Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Intrusions and CT_Os Mobile challenge are the 2 things that doubled my gaming time on Watch Dogs.

But the story telling of W_D was cheap and highly disappointing imo: Always on that sad/pathetic register with boring music making it worse.

They should have engaged Bioware for the story telling lol, or at least read "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" to put out some solid material.

But right now, i'm definetly done with this game, if Solo campaign with T-Bone was out and done, i would have already uninstall it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah... don't see an EA owned studio helping an Ubisoft one with story. ;)
    And besides, personally, BioWare's "story telling" is horribly overrated.

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Ubisoft just announced only 12% of all Watchdogs sales were on PC.

Tbh, with those low numbers having PC as their 'leading development platform' would be stupid. They were developing for nextGen.

4. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Maybe the tech was built on PC. The actual game design was tailored made for consoles.

5. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yup. Which means having a pc with more powerful tech to make a game running smoothly in more than 1080p is a waste a money. Everything is optimized for 1080p 50Hz. :wanker:

6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    12% isn't that bad is it ? Considering it was released on 5 different platforms.
    Didn't the PC version of Titanfall account for about 1-2% of total sales and CoD games are always about 1%.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Yeah, 12% sales for a game released on four other console formats is actually pretty good for the PC in my opinion and it was reported earlier by Ubisoft that the game had shiipped (not sold!) 8 million copies.

8. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Thankfully that's not the case. The game itself will be the same in any multiplatform versions but higher resolutions and framerate can make a game play better.

The PS4 version sold 2/3 times as much as the PC sku though, that's gotta count for something in the eyes of Ubisoft.

Honestly I would not be surprised if Ubisoft drops the PC in the near future.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    And they probably still use only retail sales data and not digital at all. Which accounts for the vast majority of pc sales is digital. PC sales always look like garbage if they only going to count retailer sales data.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Add in that STEAM doesn't release sales numbers.

11. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Digital sales are counted. It's clear as day why the PC platform is the least of Ubisoft's priorities.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852745

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    They can figure out how many unique uplay accounts play Watch_Dogs even on steam correct?

13. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    has there been any more patches since the first one we got?

14. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Nothing but the second patch is still incoming apparently.

15. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    thanks Kez
    when i tested the first patch it was with highly borked rig so i didnt get a chance to test really.
    however if i can i'll try re-Download and skip patching as i had it nice before.
    probably be back end of week i got my new parts from amazon due to their good return policy i've experienced.

16. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Can't force myself to finish the story for some reason. Game becomes boring after a while.

17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The game's still fun for me. Just wish the fps wouldn't plummet while driving.

18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Anyone know if forcing tessellation on a Radeon makes the game look better? Not sure if I see any difference on the video card in my specs. I'll keep trying and maybe take some screenshots or something to help me tell. And same question for Nvidia users too.

And a note about screenshots:

Say you want a screenshot without Aiden in the picture. You can do so in normal camera without using a cheat trainer. Just have Aiden face a tall object that's as high or higher than him like a wall, sign, or even a tree trunk. Then swing the mouse left or right until Aiden goes off the screen. It's for a limited area of rotation but you can adjust Aiden's position and re-swing the mouse to get the screenshot you need.

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    These idiots still didn't fix this hot bag of piss? *smh*

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Don't compare it to a bag of piss.. seriously.. it's disrespectful to the bag of piss.

I can think of some fun things to do with a bag of piss..