Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Yeah, benchmarks would be really great to have in every game. Even better : actually available before the game ships but I understand this could scare away some buyers. Still believe keeping people in the dark is not a good solution.
    Just look at Watch Dogs : disappointments after disappointments.

Anyway, still no news about a patch. Ubisoft sure are not in a hurry to fix the stuttering. :(

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    my stuttering got alleviated to a good degree after going 4690k @4.9ghz (even at 4.7-4.8 it was noticeable), it plays a good bit better now.
    I've probably said.
    some games all you can do is throw latest hardware at it.
    I done same with batman ac.
    not using wd optimized quadro drivers neither.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    As good as Watch Dogs looks I think it shouldn't take that much to run it at 60fps, let alone max it out at 60fps.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Has there been any news about a patch?

Has Ubisoft said anything the last week??

5. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    There was a post on the Ubi forum a few days ago.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-new-patch?p=10127218&viewfull=1#post10127218

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    at times in-game for me(all ultra without aa /dof /blur) it's clearly the best looking game I ever sat eyes on.
    if I were trying to convince someone fast of the graphics i'd say blaze through the city at night time, however there's certain times in the day even, especially around the water when it looks top drawer indeed.
    I never run the game with a screenie button but i'll enable it sometime to try show you exactly what i'm on about.
    a lil example: when something is on fire and pummelling smoke into the air the smoke is huge and reaches right into sky at times catching all the ambient light.
    NVidia flameworks had a lil trial in this game imo, at least the alpha version flameworks and I've felt tthis since I first seen them.

7. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Your opinion is as valid as mine. I can't genuinely be impressed and I've played the game at maximum settings on a beefier PC than mine. It looks cross-gen through and through with low quality assets across the board. It's readily apparent that it has been constrained by the necessity of developping for the old consoles.
    Shame.

Nvidia would have confirmed it if the Flameworks module was used. Explosions in the game aren't impressive at all imo.

To my eyes Watch Dogs looks "good" but not a next-gen tour de force by any stretch of the word.
    Assassin's Creed Unity is much more convincing in the graphics department and this is has everything to do with being developped for Xbox One/PS4 as a baseline.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Watch_Dogs has it's moments when it looks good, but even then it's not doing anything that other games haven't done better.

While I'm not a fan of the games (as I find them boring after a while) Grand Theft Auto 5 looks much better, move alive, more varied... and that was the PS3 version.

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Patch just released; text from Nik CtOS of Ubi forums:

Hi all,

Recently, we optimized some of the performance issues that were causing some users to experience high amounts of stuttering while playing Watch_Dogs. Instances of stuttering during gameplay should now be reduced, especially when using “High Textures”; however, some players might still experience some stuttering while playing with “Ultra Textures” settings on.

We’ll keep updating you as more fixes for stuttering are currently being worked on.

If you still experience stuttering after the optimization, please let us know in this thread.

Here is a list of other fixes:
    • Several fixes to improve NAT type error messages.
    • Fix for PCs with multiple network interfaces.
    • Fixed an issue at the Poker Table in which the button appeared corrupted after being pulled from the surveillance camera when Aiden is dealing the cards.
    • Fixed weapon wheel issue that prevent shotgun selection with mouse.
    • Fixed title crashes on loading screen, while Aiden selects to restart last autosave, after previously interacting with the slot machine from Mad Mile.

Thanks,
    Nik

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So does the patch work as intended?

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Stuttering seems to be diminished (I stress diminished, it's still noticeable) but the SLI usage is totally buggered.

One card at ~75% usage and the other two at ~30% usage.

I've basically given up on this game now, months later and it's not even close to fixed.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gonna remain unpatched, i'm expecting even more smoothness now i'm on wd optimized drivers (like the ol quadros were).

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Oh FFS.. I'm not even bothering.. Everything they do is half way done.

14. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I was experiencing pretty bad stuttering in places but this patch has dramatically improved things.
    The stuttering is now barely noticeable with textures on high (my 770 only has a 2GB frame buffer).

Pretty happy. I wonder how much VRAM does the game use right now.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nice wd cpu benchy, incase none have seen it.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I can vouch for the validity of that bench those are the same numbers I'm getting with my 2500k/780 rig. The game needs a fast CPU. Just wish they could improve the texture streaming.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it's very similar also to the results -Tj- and me are seeing between our chips in minimum frames using the batman benchy.
    our ram and timings are very alike too.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    The game runs rather smooth for me with a GTX580.

Tho's numbers are pretty accurate, i'm close to what the i5 4460 is getting.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    with the new whql drivers and the 760 you could have ultra textures, yup.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I just tested the game on maxed out 1920x1200 settings (Ultra quality, Ultra textures/HBAO+ High, 4xTXAA, etc) and the game now runs much better than it did before this new patch. There's still some minor stuttering from time to time but it is a lot less noticeable. I suspect that if I lower the AA to SMAA that even those stutters may be reduced further.

Shame the game looks so bland during the day though without the mods. I hope TheWorse updates his v1.0 mod so I can use it again.