Watch Dogs: Legion: PC graphics performance benchmark analysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. yeeeeman

yeeeeman Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    we need something better than 3090 cause it barely breaks the 60 fps mark at 4k...

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Thanks HH! And cheers for including ultra quality!

4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think i'll wait for a patch or 2 to improve on the crashing issues. That's one that really tends to bug me.

pharma likes this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    No, the devs just need to get their act together and fix the game.

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And that's why this is not 4K generation as last 3 generations before.
    There are always going to be AAA games aiming maximum details at 1440p.

Per pixel fidelity is more important than pixel count. (Within reasonable balance.)

SpajdrEX likes this.
  7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    1440p, ultra settings and 60-75 fps with 2080Ti here, but game crashes sometimes.. lol

8. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Based on the benchmark video, I'm not sure it's worth the extra hassle of a better graphics card. The avatars were not fluid at all and reactions were herky jerky as well as movements. It's like they went all out on adding special effects like shadows and reflections and just layered it all on the same old game engine. Bleh, what a waste. This game requires better design not better graphics.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Look how better game looks with raytracing

[​IMG]

10. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    I'm kinda trying to see the difference. There are some extra reflections all right, but not life changing effects. For me only Control showed some good RT, the rest of the games with RT don't really mean too much, aside from the reflections.
    Also, I'm looking at DLSS and it brings so much blur in the back of the picture.
    Don't get me wrong, I have a 2080 super and ever since I bought it, I tried to enjoy RT, but it still looks to me more marketing then anything else. And when you weight in performance loss, it makes me turn it off.

11. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    My 3090 doesn't even reach 60 degrees playing this game at 1440p maxed settings, everything on / maxed except blur crap. The performance issues are from the game not the gpu. One thing that Watch Dogs is know for is the garbage ass performance, every of the 3 games has been like that. Weird controls and crappy engine/performance are their marketing ideas i guess.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Exactly this. The game is using far beyond what it should, it seems to have no optimization at all. It makes me think it's not even optimized for consoles very well.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  13. Digitalfarce

Digitalfarce Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ubisoft is the new king of flashy, empty soul open world games. There are some cool concepts in this game but it is marred by:

• Absolutely no optimization. It's taxing my overclocked RTX 3080 and I-10700K with 32GB RAM on a M.2 SSD. Every modern Ubisoft game is clunkfest
    • The dialogue sounds like it's written by a 14 year old who just discovered profanity. Two minutes in, the AI starts dropping F Bombs. Really?
    • For every cool, intriguing moment, there are 10 moments of "Hey random dude! I am part of a super cool hacking group called DeadSec! We will totally hack the government for you! High five!"
    • Buggy and not ready for release. Could have used another month of polish at least

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I don't believe you.

[​IMG]

Prince Valiant, geogan and schmidtbag like this.
  15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The next-gen consoles look to be using RT mainly for reflections and shadows, so, these 2 parts of RT may become the standard basic RT features going forward.

16. Kennithekid

Kennithekid Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080
    ***REMOVE THE SPOILERS FROM THE POST***

Please remove the plot spoilers from your post!

It reveals the entire plot of the game which should not be done in a benchmarking article. It was very disappointing to read and then realize most of the game was being spoiled before even having the chance to play it.

I've been reading Guru3d articles since the HD5870 days but felt the need to make an account to bring this to your attention. Please fix it.

17. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    WTF , kid ... on the internet you shuold not be protected ! What spoil ? BOMBS AI ? .... it';s just a game ... get over it ! if not stop whining

18. Kennithekid

Kennithekid Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Do you think it's unreasonable to want to read through a BENCHMARK article without that article literally posting the entire plot of a game you want to play? What do you think the point of a BENCHMARK article is?

I simply want to see how my GPU fares on a game i want to play, instead the entire plot of the game is posted in the "System Requirements" section.... I made this account to highlight the issue so others don't have to have the game unintentionally spoiled for them. I don't understand how that is hard to understand. I like Guru3D and Hilbert, but i'm not happy with the spoilers.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sorry but no, just no. It's not a spoiler, it's the storyline based on the public WIKI for the game. If you don't like that bit, don't read it?

Prince Valiant and schmidtbag like this.
  20. ZakiOwais

ZakiOwais Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1070
    Why did you guys leave out the gtx 1070?