Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    am not sure why you modified the day rain settings, they looked already very good and not too dark, at least not as much as in the last version

also the back taillight intensity is too high, am not sure if its possible, but in the demo they get transparent/disappear when aiden get close to them

2. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
  3. jamc

jamc Member

GPU:
    Msi R9 270x 2GB
    How do you even play with that framerate?

4. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    What about the physics on the characters model in the video? Are they different to AidenĀ“s Physics and if yes, could they be used too improve them?

5. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Yes, different models use different physics. The xbg loads material bins and other files such as hkx. Hkx, if i remember correctly, controls the physics. Material bins load the textures. So yes, we can get other models physics and apply them to aiden, but it will look wrong.

6. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    ThatGuyOverTher in my opinion, to the motel in a few seconds you can test three types of lighting, following this path. And if you sleep, you can choose the time of day.
    1) artificial light (in the room)
    2) natural light (Balcony corridor)
    3) shady area (snack machine)

7. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    for now, the thing I like most of v2, is definitely the Civilians density ... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. But now I'm curious to see how is the city with the sun, just ThatGuyOverTher fix everything.

[​IMG]

8. boykimma

boykimma Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    hey @thatguyoverther, is it possible to make a snow mod for this game, like changing all the rain textures and wet texture to snow texture?

9. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    yes, but it is a bit tedious to get all the things that would correspond to rain and make it snow.

10. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    It will be all good, fixing everything right now actually. You can expect another update some time soon.

11. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Yes I already thought of making one or two snow weathers. But you don't know when the story takes place. So snow can be not needed.

12. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Member Guru

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    I remember a long time ago theworse mentioned that there was a file called snowflake.xbt that just replace the rain texture.

13. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Hi guys, any news about "breaking the ground"? :D

14. gomson

gomson Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    Sorry man, we're all still waiting in anticipation... :-(

15. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    we hope that today will be released v2 fixed...

16. genstar

genstar Member Guru

GPU:
    gt540
    imho "the thing groundbreaking" are the bin file ... and if they had worked it would have been truly groundbreaking :rock:

17. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    guys let them work on their thing, and dont get upset if its not what you wanted, the amount of time and effort this game require to mod is atrocious because of the lack of modding tools

18. AjGamer

AjGamer Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    the groundbreaking thing is truly groundbreaking. not like any of you are actually contributing to helping them find all these E3 files. this **** takes time, so be greatful for what we have now and wait.

19. ThatGuyOverTher

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Guys sorry about this but you are going to have to wait two weeks for the next update. Just went on vacation for spring break. Before i left though. I had fixed problems for storm lighting and some fog issues too. I would have released it but it was not finished... sorry about this. I will make sure to work on this thr second i am back on my pc.

20. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Was anyone upset or ungrateful? Has anyone written anything harsh (except you)? Nope. So stop overreacting about nothing, drink something and have some sleep. ;)

@ThatGuyOverThere: Ah ok cool we will wait two more weeks for that "groundbreaking" secret thing that you were working at, no hurry we bother only about the result, take your time! :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015