Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

YH ! :gape:

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    What does a "yh" mean?

Tested that E3 colourgrading thing (colorremap_camerrar_gama20.xbt), and as expected, it broke the bloom and auto exposure, besides those problems, it looks pretty much the same as my current progress without this:

With tweak:

[​IMG]

Without tweak:

[​IMG]

I think I now realize why the scrapped the relaunch build lighting, during noon, the game just looks too "exposed" like it was in a studio or something being lit from all angles, other than 10am-3:30pm, the lighting looks great.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

i dont know but i think that the first one is more close to the e3
    yh = yeah =yes

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  4. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    The first one is closer ...
    Try use Danvsw colourgrading it has less contrast...
    Nice work...

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    The first screenshot has many things broken though.
    It might look okay in that one screenshot, but everywhere else, it's broken, and terrible, the contrast is horrible.

And as I have said before, time and time again, I'm not going for an "E3" look, and I am sticking to the relaunch files, if you like Danvsw's shading, then either use MASHUP 1 or Danvsw's mod.

This mod is using the actual files that were used for that demo, so when people say that I should "tweak it" to be more like the demo, I get baffled, since it's using the exact same files, just on a slightly changed engine.

I think it's safe to say that this isn't a Mashup mod anymore, it's more of a relaunch mod. The only other mods incorporated in this is the cloud gate, and relief mapping by The Silver, and the DoT ConeXion sign by Puredorian. The rest are texture and model edits my me.

6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    That "just" could actually change everything though. ;)

7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    When I was testing E3 tonemap the Bloom was NOT broken. The excessive brightness can be fixed by reducing exposure values. But I understand it's too much work and you wanna keep "original" files untweaked.

8. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    @TheCrasher

Could you please update the original MASHUP mod, but with puredorian's mod and new Aiden's face (if properly working)? Also including any vital texture tweaks you may have done.

And so, keep it available? As a separate mod, so we have 2 packs from you: the new relaunch-focused mod but also the original updated MASHUP mod!

Thanks!

9. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I've been sort of burning myself out with modding this game non-stop, I think I'm going to take a break for a bit.

And changing everything is really a hassle, plus I'm trying to capture what my vision of the PS4 premiere demo, and I think with using the old files, I've more-or less achieved this goal, I might change the exposure while using gamma20, but that will be it for a while.

And I now know that the bloom is not broken, it just seemed to me that it was, sorry for the confusion. :)

10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Ya know what's funny - when you decided to take a break I'm getting back to WD modding :D

So a month ago I've tried to put big L-Train Headlights to Car headlights and the result was amazing (on the streets). The headlight reflections (speculars) is now visible from the sides and the shadows is way better quality with it. But as expected it kills the performance when used with upgraded graphics settings. But the main reason for this experiment was the hope getting rid of the shadows flickering. Sadly it's not only the flickering is still there but also now the light from the headlights is coming through the highway bridges. I don't know how to fix this.
    Anyways, when I finish my v2.3 I will release the experimental editions with this car lighting and also with the Proper Sunlight angle during morning/evening.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017

11. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Sounds cool! I'm looking forward to try it out! :)

One final sendoff before I go on Hiatus:

[​IMG]

12. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    One more:

[​IMG]

13. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

wow! looks stunning

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  14. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
  15. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I wish last screenshot from PS4 reveal location would have less of the fog, it looks not so good compared to original demo anyways, and a much stronger too.

But that's just my opinion :)

16. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    He just trying to mimic the morning mist.

17. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    The shadows were a lot more deeper in the PS4 premiere build, you can also see what I mean in the out of control trailer, which used the same version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xkRDW_lKsE

Is there any way to get fog to appear in a certain area, like below where the sun is? Because in the PS4 Premiere build, the fog only appears in the direction of the sun.

Also at 1:06 on that trailer they use the 2012 build, and it's during sunrise, it seems that the sun in the 2012 build rises in the east, and sets in the north.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I think we aren't talking about the same thing actually, deeper shadows is different from crushed blacks. I guess you are talking about shadows having all the shades of darkness up to the pitch black (which is fine), what I'm talking about is the whole area in the shadows becoming an unrecognizable pitch black blob (which is bad obviously, see my link). So in that trailer I don't see anything like the "crushed blacks" problem, while I see shadows having full depth up to reaching even the pitch black is their deeper shades without sacrificng any detail, opposite to the crushed blacks which kills the details in the dark areas just to fake deeper blacks.

19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I've tweaked it so there is still detail seen within dark areas, Pawnee is still a little dark at night though.

20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G