1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hristi

Hristi Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB
    So hows the frame rate with a single 770?

2. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    I didnt broke anything, the xml is work in progress and im using sli in the game which can lead to game rendering issues. And it does have other improvements you must see them playing the game.

Look i dont care if you dont like it or you think its crap, i dont get paid for doing this and it does look way better, at day the game lacks dynamic lightning and there is working perfectly fine now, so deal with it.

3. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    yeah, i was getting 45 average but now i re installed the drivers ( 337.88 ) and i get like 55 or so average with single 770 ( pny has 1150 core ) , with some overclock it gets 60 or so.

Its not bad but with SLI i get like 100 average.

4. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Yes sorry about the online hacking, i have the Uplay game so i have it turned on, i just play with Uplay offline mode.

I will fix that next XML update.

About the E3 graphics, it could be a possibility that retail game has lot of things yet to be found at the engine. Keep in mind the game already have some cap in the engine with retail i already proved with this XML. So wouldnt be a surprise there is a lot more settings to be discovered.

Ubisoft should just explain to the people why they messed up the game like that ( personally i think they did this in propose because PS4 and Xbox One graphics , marketing issue ) .

5. Confidence-Man

Confidence-Man Member

GPU:
    GTX 780sc 3GB
    The time put into this is appreciated and some of the values definitely make a difference. I'm not sure about dynamic lighting though. It isn't changed from what I can tell; the screenshots just show different times of day and playing the game I haven't noticed any differences as far as that goes. I do like the increased bloom especially during rainy nights.

Reflections are a little weird. Buildings look like they're reflected into a sphere and just walking up a street makes them scroll side to side and will often not match up at all with what should be reflected.

IMO you should leave the gamma values at default and let users adjust that on their own with sweetfx or directly in the xml.

Are there settings in there somewhere that let you turn off the hacking lines that shoot out of your phone or the reticle that pops up when it's out?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Even if you turn off all the UI settings from the xml you will still see those lines so they're controlled by something else, also the pop-up notifications will still be visible and the blue waypoint on the road will still be there.
    (The crosshair has a tendency to come back as well, I keep it off for screenshots since all fired shots go at the center of the screen anyway so it's pretty easy to aim, having that LMG weapon unlocked helps too. :p )

7. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)

I wouldn't expect you to get paid by copy pasting DUNIA engine console commands with random values which were used by people in 2008 for Far cry 2.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/326383-Enable-use-of-FC2-devmode-console-commands?

A lot of the commands are excatly the same in your modified XML file.

I wouldn't be as harsh if you didn't claim that somehow altered XML config screenshots look better when clearly they are missing graphical features preset in retail release like lightning and shadows from lamp posts during night.

ESPECIALLY DYNAMIC SHADOWS FROM lamp posts on the streets <--- maybe I have use large letters so you can see it.

I hate placebo and liars and some people in their hate towards Ubisoft act like sheep so they will believe anything even without analyzing the images.

There were people that believed there's a difference by changing that one value called deferredFX to PC from console before and someone posted comparison with ZERO differences because it was placebo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know how street lamps work in your home town but in my city and also in chicago they light quite a LARGE area around them, cause you know they are there so you can see where you drive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Long time exposure photos will do that

9. Confidence-Man

Confidence-Man Member

GPU:
    GTX 780sc 3GB
    Yeah streetlamp lights are definitely broken with these settings.

10. arathad

arathad Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 (3,5 GB - lol)

That's not the point really, have you ever seen how bright it is around street lights at night?

There's that one streetlight just next to my building, it lits up area around 20 meters and its a goddamn single streetlight between buildings.

11. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Your photo is nice but thats a camera effect. I like how trolls wants attention somehow in threads like this.

The night is still in progress, and i didnt take settings from far cry 2 for your record, and are not random settings either. Ive modded Crysis 1 to the limit in the past as well, im not like you that likes to troll other peoples effort without even knowing how to turn on a light in a game engine.

Its fine you dont like it, thats why dont come back here, its pretty clear you think its crap.

For the rest i will post soon a video at night and heavy rain so you tell me what you think, with the updated XML.

12. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    They are not different parts of the game, the first screenshot i posted here was with the same savegame when it finished loading, so no. You have much better lighting in the XML config compared to retail. Im talking about first shot daylight i posted here, where one you see totally different lighting everywhere.

And that happens everywhere. I will post soon the updated XML and stay tuned for the night heavy rain video.

13. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    i have to said the street light has bug
    but using your xml and sweetfx to the game more beautiful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    not with sweetfx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Confidence-Man

Confidence-Man Member

GPU:
    GTX 780sc 3GB
    The comparison shots clearly show different times with the sun in different positions. The retail game has the same dynamic light in the daytime. Besides there is nothing I can see in the xml that has anything to do with dynamic lighting.

16. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Yeah, night needs tweaking, im uploading another video now with heavy rain so you can tell me what you think, its hard to get all things correctly when tweaking, daylight, sunset, dawn and night. Since lightning works different every time.

The gamma is just my taste, you can change that to 1.000 and will be normal value, same contrast and brightness.

I will upload video comparisions Ultra Retail vs the updated XML so you will see every difference in movement, this is for the trolls talking bs.

17. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    ^ What bull****?
    He showed You point to point lack of shadows and lighting from street lamps on objects, on day time You just added heavy amount of bloom which was used 10 years ago come on... mostly it's just adjusted gamma/contrast.
    I respect time and effort You put into this but lets face it, it's just not making tha game look better.

18. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi HD7950 Twin Frozr/3GB
    Guys... the concept of a large light radius emitting from a street lamp ought not be subject to debate or other sorts of misrepresentation of the notion. That's just silly.

If a guy really wanted to refute arathad, he might post up an XML that doesn't break the in-game lighting in the name of "real ultra graphics".

I think the XML provides a sometimes more natural feel than vanilla, which is of course appreciable, but not at the cost of broken shadows/light sources. I understand your version, kadzait24, of the XML is in "beta" but arathad and others have made some valid points that do give them some credence.

I look forward to further improvements, but at this time the title bestowed upon this XML has yet to be earned. Stay classy, take it in stride.

EDIT: oops, posted about 6 posts too late.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Yes it is in beta, but since the troll masters wants to mess up peoples effort with lies and lame photos using paint...

Lets do the same.

Here is the gamma change only. Both shots were taken with the SAME SAVEGAME, instantly when it finish loading, so it is the same freaking time of the day and condition.

Lets do the "paint troll master thing too"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, awesome, keep trying trolls.

I will post the new video soon, please for the people that just wants attention somehow, seek it elsewhere.

20. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Your mod actually make me reconsider in getting this game. Keep it up. I'm very much appreciated all your hard work and are looking forward to the improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.