" fRainTimeScalePower="-0.2" />
          <RainCascades fNearCascadeRange="6" fMidCascadeRange="12" fFarCascadeRange="24" fNearCascadeDensity="0.3" fMidCascadeDensity="1" fFarCascadeDensity="1" />
          <SheetsOfRain fRange="40" fSize="20" fSpeed="5" fFluidInfluence="300" />
    Then in <EnvironmentSettings> change fRain to 1 in these containers:
    "Clear_Rain0.01_Cloud0.9"
    "Clear_Rain0.5_Cloud1"
    This way you'll avoid the "always light rain" bug.
    If you don't have them I sugges you to copy them from vanilla windycity and change fRain.

Then find "<WeatherPreset>" and copy the whole thing to the end of file from vanilla into your windycity.

16. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Thanks for the help :)

17. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Thanks TXGT, I'll try that out when I get the GPU (which is arriving Friday).

Also no problem Slick.

18. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Ill try to Mess with Aiden's coat model in zmodeler

so it seems that there are ONLY 2 Bones for the coat or something , thats why it moves different
    in E3 there were like 127 of them (or more/less)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    guys does anyone know what files did the worse use in his mod. i mean the files he found.

20. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Who are you talking about here, exactly?