Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    that is so quite actually :3eyes:

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Just because I haven't responded doesn't mean I'm not considering.

3. MOJ98

MOJ98 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 2Gb
    But it means that maybe you didn't see my post.

I just wanted to make sure!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    It's been pretty quiet around here lately, has anyone made any further progress on the mods? I'm looking forward to the Relaunch and potentially some of TXGT's stuff.

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I've been on a semi-hiatus.

I can't say much about everyone else though. WD modding has sorta died.

6. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    it is because you were on a break. you were kind of making it alive because of your mod.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  7. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I tested some stuff for couple of days then just dropped it without a success. It's too stressfull :D
    I think I will return to test other stuff in a month or two.

8. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Well, that's a shame to hear guys. Kaos has a point though, I've definitely been hyped for Crasher's relaunch mod. Hopefully when you get back to it it shouldn't be too much more trouble. I suppose I shouldn't complain though, some of the mods already out there are pretty good, even if they don't replicate the PS4 reveal's or get close to E3. Stuff from the Worse and other modders I've mashed together make this game look a ton better, if I do say so myself.

9. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    can u give a screen shot? i am actually interested in how your game looks like.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  10. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Sure, I'll have to reinstall it first. It doesn't exactly look like PS4 reveal or anything.

I mostly merged some mods together to try and get the most out of the visual enhancements and retain full playability(AKA no annoying bloom that glares through the whole screen).

Sometime I'd like to add some better police lens flares and Aiden's darker brown coat if I can find good downloads for them. Maybe a few other things too.

11. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    I'll try and download it quick tonight. Maybe I'll play some Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door while it downloads. I've been playing that on Dolphin emulator and it's amazing so far.

12. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Okay, I've uploaded some screenshots. You can find them on my Steam account. Here are just a few of them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still plan to make a few adjustments down the road should I figure out how to do so without putting in too much time, like maybe car reflections I saw someone else do, and also some different lights and lens flares.

I do, in fact, have headlight shadows off, primarily due to performance issues it brings up, as well as shadow flickering which I find generally unappealing. I can always add it back in when I get better hardware. (the GTX 960 is pretty much good for 1080p 30FPS on max settings, but not much more)

Anyways, I'm totally looking forward to relaunch to see what kind of improvements that will help me bring to mine, plus cause it'll be cool to see the actual PS4 Reveal settings

13. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
  14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    this actually looks so nice but i stopped playing watch dogs. i started playing watch dogs 2 but i actually like how your watch dogs look like.

15. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Thanks man, I'm rather happy with it as well. If I knew how to mess with lighting and shadows, I'd probably try to make shadows darker and make places effected by light brighter. I think that's really the only difference in lighting between my build and the PS4 reveal I can see. (I'd also enable street lights during the day). Only problem with that is I don't know much about where to go to do that at. (Or how to do it).

16. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    In case anybody wanted to know which mods I used to achieve the simple but kinda close to PS4 reveal, I'm including a list of mods below, as well as a link to the current build of my mod at the end;

Relief Mapping mod by The_Silver,

Worse Mod lighting and sky (can be found as separate files in Cmh_175's configurable Worse Mod),

SoloCreep lens flares with HALO, (Also in the same also in Cmh_175's pack I believe)

The normal camera with light DOF (also in Cmh_175's pack)

Old Road reflections by Essenthy (can be found in TXTG's variety pack)

Light bloom, low fog (can be found in TXTG's variety pack)

And I believe that's it. I don't have headlight shadows on in mine due to its performance impact, though that as well as train headlights by Yizan can be found in Cmh_175's mod pack.

The patch files for the mod can be found here.

Following that, I'd also like to ask if anyone knows about tweaking lighting, like the darkness of shadows and brightness of light impacted areas if they could show me how to tweak that.

I'd like to see if there's a way to simply make shadows a bit darker and the light impacted areas brighter, and see if then I can turn on street lights and get good results that way.

17. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    There are so many variables that shadows/lit areas brightness depend on. It's not going to be easy. You can tweak one setting and make shadows darker but for some alleyways and under the bridges it will be too dark.

18. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Whoops, meant to type TXGT in the spots where I put "TXTG".

19. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Well I have lots of time to mess around with it. Would you mind telling me where to go to toggle these settings?

20. KookMaster5000

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    And I'd probably rather go in and look at some other settings. While I want shadows darker, I'd also like to make light brighter to balance it out.