Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. pityumacy

pityumacy New Member

GPU:
    HiS Radeon HD7950
    Please someone respond!

I can't unpack graphickit_models.lib, I always get the following error:
    Warning: could not find binary object file definition 'graphickit_models'
    System.Format.Exception: unsupported file version
    Gibbed.Disrupt.FileFormats.BinaryObjectFile.Deserialize(Stream input)
    Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject.Program.Main(String[] args)

I had no problems with items.lib and graphickit_parts.lib. I have the XNA framework installed. I even changed the : to _ in the following two lines (just as Infiniium said):
    A_MainCharacters.dlc01_Model_WIP_2014-04-16 16:35:18
    A_MainCharacters.dlc01_Model_WIP_2014-04-16 16:11:41

Nothing seems to work :(

I appriciate any help you could give me!

2. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Yes we toggled it. But it doesn't look like in the demo anyway, so its not worth it. Also it drops the performance when used with headlight shadows and other increased settings, especially during sunset/sunrise.
    Here's my old post about it:

3. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    So i've been working on some stuff, it's very early and have some bugs, but I recorded footage.

Now, we all know how 14 min demo had profiler more "dynamic" and interactive than the release version, so I've been trying to recreate it, and so far, I succeed at making system do so, but I'm not so sure if I can eliminiate all the bugs that it has(when Aiden recieve a phone call, animation will stop and repeat, not very critical imo). I never liked phonecalls anyway.

So, Aiden will now look at pedestrian during profiling in any movement state, jogging, walking, running, which it cool, release has it only when you're standing still, being idle.

https://youtu.be/2xkLbvjz3TE

Sorry for my presentation skills, it's been a while since I filmed anything, but it shows it's working on every occasion.

Tell me how you feel about this. Trying to dig more into it. WIP :)

P.S. would be killer if we could recreate it with left hand moving freely, but I'm not so sure if it's possible currently.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  4. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    This is very cool bro!

5. AlexD1945

AlexD1945 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X
    Hey. Yesterday stumbled upon a fashion which is also trying to restore the picture from E3 2012, and it looks pretty interesting. Its author Kadzait24s (also called events) to be in the bath and does not work on the mod from 2014, in general this mod and has remained in beta. I advise all modders who are working to return images from E3 to look at it, (if not already looked at) and use some of the features of this mod in your mods.

Sorry that I can not leave links to the sources, but here is how you can find it:
    Mod: "Kadzait24's Watch_Dogs E3 Mod 5 (Improved Rain, Bloom, Fog and more)"
    Facebook: @kadzait24mod

I'm really looking forward to when at least somebody, to restore that same picture with the E3, to make it as similar to the one that we have seen in the distant 2012-2013. I wish you success and good luck not only in creative terms, but also in the life and the family, I believe you will succeed. I hope that helped even than that, if not, Sorry.

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    beside the obvious things, one of the main difference here is the ambient fog, in vanilla its very low wich make everything look flat, the lower quality textures/meshes exaggerate that effect even more

check the left corner in the background from the e3 ps4 shot, its barely visible because of the fog, in vanilla you can clearly see everythings, also colors are more faded out in the e3 ps4 shot, its because of different colorgrading/tonemapping, but also fog does that effect too

from my experience modding W3, a little bit of ambient fog help alot to give more vibe to the scene

7. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    You know the red car from the end of the first E3 demo just noticed that it's changed a little from E3 to retail.
    If anyone wants to do something about it...

8. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    All the cars are slightly changed since 2012 demo. They changed headlights, taillights etc. and even model names are different. Red car now has dark carbon roof while in the demo it's red.

9. Markie

Markie Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Can you guys help me? I tried the MASHUP pack and for me it is the best, most complete pack i've found. Simply because it mixes almost everything else from e3 with Danvsw's Natural & Realistic lighting mod. There is just one problem. The game alone only with Danvsw's mod still looks better, more realistic than this pack (darker and stronger colors), and i feel like the only thing that causes that is the "e3 bloom" coming from every light source and making the screen bright in almost every daytime situation. Is there anyway to disable just it so i can have normal Danvsw's mod look but without losing anything from the e3 mods? Because, you know, i don't want to make my own pack just because i don't like the bloom specifically. And also how do i disable the fog? I feel like it is very demaning, since it's another thing that is present on the MASHUP pack but not in Danvsw's mod and for some reason the MASHUP pack runs noticeably worse so it may be the cause.

EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out:
    forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=410202&page=2

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  10. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    updated op with the crasher and txgt mods, if you want me to add something just ask

11. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    Any news?

12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Since WD 2 Archives are now extracted-ble, I port the WD 2 camera to WD 1. Still buggy.

[​IMG]

13. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Found a way to fix weird lensflares on light poles and cell towers when using anamorphic lensflares mod. In lighteffectprefab.lib each xml have the path to the texture that is used for cars. It's very long coded line. I just converted that binhex line into text using this site: http://www.convertstring.com/EncodeDecode/HexDecode
    Will test it soon.

Also if we can find the texture in WD2 for headlight shape reflection that we see blended with the light itself (i don't know how to describe it otherwise :D ) we can try to put it in WD1.
    The name and location of that texture in WD1: \graphics\vehicles_nexus\land\_textures\light_car_01.xbt

14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    -removed-

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  15. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    ModAiC showed off some things partaining to the E3 aiden face a few pages back.

I can't say anymore about that topic though. :)

16. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    -removed-

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  17. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
  18. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Nah, waiting on Oleg, can't export model properly.

19. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    One way I can think of is to reduce the red channel of all building textures to reduce it's reflectiveness (the opposite of what I did with the road reflections).
    Also there is the static reflection intensity in environment lighting settings but I don't remember if it influences he sky reflection.

20. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    That would be a pain in the ass.. And no, all these building reflection is real time reflection so static intensity will do nothing.

Scaling up the "probe scale" might be a way.