Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ****. Slightly worried now.

2. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Worried about what ? :)
    I'm sure it won't take THAT much to run it at 60 if you lower a few settings (namely the view distance/LOD/geometry), just like Black Flag which can perfectly be played at 60 as long as you have a rather fast CPU and you lower the "environment" setting.

Nothing to be worried about.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's very impressive that it's 60fps on the PS4, but is it a stable 60, or is it going to be patched to a locked 30 after complaints.

Sounds like an efficient engine though, which should be good news for the PC, well providing you have a good CPU.

4. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It won't be a locked 60. Average 60 ? maybe but it should be noted that many console games that advertise their 60fps don't actually average 60fps.
    Battlefield 4 on PS4 is 50fps, not 60.

But this is still impressive for a PS4 and most importantly it should make anyone hyped for DX12 which will considerably lower the CPU overhead.

5. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Surely if it runs at 60fps on PS4 that's a good sign? If a PS4 can run it at 60fps then you'd expect a decent PC to be able to manage it as well. I'd be much more worried if the PS4 was capped to 30fps

6. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Yeah as long as you have what it takes in terms of CPU it should be fine.

While a 3770 recommended paired with a 560ti could indicate a CPU bound game the very good news is that 8 cores CPU are finally going to be taken advantage of. :)

Given that Ubisoft Kiev are far, far away from the PC version there is hope.

7. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    This isn't confirmed by Ubisoft yet as these are claims coming from Sony, the article on videogames.com states:

"Ubisoft has yet to formally confirm the game's resolution and frame rate on any console, although comments from cinematics animation lead Lars Bonde last month suggested that the game will run at "full HD" 1080p on PS4."

If Watch Dogs is running at 1080p-60fps on the Playstation 4 then that's awesome but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

8. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT710
    The game has obviously had a visual downgrade since the early promos, so it better run at 60 :p

9. kriller2

kriller2 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960 8gb
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Very nice, and that is old PS4 footage.

I was planning on skipping this for a few months, but if what Sony is saying is true then this might be one of the rare optimised games and i might not have to compromise visually as much as I previously thought.

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If PS4 runs this at 1080p/60fps, good. If Xbone can't do the same... I'm seriously amused. Why did M$ even bother with this console? There's a handful of games already that run at higher res on PS4. It's becoming a joke.

13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It will be interesting to see how the future of the Xbox plays out, no one I speak to considers things like resolution that important and it played no part in their decision to get a PS4.
    Their decision was based on price and games, but Sony clearly think people do care about resolution.

I do think its Sony marketing though, I don't believe it will be 60fps minimum so it will end up looking worse than a locked 30fps.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, PS4 also being cheaper... no brainer.

Of course it won't be 60fps minimum, I doubt I'll run it without dropping below 60fps.

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's why I think it's more about marketing and it would not surprise me if the PS4 version just ships with an unlocked framerate.

16. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Watching the video for Sunset Overdrive is actually the first time the Xbone has impressed me, ever. For once it actually looks like it has some ****ing oomph behind it technically speaking.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    I thought the same watching the video. It looked very colourful indeed.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    If a game were to make me want an xb1, its sunset overdrive.

Sony really dropped the ball on that one.

19. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Which raises the point if the machine can impress with one such game why doesn't impress with anything else in its gaming catalogue compared to anything on the PS4?

Technical showcases...

PS4 = Infamous 2
    Xbone = Sunset Overdrive

Oh wai, Microsoft have Titanfail. :D

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ryse is more of a technical showcase than Sunset Overdrive which visually doesn't look that impressive, unlike Ryse it looks like a good game though.

If we are taking comparing tech then it's best to stick to games like Watch Dogs etc...exclusives make it to difficult to do apples to apples comparisons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.