Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kadzait24, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91 Member

GPU:
    GTX 760/2GB
    Holy ****, why do you people need to come here and **** this thread up?

I also use the xml, and its burning my PC down. You cannot ignore that explosions look better, that there are more particles (something I really appreciate) and stuff.

I mean, if there were no effect at all, why should the game run with much fewer fps then? Just because? That's stupid.

@OP, can I recognise somehow if I messed my game up? I mean, I used your first xml, then the second one. Is it now "broken"? I don't want to start over again :D

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Btw, it may be possible to discover names of XML file`s settings (names of nodes and attributes, named values) right in game`s binaries (exe-files, dll-files). Just open binary file in any hex-editor program and either browse entire body for a strings, or search for already known names and then look near for unknown ones.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  3. Norbz

Norbz New Member

GPU:
    670 GTX 2Gb
    I had to create an account just to answer this.

This mod is awesome, and really, you must be completely blind not to see any change.

edit : and I agree, best way to see it is to wait for hevy rain and look at the ground. Those splashes man, they are so neat now. And the road looks sharp, the puddle doesn't look blurry anymore...

I wanted to testify here because when I first tried it, there was no change at all, so I was like" WTF is this BS ?"

But there is a very important thing to do so it can work : make your GamerProfile XML file to be READ ONLY

Otherwise, it seems that the game just load average default settings, and I think that is why we see so many "comparison screenshots" with not HBAO.

Anyway, tried the XML V2 only, looking great but it's unplayble for me right now (around 12 FPS with some severe stuttering around 4-5 fps), even when switching to temporalsmaa (performance were even lower before actually).

So please keep up the good work, stop focusing on angry ppl that can read simple explanations, and post V3 please !

Kudos

4. Kellan

Kellan Member

GPU:
    SLi MSi GTX780 OC
    In my case, FPS are the same with the .XML modified (or maybe 3-5FPS less), only a bit lags sometimes but it's fully playable.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Maybe the concept of my request is escaping you. Maybe it's a language barrier but I am saying that there is a difference between your XML and ultra prebake. Reread my request I am at work and can't run the test myself.

Again I will say this from all the screens I'v seen you post the most notable difference is the gamma and contrast. Which most of us had doen since day one with this game.

I don't feel the burden of proof is on me your the one making the claims that you are vastly improving the game then posting videos as "proof" but when someone else post a YT video you discredit it saying it is compressed.

6. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Because He increased res values too much, and yes, that is stupid.

Kadzait instead of posting the same lame excuses for over 20 pages do honest video comparision Yourself if You are so paranoid.

7. Downtown

Downtown Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    No its not about resolution its all about lodscales what i post again to everyone know.

if anyone has huge FPS drop with kadzaits xml put back ULTRA settings values for LOD.

DetailDistanceScaleModifier="0.8" >> 1.0 (ultra)
    LodScale="0.7" >> 0.8 (ultra)
    KillLodScale="0.7" >> 0.8 (ultra)
    BuildingKillLodScale="0.8" >> same
    ClustersLodScale="0.8" >> 1.0 (ultra)
    RealTreesLodScale="0.9" >> 1.0 (ultra)

His values are more like add image quality but less for cost huge FPS and its LOD in distance sou you even really notice ..

8. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Kadzait - I think the main problem people are having with you is the lack of consistency in your information, and your comments.

Your first post on here is making substantial claims that just aren't showing.

You say that now we have to start a new game because the save game/ engine breaks your code.

You say direct comparisons between normal ultra and your file can't be done, so you won't do it, but it can be done, and people have done it and showed on here.

You say there's no point looking at footage on a youtube video, then you post your own footage on a youtube video and ask others to post a comparison video.

I could go on....

9. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    2 Way SLI PNY GTX 770 2GB
    Cool i will upload 3.0 late today , im working now.

About the other people , same people arguing and messing up the thread, i just wont reply anymore. Since the people that actually are interested in this XML mod, doesn't wants to read all that crap.

10. Downtown

Downtown Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB 1300/7800
    Some of my own pictures not rainy like everyonelse :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    I said i wont do a comparision shots or video since its lame and not possible when ToD changes a lot here in this game.

When i have the console i will do that no problem.

And i said you to make me a video like the last one, same everything going on and you deny. Why you deny? Its so simple, E3 location, raining and that's all.

Its the better way, but you deny. I wont reply to you anymore as i wont for the rest of the users that doesn't wants to let people read the thread.

12. Maximilian89

Maximilian89 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI Matrix Platinum
    Also I have created an account just to follow and respond, you're really doing a great job.
    I hope you continue to work on it, and know that you have my support for anything!
    Forget who say the contrary, there is much ignorance in the world (unfortunately) probably do not even know how to use your XML! Ho do all they can to discredit you! Know that you are finished on the front page of major newspapers of videogames here in Italy! So you're not crazy! You are appreciated for your work, believe me! I wish you a good job!
    Massimiliano
    PS
    Sorry for my English, I used Google translate!

13. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Thanks bro ! its cool to have a hobby that helps gaming .

And newspaper on Italy? lol . hilarious.

Anyway, this xml is spreaded everwhere in the world but some people says it doesn't do anything and that its so easy, i guess why they didn't do it then.

14. rubenmartin

rubenmartin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 @1320mhz
    where is XML 3.0? Not Posted Yet?

15. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Classic. I'm actually trying to provide constructive criticism, and you're just throwing your toys out of the pram.

What would be the point in me making a video, if you think there is no point in comparing any videos or any screenshots?

You're talking in circles and completely contradicting yourself my friend.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    @Downtown Please resize those pictures or thumbnail them.

17. Norbz

Norbz New Member

GPU:
    670 GTX 2Gb
    Tried that but it's not changing at all for me. 12FPS all the way. Well, even OCed, my 670GTX isn't enough anymore ?

18. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Because you can do it by just not using any XML and with a new savegame and if the game is exactly the same as that video, you will prove it doesn't do anything. And has nothing to do with only graphics, there is more stuff going on that you wont see.

So its not for just a "comparision" that honestly at this point is not needed at all. Thousands of people knows it does change.

Only a few of you are still arguing, that makes it lame.

Like i said, keep arguing if that's what you love to do. Thousands of people are thinking the opposite.

I will upload 3.0 late in the day.

19. kadzait24

kadzait24 Banned

GPU:
    Late in the day!

20. berkos

berkos Master Guru

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    yup, biggest load of crap i've seen on this forum for a while and most of it came from you my friend. this thread is like reading some crazy thread on XDA with pompous name and no facts to support it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.