Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I will try my best to find the best balance in the lights. ;)

2. gomson

gomson Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    How do you use ultra reflection...?

3. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Everybody, we are aware of the issue with the ui or icons. ModAIC is still trying to get it right. He must have given me something that caused this black icon issue.

This will be addressed and fixed properly once 2.8 is released.

Thank you for all of your support :)

4. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Ok, is he fix the scarf pop on yet?

5. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Yup the Chess icons are conspicuous by their absence.
    Press on mista mod maker ( hope I speak for us all ) we are appreciative and love what is going on so far!
    Plus the thought of potential, once it's all right, who nose you guys may be superstars :)

6. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
  7. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    here https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/tag/0.91-beta, download the 0.91 one, and follow the instructions

8. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Yay verily I have that one, and put it in *sigh* a big economy sized dollup of diddly squat.

Neer mind, I won't pollute the thread any further.

9. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    About the Lights in Shops - unlike the street lighting the shops have lights always on.
    This is what I achieved in my E3 Lite Mod (all current versions) by setting KillLodScale to "0.4" (Lower values mean farther draw distance):

Sunny Morning:
    E3 Lite Mod on "High" LOD:
    [​IMG]

Vanilla:
    [​IMG]

Sunny Evening:
    E3 Lite Mod on "High" LOD:
    [​IMG]

Vanilla:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  10. YoDevi

YoDevi Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Yeah you're right, it's pretty similar to the e3 2013. I'd still prefer how it looked in the 2012 :p

11. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    Yeah, me too.
    -More greenish colorgrading
    -Less DoF ( or at least further start of point ~30 meters away )
    -In my opinion the contrast wasn´t that high as it is right now, but I´m very unsure about it. But in the PS4 Gameplay Premiere the scenes under that bridge do not look that dark and in the sunlight it´s not that bright. ( Most of the "Brightness" comes from the high Sunlensflare and the bright sky.
    -In the E3 2012 Demo there was this kind of cold and dark feeling to the presentation. I think we have taken a big step further to it, through the cool Headlight Lensflares, we already have in this mod but the night scenes in that very first Demo do look darker in the background, then the actual gameplay right now. I know thats pretty contradictory because I said that the contrast was lower in the other Demo, but maybe someone here has got an explanation to this.
    It would also be very cool to have a weather preset, that would make the game look like in the beginning of the demo ( In Front of the Ambrose Theatre ) where the street lamps were already switched on even though it was still enough daylight and there was a pretty heavy amount of fog.
    Those together with light DoF looked awesome in the distance and created a really dense and unique atmosphere that really caught me. :)
    Anyway, the mod is great in its actual state, im just more addicted to the E3 2012 + PS4 Gameplay Premiere Setting than to the E3 2013 Demo.

12. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    ThatGuyOverTher i already use the ultra reflections, and are very satisfied with the red backlights cars because they are reflected on the whole environment in any situation. While other lights are reflected on bodycar only if they are in a certain camera angles or car position.

I believe that the red backlights cars have a different trajectory, which allows them to reflect on everything easily. So I ask you if you can put the settings (trajectory reflection) of the backlights cars, also on all the other lights, so the cars appear in this way, without that they lie on the sidewalk. Because it would be nice to have these "reflections" (at night) on bodycar when cars are on the road, but now you have to go on the sidewalk to get certain results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

red backlights cars REFLECTIONS... AMAZING
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Johny32

Johny32 Member

GPU:
    Alright cool. Keep up the good work

14. ShadowFighter

ShadowFighter Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780ti ROG
    Actually I'm new here (just joined yesterday), but since I appreciate this thread very much I think this is, where my first post is meant to be :D
    But back on topic: When I try opening the ''windy_city.xml, with all the weather presets including with Notepad or the Editor I just get weird signs, some sort of cryptic code. Opening all the other .xml files is fine.
    Anyone an idea what's the reason for that?
    (And sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker)

15. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti

16. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Sockenschock just look for txgt's thread grab the light dof file unpack this mod replace the camera file repack and thats it, light dof :)

@TGOT the game always rains sometimes it seems like it is about to stop raining but then picks up again , the game does look best in wet but hey some sunrays every now and then are nice too.

Hopefully you can release like two versions one with the vanilla settings for rain duration and timescaling I really do prefer the default settings , and then a modded version for the people who like things differently.

17. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    lol, on my pc it´s only rain for a short amount of time and then almost always sunny

18. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    lol @ boykimma wow this mod seems to have a mind of its own :) I even went to a safe house two times rested changed time and went out in between it kept on raining , but then again it keep on raining where I live as well so that might have something to do with it :)

ok sorry off topic , looking forward to ver 2.8 TGOT!

19. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Yes this mod is sort of random with the weather. Which is good and bad. I would like to find a balance in the weather system to make it somewhat more realistic.

20. ShadowFighter

ShadowFighter Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780ti ROG
    Apart that ''windy_city.games.xml'' in the patch_unpack issue which I'm still aware of, is there any possibility to restore these light bulbs below that bilboard at the ambrose theatre? It's not that important but something that feels less immersive (those flat 2d textures instead).