Watch Dogs Nvidia PC Tech Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA began a promotion last week bundling Watch Dogs with a qualifying video card. The promotion is for an unspecified limited time and gameplay starts on May 27th on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox O ...

Watch Dogs Nvidia PC Tech Video

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Hope they release a benchmark

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, considering the last Ubisoft games I played (AC3, 4, FC3, BD) ran fine on my rig (albeit, after some patching) I want to believe that this will also run good. They better have SLI working on release day, also maybe a new WHQL driver... :)

4. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Damn, it looks pretty good... Anyone care to buy 780 for me? :D

5. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Watchdogs=Steam+Uplay and made for Nvidia so no thx they won't get my money.

Steam+Uplay is rediculous already and developed with Nvidia is saying fuke you AMD users we don't want your or buy Nvidia you losers.

It's a double no go zone for me. I answer with my wallet Ubisofs

And they wonder why PC market is going down the drain, your so genius you losers.

Games should be developed for both cards not one how stupid can they be.

Not in a million years i will buy game that say its ment to be played with Nvidia card.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Pc gaming is on a heavy rise, not close to falling down the drain,
    its marketing at the end of the day its all about making money for nvidia and amd,
    amd had theif, nvidia had acbf they will always try and get exclusive titles,
    but its not really exclusive when they pretty much work the same with nvidia or amd hardware.
    Just be happy that its coming out on pc!

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    1) What makes you think PC gaming is going down the drain?

2) With your **** attitude I don't think Ubisoft cares whether you buy their game or not.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah ill not be getting it, would if it didn't need Uplay, but its rediculous that if you get it on Steam, you still need Uplay as well (like FC3 which i also didn't bother with), its like bloody gfx cards, you want this feature, you get this card, that feature, that card.

You want this game, you get Steam, this one, you get Origin, this one Uplay, why can't they just put em on them all, what the hell is the need for all these seperate ones that do the same thing, let you buy and download and play games through em, its a pi$$ing joke, surely if they bung it on Steam, without the need for Uplay as well, they'll still make money from it, its an absolute joke, why i never bothered with Crysis 3 either, as Origin is needed, but why, ive already got one you can get games through, its called Steam, just bung the ****** on that as well ffs!

Get enough proprietary sh!t from AMD and Nvidia, now we getting it from these *******!

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You do realize once the game is activated on uPlay steam is not needed.

10. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Nice video, but too many sun flares for my taste. I got the point the first 10 seconds, I don't need to be blinded through the whole video.

I'm going to play it for sure, but once it's cheap, because the preorder price on Steam is just ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @Loophole35

well if you buy it on Steam then you will have to run both anyway..

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    uplay steam origin. too much launchers. i fine with origin and steam. but uplay is the contrary of it's name, should be NTPLAY!

13. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    SLI should work very well in watch dogs unless you run into a CPU bottleneck (which I assume can happen considering the lack of CPU improvement in recent years). The first trailer they showed at E3 2012 was apparently run on a computer with GTX 680 SLI, and nVidia has been updating the Watch Dogs SLI profile at least a couple of times already. It seems they added the profile already in September last year, so I think SLI is going to work very well from day one.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Looks amazing, day 1 buy for me, even though I hate uplay. The "we worked with Nvidia to ensure pc gamers get the best possible experience" crap is laughable. There's PC gamers out there running AMD gpus as well you silly narrator. Still, looking forward to it, love Chicago, great city.

15. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Well, could be worse, could be JJ Abrams level resulting your smartphone having the flare effect of a small sun going supernova.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Troll level over 9000.

I will buy every AMD gaming evolved title out there (provided I like the GAME of course), even though my last AMD/Ati card was a 9800 Pro. Why? It's all marketing on BOTH ends, you can play nvidia "powered" games just as fine on an AMD and the other way arround...

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You do not need steam running in the background I bought Anno 2070 and AC3 through steam and activated and linked to my uPlay account I can run them without steam open.

18. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Not realy its still console port DX9(xbox360/ps3) and made for Nvidia users plus steam/Uplay.

So no money from me, Ubisoft is even worse company then EA.

Your arguement about AMD get same results ingame is not even closely true game is developed with Nvidia in mind and exclusif featers like ambiant occlusion specially developed EXCLUSIVE for Nvidia that AMD user don't have plus performance improvement EXCLUSIVE for Nvidia.

Ubisoft even promote this in this video lol.

AMD users should boycot this.

Btw im also not fan of exclusive AMD games games should benefit both cards no matter what card you use.

But game developers are payed to favor eather Nvidia or AMD and thats STUPID plus bad for us consumers period.

I know this is already happen for many years as i can remember and result is ive a handfull games with Nvidia logo on it only because i refuse polute my HDD with nvidia:p

We only maybe get in near future DX11 games because console are now DX11 but this still take prolly another year at least before we see a 100% DX 11 game.

Some sources indeed say rise of PC but numbers of desktops sold say other wise.

I love when games come to PC but if its good port that actually is made with options and Mouse keyboard in mind thats still RARE.

But have fun with Watchdogs, i won't.

I rest my case.

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Look similar of the video we have allready seen presenting the "nvidia " features ( in reality only TXAA and HBAO+ are used )

This said, its cool, it look at least like a living space. could be a really excellent game, im just a bit more worry of the gameplay, well done could be excellent, or could end boring or not enough evolved ( hacking etc )... same for the action phase, if everything is well done again, it could end excellent, but a lot of things can go wrong ( movements, timing, fights ). This is offtly what is letting us down on open fields games.

Its marketing,i cant blame them for try to sell their stuffs, i think everyone who read or see this type of comments for games "developper" or brand are not really take too much attention to it.

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    On the fence with this, really want a new open world game (last awesome I played was sleeping dogs) but I'm really not a fan of ubisoft.

also we are a few weeks away from release yet we still haven't seen much in the way of real game play...