Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Does anyone here know how to find which hkx file a model uses?

2. Lord_Defalt

Lord_Defalt Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770
    so um question i may have done it wrong but with this new version non of the side things have an icon besides shell game... is there a way to fix this?

3. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    @TheCrasher Turn off SLI for Watch dogs in the control panel.
    WD Has No Sli Support, and also put textures to high. the vram usage goes over 3.5GB so the performance suffers.

@ThatGuyOverThere Lmao the silver got all defensive just like he did when we criticized his 92fs replace. Grow up Silver please,understand that TGOTs fix worked for a lot of people, dont just say that his just flat out doesnt work.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I meant the static reflections, thanks for answering, I thought they were just a random prerendered road the devs made.

[EDIT:] I know I've been saying this question for a while (with no answers) but I want to know where the static reflection files are (I hate them) I just want to paint them over with a black texture, or blur them to make them look less out-of-place.

[EDIT2:]
    I turn off SLI every time I use WD (via nvidia control panel) and I have done all those things (marginal performance increase avg. fps before tweaks 27, after 31)

5. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Learn to read AjGamer please, you're just blatantly writing things out of your butthurt, that's childish, re-read all the posts without you rage glasses and you will discover that I never said "that his just flat out doesnt work", so yeah come back again with true things the next time if you can. "get your facts straight" ;)

EDIT: I already had to point this out to another one that somewhat accused me with the same false statement, here's the quote again, since you "somewhat" missed it:

6. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Now let's put the rubbish aside and end the offtopic once and for all. I have a question: Has anyone did any progress whatsoever with the .cseq editing? :) I remember that people were interested, but even if Thrax created a very convenient and foolproof conversion tool still noone apparently did anything, is someone working with the .cseq files at the moment? :D

7. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Trying to get some giblets to work, sky color, effect tweaking, etc.

(trying to get better fire textures for fire, and explosion textures for explosions)

[EDIT:] Proof that WATCH_DOGS_ is in bizaro-world:
    (look at the stairs)
    [​IMG]

8. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    To be honest I really don't care that much, and i wasn't in a rage/butthurt at all seeing how I honestly stopped caring about this game. we're working on a very much dead game here, so just let it die. After getting gta back again i cant play watch dogs for more tha 10 minutes. its just no fun. Even after all the work we've all thrown into it, we just have the same thing - A broken, boring, failure of a game. Lay it to rest and wait for Watch Dogs 2, Maybe it wont be such a disaster.

9. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    @TheCrasher
    Wut ? Upside Down ? xD

10. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    No, that's the underside of the stairs, suggesting its leading to a second floor, but when I exited from the back, the walls met with a corner where the stairs should lead. :gape:

11. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    If I'm not mistaken they should be here: windy_city\graphics\_textures\cubemap

But if you wanna paint them over with black texture you should not touch the "pink" area of the texture because this is the area where the sky color will be in the game.

12. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Ok, thanks! I can't believe I haven't looked there yet! :bang:

[EDIT:]
    I found a pixelated (but fairly detailed) interior texture to Demarco's Dot Conexion in the cubemap files. :)

[EDIT2:]
    Okay, I didn't know they half-*ssed this game this bad! They only used two cubemaps for each area (day and night)... now thats just low. :thumbdown

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  13. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yep, one day/night cubemap for each main area and that's it. :O I'm curious about how Rockstar solved the buildings reflection "problem" in GTA5, I don't have it, anyone played it on PC and can report about that?

I have also question though, this time about the famous E3 2012 gas station explosion: What's left about it in the files exactly? Only partial scripts and a couple of textures? I remember I've seen something one day but I have no precise idea. :D
    I remember reading in this forum that bringing it back in all its glory is understandably pretty much impossible, and that's fine considering that the "progressive explosion" of the vanilla gas stations is already quite cool IMHO, however while the rest can still impress there's one big thing that lacks and that probably would be easier to bring back compared to all the particles/physics stuff of the old explosion, I'm talking about the sound of the explosion itself and especially the metal crunching just before it happens, it plays a big part in the "scene" and makes everything feel more "epic", besides realistic. Anyone knows if it's still in the files and if it could be restored? :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  14. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I'm trying to find some textures to overlap the particles on the explosion.

Except its proven difficult since the original E3 explosion had larger animation textures which made the explosion and some fire in the same anaimation.

I'm looking at some textures in the Battlefield 3 files currently to find some candidates. ;)

There is also some smoke textures in WD that looks alright too. I could re-colour them orange (and shade them better).

[EDIT:] On a different note, I just re-textured all the cubemaps. The ones with transparency are now all transparent, and the ones completely textured are all black. It makes the game more immersive without the parallel universe peering back at you. :)

(if you look far enough down on my retextured cubemaps you can see the edge of the skybox :| )

15. dollmaster

dollmaster Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    @TheCrasher Yeah, you got a point! If you could re-colour that smoke from steam pipe, you could improve explosions.

16. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Well, yeah, but it would look like a garbled mess, since the explosion uses multiple textures rather than one. (the steam pipe also uses multiple textures but since the fire/explosion particles rotate when made, the smoke and effects from the steam pipe would be all over the place, (it would use alot of file editing too... ooh, bracket inside bracket :O))

[EDIT:] You stare into the void, and the void stares back...

[​IMG]

17. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    So, is there any new progress on the mod?

(sorry for double posting)

18. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Can this crossfire? does it fix stuttering?

19. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    So I found two minor annoyances. For one if you die Aiden won't put his hands in his pockets. That looks really stupid an irritating. The other thing is that the respawn animation never seems to work for me correctly. Hope you can fix these things. Other than that this mod is top notch!

20. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Not our fault, it's Ubi poor job on a game.

Nothing we can do about it, its all tied to move folder aka animation system in the game, which we can't modify.