1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Sure, it has already been done, it's the E3 Blackout tweak from txgt, it's available on all his mods since long time. ;)

2. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Did you noticed the "e3 blackout" folder in the mods I made for you? You should try it.

True.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    The texture pack is a patched version of the main file. So if you want to use the textures, just use my archive.

4. NJey90

NJey90 New Member

GPU:
    Evga Sprclckd GTX 980 4GB
    Hello, first off thank you for the reply.
    Second:
    I used your tip with --disablepagefilecheck for better Performance because at first try i had some FPS ups and downs.
    After this tweak it was much better fps but when i go to centre of the big town i still have some little slow downs (V-Sync is Off).
    And when i remember correctly i tried something out back in 2014 with the XML files to Activate the PC and E3 features and there was a line which improved the visuals and performance massively and that was a really great visible feeling.
    But right now i feel like something is missing even with this mod (example if i remember correctly the trees and plants looked much sharper and the Wind was stronger).
    IDK maybe its been to long since the last time i played it with that activated xml feautres.

EDit: Another Question:
    In the Gamerprofile.xml is the QUALITY:_runtime, should i change this to Quality: ultra?

5. ital92

ital92 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Ha, of course I did. And I have tried it, but I thought it wasn't exactly the same.

I'm specifically referring to the moment that lights come back and it flickers one time for a fraction of second. In that video the flicker lasts much longer (so it can be fully appreciated how the power returns, then goes away for a moment and then returns again). In Vanilla and even with the "fixed" E3 mods that you are saying, that flicker is so short that it seems that it doesn't occur.

6. .Star.

.Star. Member

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI Boost 2xSLI
    The final version crash after activating any privacy invasion panel. Any fix available?

7. n3oSwatkat

n3oSwatkat New Member

GPU:
    8GB
    I'm new to installing mods. How exactly do I go about installing this mod? There are 3 different downloads in the authors original post. One which includes 2 folders. Bin and the win64 data folder. Do I need to install both folders? How exactly? The one titled "KuroTenshi Texture pack" is the one that includes the 2 folders. I tried installing that one and it didn't change the look of the UI. Am I doing something wrong?

"Definitive Mod,

Definitive Mod 3.0 without NPC mod and vanilla ui

KuroTenshi Texture Pack"

8. exacelt

exacelt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti

You choose one of the three.

Definitive is the mod.
    Definitive 3.0 just removes those as a personal taste.
    KuroTenshi Texture is his own version of the mod, with little differences for his taste.

9. n3oSwatkat

n3oSwatkat New Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Ok but is it normal that the KuroTenshi Texture pack doesnt have the ui changes? Like the text and mini map.

10. exacelt

exacelt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yes that is normal.
    KuroTenshi didn't like those ui changes much. (He changed them in my mod at one point)

There is a FoC pack that you can find on the forum which is a bunch of standalone mods that you can add to yours.
    One included is the UI changes

11. n3oSwatkat

n3oSwatkat New Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Oh ok. Could i use the shader files in the KurTenshi pack with the main Definitive Mod 3.0 patch files? Would it make a different? Or should i use all versions seperately?

12. exacelt

exacelt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You can use the shader files from the KurTenshi pack with the Definitive mod if you wanted, though I'm not sure if it will make a difference.
    I haven't found a use for the shader files yet from this mod.
    Unless you mean shadering, as in... SweetFX/ReShade which can be used and will make a coloring difference.

13. n3oSwatkat

n3oSwatkat New Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Yeah the shader files in the bin folder. Thanks for helping this noob out. So far I'm loving this mod. Gave The Worse mod a try as well and this one just feels more complete and true to e3 watch dogs. Amazing work

14. GhostBazar

GhostBazar Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 4GB
    HI! How can we do for make aiden doesn't close his right hand when he's running like if he had a pistol ?! In the description video for the mod this bug dosn't appear...
    Sorry for my english ^^

15. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    [deleted]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016

16. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    The animation for that sprinting anim was never finished by Ubisoft Montreal. It was supposed to be an animation exclusively for when Aiden was holding weapons, so it was promptly "removed" (dumped in the animation files).

We don't know for sure, but some think that the regular (holstered) sprinting animation was supposed to be the animation shown in the 14 minute gameplay demo (ie. this: https://youtu.be/8z3iG2QlJXk?t=6m21s) or the vanilla anim, and the unholstered variant was supposed to be the one shown in the ps4 reveal.

TL : DR

It was a broken anim, so Ubi dumped it.

17. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    It breaks my heart to see Aiden's coat move so freely and the moving gun slide is also there in this gameplay.
    I still don't understand why they removed those things. It just makes no sense to me. Those 2 things surely coudn't have impacted the framerate that much?

18. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Actually I can't understand why the slide doesn't move in the shipped game, because the code for the movement of the gun parts is still present in every weapon .xml file and the moving parts are properly split from the base wepon model. :(

PS: See this section in the Pistol.P9mm.xml for example:
    Code:
      <object name="[B]PartsRecoil[/B]">
        <object name="[B]SlidePart[/B]">
          <field name="selProceduralType" type="Enum">Translation</field>
          <field name="vectorProceduralAxis" type="Vector3">0,1,0</field>
          <object name="curveProceduralMovement">
            <field name="hidNumKnots" type="UInt32">8</field>
            <object name="Knots">
              <object name="Knot">
                <field name="Value" type="Vector4">0,0,0.005,0</field>
                <field name="Info" type="Vector4">6.2832,1,0,0</field>
                <field name="Type" type="Enum">0</field>
              </object>
              <object name="Knot">
                <field name="Value" type="Vector4">0.01,-0.051,-0.00852,0</field>
                <field name="Info" type="Vector4">6.2832,1,0,0</field>

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  19. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Actually they are not completely removed from the game.

See this:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty cool, right? It's done by breaking the skeleton files (using dummy files) for a certain weapon that makes the game assume the gun is not locked at a static state. However, pretty buggy as you may have expected. This trick only works when Aiden holds the gun single-handedly.

20. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yes that's exactly what I meant, it looks like the slide movement could be still in the game, just prevented by something Ubisoft have done after the trailers, and as you demonstrated this seems to be the case. Which is very interesting! Do you know something more about that? How can I replicate what you did? It really feels like we are so close to have the slide movememnt back! :D