Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Convert "environmentlighting.lib" from "patch\generated\databases\generic" folder then go into "converted" folder. Find "E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.xml" and edit it.

Where is the actual values (example)
    The values I marked Red are the ones you should tweak, both values should be identical in this example.
    Blue values is the day cycle from 0 to 1 (which means from 12 AM to 11:59 PM).
    In this example the value you set will be active during full day cycle.

Code:
    <object name="curveProbeLocalLightsMultiplier">
        <field name="hidNumKnots" type="UInt32">2</field>
        <object name="Knots">
          <object name="Knot">
            <field name="Value" type="Vector4">[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]0[/COLOR],[COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR],0.5,0</field>
            <field name="Info" type="Vector4">6.2832,1,0,0</field>
            <field name="Type" type="Enum">0</field>
          </object>
          <object name="Knot">
            <field name="Value" type="Vector4">[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]1[/COLOR],[COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR],-0.5,0</field>
            <field name="Info" type="Vector4">6.2832,1,0,0</field>
            <field name="Type" type="Enum">0</field>
          </object>

Here's the simple ones:
    "curveProbeSunBounceMultiplier" - lower values makes shadows darker, but decreases the sunlight bouncing effect.
    "curveProbeSkySaturation" - increasing the values will make the shadows (along with lit areas) more blueish (if the current sky is blue)
    "curveProbeScale" - increasing that value is like increasing gamma, bigger values makes the game brighter.

Complex ones:
    "curveSunLightIntensity" - the stronger the sunlight the darker the shadows.
    "curveProbeSkyBounceMultiplier" and "curveProbeSkyDirectMultiplier" - bigger values make all the textures in the game brighter which makes them look paler.

Exposure - better don't touch these:
    "curveExposureValue"
    "AutoExposure"
    "curveTargetLuminance"
    "curveSpeed"
    "curveSpeedMultipler"
    "curveMinimumExposureValue"
    "curveMaximumExposureValue"

because it will blow your brain!!! :D

Now seriously - it's the topic for another day.

2. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Thank you very much for in depth info txgt, I'll be sure to mess around with it and come back with what I've gotten!

3. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Another question (as I've never really edited individual files myself), how do you convert the converted folders back to .lib files? I keep editing sky saturation simple to test it out and I haven't been noticing any changes, even though I cranked it up to 20 just to see what crazy result I'd get.

4. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Sometimes crazy values doesn't do anything because the game can't recognize it and uses "0" value. Try to set "curveProbeScale" to "1".

Also you may have typed/deleted space or "," in wrong places or saved the file with "Word Wrap" enabled or wrong coding. What do you use to edit the xmls?

Just in case how to convert back:
    Drag and drop "env***_converted.xml" to "Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe" then rename appeared file to "environmentlighting.lib" put it back to "patch_unpack\generated\databases\generic" overwriting the file.

5. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Ahhh, I see now. Thanks! I thought you had to use a different program. I didn't know binary object worked backwards if you changed the name.

I'll try the thing you said tonight after I finish some school work. I was editing on Notepad btw. I downloaded part of Visual Studio 15 before but I stopped the download when I realized I could just do it in Notepad. I'll probably end up finishing the install soon since I'm gonna try to learn some C#.

Cheers TXGT, you've been really helpful lately.

6. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    use Notepad++ ;)

7. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    One last question for now. May I ask where I can find the code to turn the street lights on during the day?

8. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    curveGlobalLightsIntensity0 or 1. Forgot which one it is since it kinda gets old :)

However, there is a problem. They are just on/off switches for lights, even if you put greater values to them, values you put have no effect on lights except that you turn them on. The visibility of lights should take multiple factors into account, for example, sky lighting intensity in sky.lib, sun light intensity, sun bounce multiplier, exposure values... The darker the game is, the brighter they are. All the factors above will contribute to the final render result of the lighting.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  9. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    curveGlobalLightsIntensity0 - lamps around buildings
    curveGlobalLightsIntensity1 - light poles
    curveGlobalLightsIntensity2 - car lights
    curveGlobalLightsIntensity3 - light in the windows

10. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Okay thanks for that info guys. I've started out by messing with the cameravehiclepreset to see if using some of the police car camera positions on other cars would work, so I took the first Police car camera file, made copies and renamed them to match the old muscle car files to test it out.

Unfortunately, I can't test it out because when I take the converted xml into Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.exe, the thing gives me an error that says "warning, could not find binary object file definition "cameravehiclepreset"' and then outputs an .fcb file rather than a .lib. Should I just rename that anyways or is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

11. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Nevermind, it just changed the file type as soon as I renamed it.

12. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    So it didn't work. I packed the patch and now Watch_Dogs won't start. :/

Still though, once I get these issues ironed out I think the old camera should work. Not sure how to fix the issues though.

13. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Do not replace the first 6 lines of the xmls.

14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    You guys went to a whole another topic and left crasher's mod.

15. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Read the title, please.

EDIT: If you have any question, please go to Watch_Dogs MASHUP MOD.

16. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    actually i thought crasher's mod isnt going to be mashup anymore. it is relaunch so thats why i asked here. and by "left the topic" i meant crasher's mod topic not the whole modding page topic.

(i dont mean anything bad) and thx for your help BTW

17. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey guys, back with another round of questions. So I looked at the globallighting section you guys referred me to, and I was unable to pinpoint which values to change to what to get the street lights to turn on during the day. I'll keep looking but if anyone doesn't mind referring me to the right lines of code, I'd be grateful.

Also, after having tried two camera presets from the police cars, I've been unable to reach results with the old driving camera. Does anyone know a method for identifying the different cars within the cameravehiclepreset library? It'd make it easier to identify the right police car and paste the lines of code for the camera in some of the other cars to test it out.

The police car with the old camera that I know of is one of the standard cruisers, the Cavale. I think that's all I have to ask about the mod right now. I apologize for all of the questions, I'm new to this and not too advanced with programming yet so some of it doesn't make sense to me yet.

Also the reason Crasher's mod hasn't been talked about a lot is because he's on a hiatus for a few weeks. He should be back sometime in the near future with some progress, or so I believe.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  18. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I have a question too: How can I make the Car On Demand app spawn the special silver Sonarus LX with the custom license plate N3X U5 owned by Aiden specifically, instead of a generic sonarus?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  19. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey, thanks to everyone who helped me figure out how to do mods. I'm currently working mostly on daytime stuff, and the street lights are starting to become kinda visible. My biggest problem right now is getting the shadows to be dark enough. I'm thinking about maybe editing that thing TXGT said made textures lighter and darker.

On that note, how does one make static reflections in windows darker/less reflective? I have the lights inside on but it's really hard to see them because the reflections on the windows are really intense. I already tried editing static reflection intensity during the day, and I got no results.

I also tried toggling with sunlight intensity and got no results that I could visibly see.

Here's how far I've gotten so far today: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851499700

20. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    For darker shadow, you can mess with curveProbeSkyDirectMultiplier and curveProbeSunBounceMultiplier.

For static reflection intensity, edit curveStaticReflectionIntensityDay.

The screenshot below uses 0.5 for skydirect and 1 for sunbounce.
    [​IMG]