Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Yeah if someone coud get it to the point where it works reliably on handguns that would be amazing.

2. GhostBazar

GhostBazar Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 4GB
    That's not so cool the vanilla animation looks so pathetic... Also during the e3 2013 gameplay there is another animation?! maybe it's possible to find her ?! just take look : https://youtu.be/kPYgXvgS6Ww?t=332

3. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    That's the same anim as the 14 minute demo's sprinting animation.

4. GhostBazar

GhostBazar Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 4GB
    OH ok... Also there is nobody now who is working on the e3 walk animation and e3 face no?! Oh and how can I remove the profiler reticle and change it with the gun reticle like e3 demo ?!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Well, ModAiC showed some screenshots a while back of a prototype of an E3 Aiden face, but he hasn't shown any progress as of late.

As for the walkcycle; that was completely fixed, and you can download it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can change the sprite of the reticle in the files. A simple copy/paste job. :)

(By the way this has gotten WAY off topic on this thread, we should be talking about this on the Watch_Dogs General Modding thread)

6. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    First of all skeleton file, which is located at ...\windy_city_unpack\graphics\weapons, can be converted by Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject, into a xml file.

Then open the file, take px4 for example, inside you can find a line 506973746F6C5061727400 (Hex to String = PistolPart). You just need to change one value of it.

However, the actual file that enables blowblack should be *.hkx, aka a havok animation file.

Previously stated by Oleg, who posted multiple tuts on zmodeler, that a hkx file cant be altered because ubi implement custom rules for these files (maybe havok SDK might do). Editing the skeleton only defies the physics already set.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  7. GhostBazar

GhostBazar Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 4GB
    Yeah you're right. Going to this thread ;) Just one thing I'm just starting modding watch dogs and I don't know so much were is all files location.. So I don' know where I can change the sprite of the reticle and for the walkcycle where I can download it ?!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  8. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Thank you very much, I'll see what I can do. :)

9. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Hey, Silver. Do you know what makes the character render look like this? I stupidly put the wrong parameter of drivernexusmon for character. All skin shadings literally become cubemap.
    [​IMG]

10. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Wow I've never seen that! Anyway yes it looks like cubemap... Which file have you edited? Can't you simply restore the original one?

11. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Whoa! That face tho! Like a Terminator. :D Hey you made a new outfit mod!

12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    They're under the .../common_upacked/engine/shaders/materialdescriptions folder. Patched with patch.fat/dat.

And if you add a default color for rim light in character.xml, you might get the result below:
    [​IMG]
    I think the same can be done with a material *.bin file, right?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah yes you're right now I remember, in that folder you can find what parameters are present in which type of .bin material files, it's very useful. :)

Yes exactly, however a .bin material file is usually specific of a single model, so it's suited for specific edits and not "global" modifications. ;)

PS: You can have the .txt dump file of a .bin material file simply by importing it in Zmodeler, this way you can see exactly what parameters it includes and what are their values, then using a hex editor you can easily edit the .bin material file now that you know what's the value you are looking for.

14. moneytheman

moneytheman New Member

GPU:
    how much vram would this use on the highest settings and high in game on 1440p with dof and motion blur off on with temp aa on

15. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    Hi i love the mod but i found in the game files that there is two version of aiden

so can you make a patch for version 1 so i can experience with it i really wanna try it

thx

16. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    First version of aiden is the model that is used in first mission of the game, with blood on his hands.

17. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    no i mean in the game files there is a v1 aiden face if you search for a thread which is called "Watch_Dogs Aiden Pierce "E3 2012" Facial Model Replacement Mod?" you will find that there is a version 1 aiden in the game files

18. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    That mod is irrelevant, both threads pertaining to that subject have both come up with nothing.

There was something ModAiC showed off a while ago, but... Well... I don't want to spoil anything... ;)

19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    1st.in which thread? what did he say?
    2nd.i just want to know how to enable the v1 head cuz i can access the game files but i dont know how to enable the v1 head

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  20. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    ohh you mean the face he made or the face he found in the game files that have aiden's face structure?