Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    ohh yeah yeah i got it thanks for the explanation( but this means that the e3 was just an animation with effects?)

2. Enviouskitten

Enviouskitten Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ignore this, I wrote in the wrong forum.

3. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    ignore what?

4. Enviouskitten

Enviouskitten Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That post where I said ignore. I don't know how to delete things. lol

5. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I don't think so, it's playable build(and everything is real time), and you can watch https://youtu.be/7JcujYbctPk?t=277 an same E3 demo, but a bit different than press material demo, it shows Morin playing it with gamepad.

Differences can be seen quite easily, compared to https://youtu.be/xU7WGAJPRRw this press material demo.

Also, just throwing some destruction demos that I was able to recover from ex-dev of UbiMontreal.

#MakeWDGreatAgain

https://vimeo.com/178352277
    https://vimeo.com/178348853

He also worked on 2012 gas station destruction and said "We scale it down because performance wise, it was to costy for our game ."

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  6. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    nice are we able to get one of his mods by contacting him or something?

7. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Mods?

he's a former ubisoft developer.

And no, we can't, it would be very illegal for him to give us any of the old code, unless we get ubisoft's permission.

8. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yep. However it should be legal for him to tell us if there are some working leftovers in the shipped game, or explaining us how to enable them, or such... For as long as he doesn't give us copyrighted material it should be fine. Mostly if it's already in the game files, like a lot of other leftovers that we can access simply by owning the vanilla game. ;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  9. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Ayeep, I asked about the whole ubisoft "situation" concerning modding, and he doesn't have any idea why it's so strict, as far as re-implementation goes, I doubt he'll say anything, as in their workflow they have all this toolkit, and hell, some developers doesn't even know how shipped game looks like, I remember watching Watch_Dogs 1 ubi official livestream, and Colin Graham was asking the ComDev guy, if a feature was still in the game, concerning easter egg, I believe, and he was very suprised, when being told it wasn't.

But I gonna keep digging further. :)

Trying to contact artist, who worked on original Aiden model
    I wonder where infinium now is, did Ubi took him over unto the bad side? /s

10. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    -removed-

11. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I've put together a very large amount of pics in primagames' e-guide.

From my point of view, most of them are captured back in 2013 when the game was supposed to launch.

However, some content are not, yet I include them as well.

You will see BS like these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Though these don't happen a lot.

Anyway, enjoy yourselves with these screenshots:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApdseLPKSlQXgvsfeypFNMsUJAv-nQ

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  12. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Game looks pretty much the same aside from cooler colourgrading, more intense ao, and the lack of fog.

By the way, Ubi had 3 versions of the game, one of the trailers uses the 2013 and final version. Back in 2013

Dunia by the way... "featuring an all new engine called disrupt"

13. MOJ98

MOJ98 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 2Gb
    @TheCrasher
    You can have a more intense AO than HBAO+ High.
    Just use HBAO+ Low. Since it provides lower resolution AO, its shadows look "bigger" -a bit like normal SSAO- and far more noticeable. Honestly, i totally think it looks better. Just because HBAO+ High is more realistic and accurate, featuring a higher resolution, it doesn't mean that it'll look better, for a not so realistic videogame.

And yes, it looks pretty much the same, but i think what really makes a difference overral is simply the colour vibrancy, and not just the grading. Probably we can achieve a closer look to these screenshots just by using SweetFX/Reshade.

Ah, and have you noticed that there is no POM on these screenshots? That's one point where the modded retail looks better haha :thumbup:

EDIT: Just read what you said about no fog. I would like to let you know that Danvsw's mod looks a lot closer to these screenshots than the MASHUP pack, because of the fog abstence!!!

14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    so any news?

15. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I was not going for a prerelease look, I simply combined all the strongpoints of most mods into one pack, just to get the best of all worlds.

I frankly don't care how close it looks to those screenshots, just as long as the my mod has quality over quantity.

In the end, and to be brutally honest, we will never even get close to e3 2012 graphics, it's just an impossible task; unless Rick finally gets some courage and finishes the filelist.

Also, I've noticed that you have been persistently trying to bash on my mod; claiming that other mods are better than mine. And don't get me wrong, I would be fine with that, but the way that you say it is so passive-aggressive.

No offence, but I would at least like at least one message addressing my mod that isn't saying stuff like: "____ mod is better because it has no fog!!!!" or: "Why is your mod so laggy, it must be because of the fog!!!"

Thank you for you're time.

16. MOJ98

MOJ98 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 2Gb
    LOL i swear i was afraid that you would understand it this way XD

I'm not trying to bash your mod, honestly, i just said the truth, about my personal preferences: realism (no fog, less bloom).

In my opinion Your mod is actually the closest we can get to the e3 2012 demo, which HAD strong fog and bloom, and i even posted once that i had changed my mind and started to prefer it your way (i can search for the post, just ask me!)

Right now i again prefer it on Danvsw's way, but i don't think your mod looks bad or worse, just different.

By the way i still have it here, i never deleted it even if i normally play the game with the edited pack i did.

And about your mod being laggy, what's wrong with saying that? It's just the truth; It has a strong fog, so its more demanding than the game without this same fog, logically. I have a huge performance difference, the game runs mostly like from 45 to 60fps without fog and with fog it runs like at 35fps on non-demanding areas.

And nothing stops you from making an alternative no-fog/bloom version (basically with Danvsw's visuals) of your mod, what's wrong with that? :D

No need to be upset, and i can guarantee you that i never wanted to criticize your mod. It is literally the best one i found, why do you think i chose it, to overlay with my additional preferences?

17. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I just found it quite offputting when you were making so many comparisons to the Natural and Realistic Lighting mod, I was at the point of believing that you were going out of you're way to over criticize it, rather than giving constructive criticism.

And about lag, it's expected, if you are running at max settings, then you should try turning down some graphics options, in the post below my main post I have instructions on what settings to change.

Keep in mind that the Mashup mod uses all gameplay, and visual strongpoints. And considering disrupts (downgraded dunias) level of optimization (or lack thereof) it's kind of hard to get maximum graphical fidelity while still keeping a steady framerate with a cheap (in price) gpu.

18. MOJ98

MOJ98 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 2Gb
    I am not running at max settings, of course.

I've already optimized the game, i searched about it and tested myself and i'm pretty sure everything is set the best graphics/fps way possible, for me.

But i wasn't complaining about performance (since it runs at over 35fps with fog), i just said that the fog itself eats a bunch of fps. Anyway it looks great at dawn/dusk when everything gets yellowish, and at rain time too, so one might prefer it on, i personally would like to have it at these specific weather/day times.

Thanks for your help.

And check your mod thread!

19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    Hey Crasher when do you expect the mashup 2.0 will be released?

will it have visual upgrade also?

20. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    The mod is just going to have a few bug fixes, clouds, sunflare, muzzleflash, etc. And some model/texture changes, like: Aiden, com_m_cau_03, etc.

Updated face texture:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016