Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Yep, but I have no worries about how it will look on PS4 at all. I am sure it will look great for a console. What people are not seeing in those specs is 8GB UNIFIED GDDR5 memory. Meaning that the GPU can access any of it, and the CPU can access any of it. Meaning developers can allocate any amount of RAM to whatever task needs it the most (ie textures, etc). Sure around 1GB max will probs be locked to system and OS. But still, if they allocate 2GB RAM for the GPU thats still rivaling most high end GPU's we have now such as the GTX680 (yea I know it has nowhere near that kind of power). The textures and Anti Aliasing will look great if they stick to 1080p.

Also, did you see that "deep down" trailer from CAPCOM... that was meant to be in game. I am unsure of certain parts though. When the character has the torch light looked in game, and when the man was fighting the dragon looked in game. But the beginning round the campfire looked prerendered to me.

Crap load of tearing was running on a PC, "spec'd out to be the same as PS4" once they lock it to 30fps they will be able to crank the visuals up on consoles and for third person games like this 30fps is fine.

100% agreed. Although after their recent PC ports I might wait to see how Watch Dogs performs. Hoping some of that X86 coding on PS4 will help is PC gamers out.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's just a personal preference thing though, i agree they are overambitious but that it's better than the playing it safe route of nearly every other publisher.

CPC_RedDawn, true but the tearing and lack of a working PS4 version makes me think that neither version is in the best of state and it might be getting rushed out to meet PS4 launch-day.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  4. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    USA, yes. Europe 22.11. :(

6. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'm just surprised it's being released this year. Thought it would be a 2014 release.

So is this the 1st next generation game being released this year?

7. menaceuk

menaceuk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    It is not a next gen game. It is a current gen game and next gen game. Emphasis on current gen.

8. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    I've been reading everywhere that it's a next gen title. Certainly looks like one in my opinion.

9. menaceuk

menaceuk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB

It is coming to next gen hardware.

What makes it look like one ? Nothing in it couldn't be done this gen ( Obviously) and the footage is all from the PC version ( As Usual)

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Next gen for consoles, current gen for PC..guess we can put it this way

11. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Okay, so is Watch Dog going to be the most advanced technical game for the PC or is it just a good looking game? When I saw the gameplay video the visuals looked much better than any other game released this year.

12. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    Uhhh what about crysis 3? those graphics are the best ive seen in any game to date (if your not counting the games currently in production that is)

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I'm expecting most ports from the PC to be rushed and mediocre.

I think PS4's CPU may be a problem initially. Rumours say it might be clocked at 2 ghz, but that's still pretty low clocks today, and it will take time until all cores finally are used.

14. menaceuk

menaceuk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    It is said to be 8 cores. Last I read it was 1.8Ghz per core. I don't think the CPU will be an Issue. I mean that puts it roughly around 14Ghz in total power.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I saw a new gameplay video and it looked a little dumb'd down gfx compared to that early footage, kinda sucks..

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    http://worthplaying.com/article/2013/4/29/news/89035/

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I had the same feeling, but it will probably look much better on PC with high resolution, aa, dx11 etc. I'm more curious about the gameplay.

18. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Good thing it's coming to PC, saw the PC version available for pre-order on uplay.

19. Smartino

Smartino Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Just to clarify one last time though guys, this game IS coming to current gen consoles as well, so it's gonna be released for the current gen consoles, PC ánd next-gen consoles.
    So I wonder how much of a difference there will be between the different versions, except for a few graphical updates on the next-gen and pc obviously. In terms of gameplay and the content of the game it would be designed to run on the current gen consoles I'm afraid.

20. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.