Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  2. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Watch Dogs might not look as good as it did, but it should still be the best looking open world game on the market.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That was pretty well put together! I hope it's as good as Sleeping Dogs was.

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    What defines next gen, a new console a new graphics card a new engine. Next gen statement is buull****t, its a fuxking game that exists.

5. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Most of the technical terms you mentionned are extremely vague. For all we know everything could be baked and low quality, it's not difficult to do GI.
    Real-time fashion however require significantly more and the flat lighting the PC trailer showcased certainly does not impress me at all. Even the tessellated water is poorly detailed, it looks more like jelly than anything else in my eyes but I'll give you that Infamous does not achieve much in the grand scheme of things, less than what Watch Dogs promises.
    Just to make that clear, Watch Dogs as it is looks good (by cross-gen standards) but dare I say I wanted much, much more given the baseline those next-gen consoles provide.
    Once again the last-gen machines hold everything back.

Same goes for the "simulation talk". I'll believe it when I see it, it's just too easy to mislead by grossely approximating things.

The new trailer looks great. Ubisoft's marketing firm never disappoints, I will pick up the game and I will see for myself how "next-gen" it really is.

6. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    To be fair to Infamous it offers far more freedom in terms of how you traverse the world and that is something which hasn't been considered.

For as good as Watchdogs looks your only transport options are ground level based which means there is a lot less to worry about in terms of what needs to be rendered at any point in time.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    While i wouldn't compare the two technically, the same could be said about The Amazing Spiderman 2 as well.

I only played Infamous for about an hour but it felt more like a free roam third person game set in a city environment than an actual open world game set in a living city.

Even GTAV on the PS3 felt larger and more alive, although i thought the lighting in the Second Son (while over the top) was stunning at times.

I think some people just don't like the look of Watch Dogs as it's not conventionally "pretty" as they aimed to make the game look like a realistic version of Chicago, and compared to the video footage shown and even Google Maps it looks like the succeeded.

Edit: Ironically while looking for the Google images again, i found a dumb comment about the Google photograph of the real city being what is wrong with lighting in games these days:wanker:

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Wow, Ubisoft has paid close attention what GTA IV and V did right, that's for sure. Even their trailers are equal by now.

Never would have thought i see another big city sandbox game on PC before GTA V.

Cmon Rockstar, you cant just let them take over your territory can ye? :D

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Why not lol? WD was originally due to be released late last year. I kinda like they put it back 6 months, just imagine what a mess the game would have been back in late 2013. Anyway, my only worry is that I'll end up running around the city constantly scanning things with my phone, that doesn't sound like fun to me and a lot of the footage I've seen is mainly that.

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's a very valid point, while it's rare to see something new and original these days it's also hard to see how long you could do this before you go bored.

There is also the fact GTA and even moreso Saints Row don't take them self to serious so you can forgive some stuff.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see, hard to tell as so far the majority of the marketing has been more about the tech and scale of the game than the actual gameplay.

I'm sure people will still get alot more value for money than most games though.

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I want to be hyped for this. But the fact thats its a ubisoft title just makes me roll my eyes and think about all the reptitive side missions and horrible and intrusive ui that will have points and xp flying all over the place.

Wheres Rainbow Six... what was it called? Patriots or something.

13. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 680 1254/7000
    whooa, before this trailer i thought WD had nothing on Infamous SS when it comes to graphics, but i must say, with some tweaks i guess it can actually turn out being better. Some really nice looking character models. Only thing that it is really missing are cars and people having realtime reflection on the puddles.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    See that's what I've been saying few pages back :D

And yeah it turned out really good in the end.

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Was curious since I posted and founds this, don't know if you've already saw it as it's a few weeks old, but seems a decent variety of things to do.

http://youtu.be/11QqKWB-a2k

16. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    It could be said if it didn't look like complete rubbish, even for a last-gen console.

I haven't actually played SS but watching direct uncompressed footage judging from those it looks exactly the same as the previous 2 which as you say are more free roam third person action games than a proper sandbox. I always hated how everything looked the same and partially still does especially destructible items in SS but they have improved the graphics exponentially compared to 1 & 2 which were really quite poor/average.

To be honest though I'm not overly fussed with graphics since moving solely to PC gaming I'm finding everything pretty damn good when I can remove 99.9% of aliasing, have sharp textures everywhere with 16xAF and have no framerate issues.

Plus no game I have seen (not counting tech demos or pre-release footage) has really blown me away and made me think damn this is next-gen stuff right here. Perhaps PC gaming has skewed my judgement because whilst the original Watchdogs trailer blew me away when I was still on PS3/360, now it doesn't and I don't even think there has been that big a downgrade comparing PC to PC.

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    2.5 weeks is soooooooooooooooo long. :(

What to play till then if you want a big city sandbox? What games are similar to WD on PC?

- gta iv
    - saints row 4
    - payday2
    - ???

18. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    The game runs at 60fps on PS4 apparently :
    [​IMG]

I wonder what it will take to run it at 60fps on PC, not even maxed out.
    I hope I'm wrong but the game is shaping up to be horribly cpu bound.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    It's a nvidia game so nope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.