Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    hey guys, i want to bring some things to your attention:
    1. the original slide across object while shooting E3 takedown is STILL in the game. i did it last night while doing a criminal convoy
    2. Ubisoft posted a video on August the 19th using Kadzait/alpahazs mod on ps4, and stating that shooting out 3 tires of a car would cause it to spin out and flip over. this cannot be done despite multiple attempts by me, and im wondering how it is taken out AFTER the games release although shown in the video.
    if youd like to see it for yourself, search Watch_Dogs-Flat Tires

2. gomson

gomson Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    how do you do the slide across object while shooting.?

3. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    it happens randomly, although rare.
    there may be a way to increase the animations presence though, I will bring it up with ModAiC

4. gomson

gomson Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI

5. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It is from Original Modder- Kadzait24
    first one to find graphical settings in W_D. I still have that exact patch on my pc.

6. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Member Guru

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    This is for dorian,
    I was wondering if it was possible make it so that the e3 2013-ish running anim
    would play when you would run without the pistol and the open world preview
    anim would play when you run with the pistol.

I had tried to do it myself by renaming the e3 2013 anim file to norm_nowep_none
    and the open world to norm_pistol_none but it did not work as it only played the e3
    2013-ish running animation.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  7. dollmaster

dollmaster Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    When you guys said "slide across objects", I thought it was about Aiden sliding and rolling over a car hood and firing a gun, just like in E3 2012. Is that animation still present in vanilla?

8. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I remember one time I noticed that Aiden did unusual (maybe even buggy) animation instead of rolling over the bonnet. I tested it many times and it works only with Cavale car.
    How it works:
    - take cover behind car next to the bonnet
    - push to the headlight until Aiden stops
    - aim across the bonnet (with any weapon without scope), push forward (W) and then vault (Space)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  9. txgt

txgt Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Just tested all this - the E3 car slide kill and the Flat Tire car spin worked during Criminal Convoy mission!
    I'm sure it works also in other Campaign/Side missions. I just rarely used this moves because I play safe, shooting from the cover straight to the head to put them down quickly. )

E3 car slide kill:
    - the enemy must stand or sit near the bonnet
    - the car must be with low and wide bonnet
    - just sprint towards the car with enemy standing/sitting behind it and hit Space

It's not working every time. Sometimes Aiden just kicks the enemy. It's not working on the enemies that needs to be "Knocked out".

10. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    i cant seem to get the car flip to work, maybe it only works on select cars?

11. puredorian

puredorian Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    At the moment it's not possible, but I'm working on possible solution, game reads instructions from player.movement.move.bin, which says to use pistol or norm_nowep, ubisoft seems to disable pistol sections and made it to read norm_nowep for everything, that's why anims not playable, it just disabled in the core of the animation system.

I do not gurantee that I made it work, but I have some theory I might test.

Stay tuned.

Yes, aiden does a slide with shooting to the enemy, but he will not take his rifle/gun or whatever. Happens very rarely too.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  12. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    great job, thanks. :)

However, this problem remains, if before pointing the weapon you are in position of cover
    [​IMG]

13. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    in daytime, with this type of sky and heavy rain, in shady areas the game is still too dark

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    ok, that is a fix that is really easy to do, i know which lighting that is. But right now i am working at the fog problem. It is so frustrating. I have to change many settings to know fog is bad and which one is not.

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else wanna ask or request something?

15. SPECTRE

SPECTRE Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6go
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

@ThatGuyOverTher

Why do aiden is blurred when targeted, is that a bug ?

16. gomson

gomson Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    @genstar and ThatGuyOverThere
    I had the same problem with darkness in some areas as well. I've also noticed something else. When you load the game, go back to the hotel safehouse (the first hotel at the beginning of the game), sleep and set you alarm to wake you up at 11:00am. When I go back out the colour grading is different, it has a bit of blueish hue and the darkness thing as well.
    However, if I quit the game and remove/disable reshade, everything works fine.
    also if I use Marduk's current mod with reshade, I get the same problem but it goes away once I remove reshade.
    Just a bit of FYI...

17. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    @ spectre, that is not a bug. That is just DoF from the camera blurring out aiden.

I got rid of that blur in the regular aiming but forgot to do it in the aiming when he is in cover.
    I will make sure to fix that asap. okay

18. gomson

gomson Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    Quick update regarding my dark areas if the game using reshade, I've been messing with the GamerPofile.xml and these sections seems to increase and decrease the overall ambient brightness:

Contrast_v3="1" NewGammaRamp="1.35" GammaRampR="1.3" GammaRampG="1.3" GammaRampB="1.1"

So far I've only tried increasing my "NewGammaRamp". The higher the values for this parameter the brighter the game, which makes sense. I'll try the other "Gamma-xxx" settings.
    Anybody have any ideas on these settings...?

19. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    ThatGuyOverTher if you have fixed the 2 problems that I have mentioned, for me the rest is all ok. Even the fog, did not give me problems "white screen".

20. dollmaster

dollmaster Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    So, that white screen with that insane bloom around is because of the fog? Here it appears when repawning.