Watch Dogs Optimization XML

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mkeezay29, Jun 21, 2014.

1. micronn

micronn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1GB
    Yes :)

2. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    So excuse my ignorance, but please confirm I'm understanding this right...

No Ubisoft patch needed OR included?

This works with other mods that use patch.dat and patch.fat, unless you use the patch.fat and patch.dat included, which removes the DOF effect? Are these patch files based on TheWorse mod?

This looks very promising, thanks! I'm going to try your files as I'm tired of reading all this crap and just want to play the damn game with a bit of enhanced graphics and without crazy DOF. It sounds like this config worked for you since you already beat the game, so it can't be terrible!

3. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX

I'll try to answer this the best I can.

Ubisoft patch is not included. You can play without the Ubisoft patch.

This will work with any patch.dat / patch.fat from TheWorse or any other source, or if you want the DOF removed you can used the included patch files.

I am not sure where he based these patch files from.

4. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Correct, it will work with theworse mod Patch.dat .fat or with those files from any other mod, I don't like the DOF in the later mod but I haven't tried the new one, if you can adjust DoF with it then you might not need miy patch.dat, mine removes it entirely though so if that's what you want grab it.

I will be giving bilago the final version tonight after I fix a few more things and add a patch.dat for the newest update

BTW Ultimate preset is pretty damn demanding but it looks great, rain density and frequency is very high, 200 splashes per second and extremely dense, very long draw distances and shadows load further away from you so you can see more detail in long range, very demanding though.
    Ultra is a lot more forgiving though, I made Ultimate just for those who like to put their rig to the test.

5. micronn

micronn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1GB
    You should add it on 1st post, it's really important for users in here.

6. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB

Sweet, thanks. Can you do me a favor and leave the link for the current patch files up after you upload the new? I'm at work and mediafire is blocked, and I'd like to be able to try the version without the Ubisoft patch, as my game doesn't stutter without it and hear that it makes things worse for some people. If not, no worries, just a selfish request, lol.

7. bilago

bilago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 660GTX
    When I get the new files I will leave an option to install with or without Ubisoft patch

8. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB

Buncha' nice folk we got here.

9. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    I had it on the 1st post but it became kind of a mess, it's on there clearly now, Yes this works with the TheWorse mod 0.8 and 0.7, you can use my High or Medium setting XML and still have the effects from the mods like dynamic headlights and E3 bloom and get a good framerate, or if you have a low end rig use the Low setting get a good framerate and still keep the effects,

10. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    So I just tried this out and the DOF doesn't seem to change from TheWorse mod 0.7 I was using... I think this may be based on his V 0.7, but that makes no sense because these were supposed to remove the DOF, right?

Is there some trick to replacing the patch files properly?

11. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    If you want to remove DOF you need to replace the patch.dat file with the one from the installer, it only works with v0.7 of TheWorse mod though, I will try to upload a file for the new patch.dat but it's 1.3GB so it will take me a while with my slow upload speed, plus I need to find a host that will allow files that large.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  12. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Right, that's what I did... I had v0.7 of TheWorse installed. I downloaded your zip, copied the XML file, and copied both patch.fat and patch.dat from your folder to replace the worse 0.7.

Are you saying the installer has a different version of the patch files than the zip download? And no worries about 0.8, it's not as easy as just copying the patch files, and I don't want to brutalize my game install, lol. I just want something decent without crazy DOF. Thanks.

13. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    If you could find a way to make it rain 24/7 you would be the hero of the Watch Dogs community. :3

14. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Maybe the files got mixed up, these will remove the DOF
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/28nobc1w69g65c9/Watch Dogs DOF-Blur Effects OFF (TheWorse Mod (0.7).zip

Believe me I'm trying

15. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Yep, that did the trick! Thanks man. Now just one thing... How the F am I supposed to switch my resolution to 1920x1200 when it's a read-only file? Haha.

EDIT: I'm guessing I just set it in game, since the file is read only, it won't break all the other settings? One thing I noticed though; I tried the Ultra settings, and textures were set to medium. With the High config, textures are set to High...

16. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    No do not go into options or it will reset the XML file, right click on the file, hit Properties, check off Read Only, then edit the resolution in the file, save and then make it Read Only before restarting the game.
    As for the medium setting in Ultra I'm not sure how that happened, will fix immediately, thanks for letting me know

17. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Someone want to make an ultra-low .fat/.dat? I'm talking cpu dependent settings (reduced view distance, npcs, physics, etc).

18. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    The low and medium XML have reduced draw distance, low physics, lower particle density, etc., I can change physics settings to lower the amount of breakable dynamic objects, there is no need to alter patch,dat/.fat to accomplish this, it is already done in my XML, even some texture maps have been reduced, on low I get damn near 90FPS and on high I get between 50-60, I will add some new changes if you want like the number of dynamic physics based objects allowed at one time.

19. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    New files added

Changelog:
    Wind Force increased in the whole world not just for trees and grass
    Maximum # of dynamic breakable objects decreased
    Minor value changes
    Removed Ultimate file as it was kind of the opposite of what this is for - EDIT: Ultimate re-added for those with very high end rigs
    Fog Density improved
    Terrain detail distance improved
    Small FPS increase over the last version
    changed wind direction (next going to try and make variable wind directions)

Easy Installer Download

File Package .Zip Download

Enjoy, and thanks for all the feedback, adding an installer later that will allow you to pick your resolution, thanks to Bilago.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  20. WhoIsBrightside

WhoIsBrightside Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 550 Ti (2GB)
    Thanks a lot for this!

I have a question though; I'm wanting to use MalDo's texture mod, since they're better optimized than the game's vanilla files. In the XML, which value would I edit to use his High-Ultra textures?

Edit: As well as the setting for Temporal SMAA. What would change and input there?