Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540

the mod ThatGuyOverTher is perfect in many situations, changing these values globally could ruin everything. ThatGuyOverTher know what to change, only those few areas that have problems.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  2. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Ok guys, there will be another update soon to V2.6

This addresses a couple more issues that were found.
    In my testing, "white screen" bug is gone. At least from what i have seen...
    Fixed the blurred out Aiden when he is aiming whilst in cover.
    Improved Windy_City.game.xml
    Made intensity of reflections higher.
    Made Depth of field stronger and more dynamic. ( this looks amazing! )
    Different fog conditions for different presets

*Need to fix or Work in progress*
    Lighting, it gets too dark sometimes when it is raining.
    Fix problem where lights will go out for a few seconds then come back when weather is storm weather is transitioning to another storm lighting preset.
    Make lights in the distance brigher
    Have buildings illuminate the city more
    Have relaunch 2012 clear fog ( ps4 reveal fog as default clear fog )
    Make cars more reflective ( can't get enough of those reflections )
    Edit paths for civilians so they will be able to walk on bridges
    Make traffic more dense
    Improve lighting to be more realistic
    Create sun flare from 2012 ( should be pretty easy since TXGT showed what lines and values control )
    Get rid of a few fog conditions that are too intense (fog that makes lights not that visible)
    Improve lens flares for trains
    Make anamorphic lens flares for the street lights ( i made the street lights have an anamorphic effect with reshade, it looked really good, but i want it to be rendered from the game, that way it looks like it is not just an overlay.
    Make the buildings have dynamic reflections ( not sure if i can do this but I should be able to get it done)

So, as you can see, we are far from being done with this mod.
    If anything, this is just the beginning of a very very beautiful game ;)

Leave a suggestion for what you think i should add!
    I am open for talk, really.

Thanks for the support, and have fun! :)

3. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    hey man, i think you should add the worse running camera because it's look exactly like the e3 demo

4. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Hmm, i won't be adding it. Sorry... What i will do is make the camera zoom out more when you run though.

You see, i once made a test camera that was like that with my custom DoF and centered but zoomed out running camera. It looked nice Imo.

I can make that camera zoom out more, i want to do that actually, but currently it is not the priority.

5. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    IMHO this deserves to be high priority (after the bugfixes obviously), it would be an awesome unique feature, a real addition to the game (I mean not an alteration of an existing feature), it would really be very very visible ingame since you face windows and building all the time.

PS: Sorry if what I said is not very clear, I'm not english.

6. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    The Worse running was over the shoulder, E3 was not, TGOT already have the running camera figured out ;)

7. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Yeah, i would really like to see it done as well.
    It would make the game feel much more alive.
    Though my only problem would be executing it, not entirely sure exactly what i would have to do in order to make the game use dynamic reflections for the buildings.
    And i mean, it should be able to be done... We have water and puddles with the dynamic reflections... Maybe i can base it off those..

PS: I understood you very well... For someone with English not being their indigenous language, you speak it very well. ;)

8. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    here is the worse running camera:
    [​IMG]

and here is e3 2012 running camera:
    [​IMG]

:)

9. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Like I said, The Worse camera is over the shoulder, E3 was not, it was directly behind Aiden and that is what we have

10. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Has anyone found out how to make the cloth physics on Aiden's coat more like the demos' yet?
    That would be a real treat to see, since it looked so dynamic and not ridged and locked like in the retail versions.

11. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    I'd like to have a few things that were in the 2012 version.

Reflections on the glasses
    [​IMG]

npc going in taxis
    [​IMG]

npc that come out of the shops and are seen hugging
    [​IMG]

probably there are other hidden animations, like the people who enter and leave the train ... :)

12. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    The glasses i am not sure about. I don't even know where the model is for the glasses, if i find the model then i can find the material bin which will lead me to the textures for glasses, then i can edit the specular map for it...

Those animations that you described are in the files. I started to exchange the ones that are form e3 to vanilla npcs, but the problem is that there are a lot... But i think i remember seeing the animation for those two, it is lovers something...

As for the taxi... Not sure at all. I will try to get it but i cannot guarantee anything.

Nice suggestions!

13. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    That animation is indeed in the game and can be seen very rarely on pharmacy at the ps4 reveal demo area.

14. ModAiC

ModAiC Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Sadly, those were just luas... :(

15. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I saw the hugging NPCs in Retail many times, like puredorian said at pharmacy from the PS4 Gameplay Premiere Demo. But they changed it (of course), made it more "dramatic": it starts nice but in the end the guy suddenly says "F**k you!" :D

Also saw the goodbye kissing couple with umbrellas from this demo: https://youtu.be/BopujaTjfCc?t=56s

16. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    How would you guys like it if i made it so even if you are a vigilante, some people will still call the police? Not as much as when you are a criminal but just sometimes people might freak out and call the police on you?

I think it would be nice but i would like to know if you guys would want that in the mod

Not sure if i can make the game do it but i might be able to get it if you guys want

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  17. dollmaster

dollmaster Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Any chance of finding those different police officers voices? Even this Ubi removed.

18. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    between those of daytime, this is definitely my favorite weather preset. It only has the defect of having shaders vegetation oversaturated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then IMHO, you have to improve the shader of the vegetation, because now it does not seem to be dynamic according to light and weather.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  19. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    can you make the mask animation slower, because it's to fast, sometime there bug

20. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I think that it would be a nice addition if not overdone, it would add a realistinc little challenge more. :)