Watch dogs revival mod(E3 2012)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by KAOS GAMING, Aug 2, 2017.

1. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    In final game you can't slide over and shoot the Cop , you can only do this to criminals

2. The Silver

The Silver Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Now I understand the detail that you are talking about, thanks.

3. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Np , it also appears more commonly because i replaced the default unarmed animation with the pistol one , so like i said when you have the pistol in your hand or one handed SMG you shoot him , but when you don't it still works like normal

4. Dvirzigel

Dvirzigel Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 970 4gb
    What is E3 2012 profiler?

5. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    I remade the Profiler to look like E3 , removed few stuff and changed the crosshair (No Dot crosshair tho , it looks like its impossible to make it a dot) i found some older version of the crosshair that i added there

6. TODDNAUTS

TODDNAUTS New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    So far I'm loving what I see. But all I can consider is adding a few videos to show it in action.

7. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    We will ;)
    I also want to do some script changes that will be showed soon

8. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    You know if is possible modify to increase the size of the fires in the gas station...I mean the fires on the final game has a size so little when it generates and I don't know if is possible to increase it, because the original E3 textures of fires and explosions are in the game and if the size could be modified we can edit the final textures and replacing with the E3 ones.

9. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Which ones are e3 then? Because what I did was copying small texture to high then medium to high , making it thicker , then copying that edited texture as medium and small , did some more adjustments and done , I want to add some debris and more particles , the problem is I DON'T know WHICH file to edit to add new particles , Silver does know but he doesn't want to tell which file is it

10. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Ok this goes with Google translator so sorry haha

I say that they are in the game because I have seen the video of the demo quite a few times and the final version and I know that the fire files of the final version are these

Gfx_firelarge_d
    Gfx_firelarge_d_high
    Gfx_firemedium_d
    Gfx_firemedium_d_high
    Gfx_firesmall_d
    Gfx_firesmall_d_high
    Gfx_fireball_d <I'm not sure it's from the gas station but it's part of the fires of the final version.
    Gfx_fireball_d_high <I'm not sure it's from the gas station but it's part of the fires of the final version.

Now those of the E3 are these

Gfxm_d_firegen_10x12_01
    Gfxm_d_firegen_10x12_01_high

<This is the one seen at the beginning of the shooting when it is quickly shown that the gas station is being burned.

Gfx_fireball0164_d
    Gfx_fireball0164_d_high
    Gfx_fireball01b64_d
    Gfx_fireball01b64_d_high

These are the ones that are supposed to be the fire of the explosion and the final fire after the explosion.

Gfx_fallingflames_d
    Gfx_fallingflames_d_high

<And these are the falling flames.

Obviously the amount of procedural destruction and GFX used was eliminated but if it is based on the final version can have a better result and something similar to E3 I think.

All those files are in patch / graphics / gfx / fires.

And in patch / graphics / gfx / explosions.

gfx_explosion_d
    gfx_explosion_d_high

They are the files of the explosion of the cars, all this is in the unpack of windy_city.dat

Clarify this is what I have seen and I can be totally wrong but anyway I wanted to tell you that you are really the modders and not me :)

11. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Aren't the fireball textures the falling flame "Ball's" that are still in vanilla game?
    I know about the firegen thing , those are the ground flames that appear after the fireball lands on the ground

12. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    What you say "Ball's" are the falling flames of which I name you above, the textures of fireballs are other and are the ones I told you.

Yep on firegen that you say appears after landing on the ground ... BUT ... firegen is also the one that appears at the beginning of the shooting in the demo, when you see that the gas station starts to burn.

([E3 2012] Watch Dogs - E3 Gameplay Demo - 6:55)
    ([E3 2012] Watch Dogs - E3 Gameplay Demo - 7:10 - 7:15)

After you see the gas station burning, you still see those firegen

([E3 2012] Watch Dogs - E3 Gameplay Demo - 7:46)

EDIT: I forgot about the smoke of the demo I think these are because of the dense they look and the color so dark

Gfxm_d_smoke_loop_5x5_d
    Gfxm_d_smoke_loop_5x5_d_high

And in the final version I think these are

Gfx_smoketrailsthin_d
    Gfx_smoketrailsthin_d_high

<These are the ones that are seen after exploding the machines where you shoot so that the explosion begins.

Gfx_smokelarge_d
    Gfx_smokelarge_d_high
    Gfx_smokemedium_d
    Gfx_smokemedium_d_high
    Gfx_smokesmall_d
    Gfx_smokesmall_d_high

<These are the final version (I think, because I have not detailed them so much yet).

Gfx_smokethick_d
    Gfx_smokethick_d_high
    Gfx_thick0364_d
    Gfx_thick0364_d_high
    Gfx_thick0464_d
    Gfx_thick0464_d_high

<These are part of the demo or the final version, I do not know.

Gfxm_smoke_10x5_d
    Gfxm_smoke_10x5_d_high
    Gfx_phosphorussmoke0132_d
    Gfx_phosphorussmoke0132_d_high

<And these I have not seen them anywhere ... I say maybe I'm mistaken enormously.

Gfx_d_smokes_thin <this is only a 22KB file but they are the bullets tracers of the demo, I say it because I edit the file of the bullet tracer of the final version

(Gfx_d_bullet_tracer_d that is located in patch / graphics / gfx / _common)

And I added only one line of smoke from the four that brings the texture and accepts but not as in the demo just like the bullet but it is exactly the same.

13. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    I replaced some of the smoke like you said and it looks like this
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

14. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    I had not even experimented with the smokes but with the fires yep

Thoughts?
    1. Did you replace the texture on the file that uses the final version or edited the texture on each of the sequences of the vanilla file?

- I say this because at first I replaced the firesmall texture with firegen without regard to the resolution sizes of the file and I did not work, only the texture came out as frames.

15. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    I replaced the smoke's only (And it somehow works without any glitches)
    Fire texture is my own edited vanilla ones

16. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Mmm I got it...let me 1 minute to take a shoot at my fire.

And obviously works because the way it works without fail is to replace directly from the original file.
    EXAMPLE you open the original file of gfx_explosion_d_high and from the .dds you edit it and add another texture preserving resolution size (multiple of 4 according to the file) and it works because you are editing the original file and not creating a new one or replacing names.
    Because if you just replace names the game detects the original file of windy_city.dat and uses it instead of the one you replaced.

17. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    yeah this is called fooling the engine

18. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
  19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb
    can u please continue discussing about this topic in the general modding page?

20. Mrlu

Mrlu Member Guru

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Yep sorry...I just say it because your page and mod its about E3 things :) Sorry anyway