1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch Dogs Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah that and Watch_Dogs 1 are two of the most cited examples along with newer releases but it also goes back to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and also Far Cry 2 in 2009

[​IMG]

The XBox One and PS4 disparity is at least partially explained by if I'm not remembering it wrong a uncertainty for the hardware and overall power of these also compared to early development kits and the finalized hardware though that was for the first year and then this has continued into Wildlands, Rainbow Six Siege and other also often quoted examples though it's not just Ubisoft.

Bethesda at least among the bigger publishers might be one of the few doing more straightforward media releases at least for Elder Scrolls and Fallout to where the E3 videos can even garner reactions for why the game is looking worse than other showcased titles although there's been a few exceptions such as Oblivion splicing in clearly CG footage particularly for Uriel Septim and the Hero of Kvatch segments of the early reveal trailer.

Will be interesting to see what Ubisoft reveals for Watch_Dog Legion (Legion of playable NPC?) even if the visuals might be spruced up for presentation and the scene probably really scripted as long as it's not some short teaser or entirely cutscene material it could show part of how it plays and what it offers though later proper gameplay videos will fill in the rest. :D

Looking forward to it even as Ubisoft is shifting to GAAS with Watch_Dogs 2 as one of the last releases before the full shift to year or even multi-year support bit of a shame for patches for that game and continued content releases and updates but it also shifted gameplay focus and priorities so that will also be curious to see what Legion has on offer either now with E3 or later on with other videos, previews and this sort of thing plus the trend of some popular streamer and early access for promo purposes and what else has changed over the years ha ha.

2. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Looks interesting. Maybe the best one Ubisoft showed there.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The grandma part was golden, i want her solo game now. :eek:

JonasBeckman likes this.
  6. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    I loved the Granny stuff would be happy just playing as her.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I don't know what to think about this. First London... dark, cloudy, rainy and then playing as any character (or at least 18 as shown in the gameplay trailer), which I don't like either. If you can play as random character, they will never be able to build interesting story around it and no storyline character progression. I would rather play as one very well polished character with a lot of customization and good story...

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Unrelated to the thread but every time I read your username I have the Quake 3 Arena voice over go through my head saying haste, which is weird because I don't think he ever said haste.... or maybe there was a character called haste and that's why my brain says it in the Q3A voice over... I can't remember.. it's weird.. xD

ShadowDuke and XenthorX like this.
  9. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    If I remember correctly the Q3A announcer says "haste", "quad damage" or "invisibility" every time you pick up the power-up.

KissSh0t likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah that was something alright.

My granny what a big *gun* you have. :p Hah ha.
    Suppose there's someone I can use as a proper protagonist stand-in for this recruit anyone feature. Wonder what else they'll be showing of the game but the trailer here seemed OK after all.

XenthorX likes this.

11. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    That e3 demo looked like it was running two 2080ti's in sli with raytracing on. I just can't see this running on the X1 without serious performance issues. Downgrade time again.

12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    The granny reminds me of Helen Mirren in the movie Red considering they both have the same kind of job and both are little old ladies.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I didnt like it initially, but more they showed demo more i liked it. Feels like a mix of gta/saints row. Throw some dark british humour in there and it might work quite well. *Proper bellend*

Kolt likes this.
  14. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    The granny comes directly from Monty Python's Flying Circus sketch. :D

edit: maybe you can build up a gang of grannies...

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    those graphics...... are we still in 2013??? that e3 2013 watch dogs demo looks better than this... and we are in 2019!!!!

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Love the foggy setting, looks almost Cyberpunkish. This game is on my list. I'll prob try to play as the granny at all times lol.

Also there are infos about the MP part, apparently it features 4 player coop. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    No dogs at least for the base game seeing how everything is left up to DLC these days. :p

https://www.resetera.com/threads/watch-dogs-legion-does-not-have-any-dogs.122730/

Which linked to this:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/watch-dogs-legion-does-not-actually-have-any-dogs-e3-2019

The AI system of Watch_Dogs 2 did apply to animals but I suppose they could have included them and left the brain touching functionality out though Chi-Chi Wow-Wow (Yeah I can't spell to that breed name without Googling it.) the miniature hacker hot-dog would have been fun.

Maybe not Granny's home-loaded .50's type of fun but still. :D

EDIT: (*Google*) Chichiwawa

Hmm so that's the spelling for it. Not as complex as I was thinking then.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Yong played it already

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^yea saw that dunno what all he played tho to compare to it.

20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti