Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    no..

2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    You can use others icons but not change the wheel itself.

3. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    It might be, but chances not so high.

Many 2012 stuff is in Unknown folder, which we can't decrypt since there's no fileslist, and Rick doesn't seem to be interested in retrieving those

4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Going back to the bloom stuff again. Like I said earlier, "E3_2013_Storm_Bloom.xml" somehow affected the lighting and or bloom for the clear weather preset.

I sorted if I put in the same code for "E3_2013.Clear_Bloom.xml" It should cancel out the brightness problem.

It did... Sort of.

At first the HDR was going nuts, when I first walk out of a safehouse it gave me the expected result for a split second, and then a literal split second transition to basic default bloom.

So, the game completely ignored what I was doing in short.

I'm using "VR_Hacking.VR_Bloom.xml" to get the better storm bloom as tgxt stated in an earlier post, and getting the strange brightness after editing.

5. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Post the screenshot of the bloom in the game that you trying to get rid of.

6. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g

The bloom I'm trying to get rid of is shown here:

[​IMG]

Now it's a little less noticeable in this screenshot since I'm using another mod than Definitive at the moment. But there is sort of an 'extended bloom' that reaches over the screen.

You can see it better in this screenshot:

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to get rid of or tone down this bloom to make it more subtle like the early trailers, it was partially successful when "VR_Hacking.VR_Bloom.xml" was used. but it gave this result during the day at 9:00 am to 3:00 pm as discussed before:

[​IMG]

7. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  8. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
  9. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Well thats me first time using google drive:D I fixed the links, try now.

10. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Thanks! I owe you one! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmph, just realized, when you start a blackout during the day, the color of the shadows turn black, and the colourgrading gets darker. :3eyes:

11. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    give me your environmentlighting.lib and windy_city.game.xml and i'll see what i can do.

12. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Find the follow line:
    in E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.xml

13. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Does anyone know how I could integrate the e3 camera perspective with the definitive mod?

14. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Wut? I thought it already had E3 camera.

15. TheI3arracuda

GPU:
    GTX 980
    As far as I can see no.
    The camera is positioned a lot higher than in The Worse or merged mod.

16. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Quick solution:

-Download Marduk's cameracontext.lib: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx-NmN4b3qRoN0F4b19MV2dIenc/view?usp=sharing
    -Download this file: http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/disrupt-r49_b37.zip
    -Unpack it anywhere you want.
    -Go to the unpacked folder and open "bin" folder
    -Drag & drop "patch.dat" file or "patch.fat" file that represents your mod of choice to the file named "Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe" in "bin" folder
    -After that the folder named "patch_unpack" will be created in the folder you drag & drop from.
    -Go to that folder and open this directory: generated/databases/generic
    -Put there "cameracontext.lib" file from Marduks_camera.zip.
    -Drag & drop "patch_unpack" folder to the file named "Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe" in "bin" folder
    -After that you will see two files named "patch_unpack.dat" and "patch_unpack.fat". Rename this files to "patch.dat" and "patch.fat"
    -And you're good to go ).

If you don't like Marduk's Sprint camera I'll upload cameraxontext.lib without it later today or tomorrow.

17. TheI3arracuda

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Great I will try that. Thanks!

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I stopped development on this mod.
    After 700 hours you get tired of a game. I've moved on to playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
    I would love to finish the work that i left incomplete, but whenever i try to mod the game, i lose the motivation and become bored.
    I might go back to modding this game sometime soon, but don't expect much from me at all until Watch_Dogs 2 is released.
    With that said, I've been looking over work that the community have been completing today, and i see that you guys have been making wonderful progress, and if anyone needs help, i'd be more than happy to oblige.

Thank you for the support during the development of this mod, and i deeply apologize about my sudden absence/in-completion of this mod.
    If you wish to consult me about anything, here is my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatGuyOverThereWithPizza/

Have a good day

bravointheua likes this.
  19. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    No problem mate ! Everybody was always aware and didn't blame you (I spoke of it to answer recurrent questions). You provided us a good core. Up to us to improve/fix it;)

Have fun !

20. exacelt

exacelt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have a major issue... so I've been using KuroTenshi Texture Pack of the Definitive mod for awhile now. Recently, I upgraded from a GTX 970 to a 980 ti to play on total max settings.
    I tried to play and I get 30-61 fps.. and, before I would get major stuttering and found out I needed more RAM (had 8GB), upgraded to 16GB and.. when playing, it will use up to 15.7/15.9GB of RAM... I'm going to try adding my old 8GB RAM in as well, but I'm sure its the same result.. The game starts out playing at around 5GB but, I went in police chases for intense, and it goes up to 15.7GB.. please help.