Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    I notice maybe a little too much repetition of objects throughout the city for example the door handles and trash cans. And same for wood siding textures on houses. I know this is common in open world games because I'm guessing it helps performance. If it saves time for production maybe. But I'd think it's for playability.

Would be great to see a variety of such objects to give more of a unique feel to different neighborhoods. But then I'm not so sure we could play it on our rigs. If I'm wrong about the previous statement I can handle any criticism I think. But it does get a bit tiring to see the repetition of those kinds of items and textures in this game and games over the years and decades.

2. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I don't think it has anything to do with performance as you suggest. It would increase the number of draw calls but not to unreasonable extends.

The likely reason is simply because creating unique assets is very costly so they tend to repeat them a lot. It's then up to artists and level designers to collaborate so it does not come across as too flagrant.

3. Grestorn

Grestorn Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 680 / 4 GB
    On my i940 @ 3.7GHz (which has 4 cores), the game is highly susceptible to any program running in the background. That includes Steam (if the Steam window is open).

I make sure that I do a fresh logon before playing the game and I also close all TrayIcons (background programs) I don't need.

Using the SysInternals tool "autoruns" or MS' own "msconfig.exe' or the task manager in Windows 8, you can disable autostart programs, weed out anything that's not really necessary. I think that would actually help a lot of people.

I don't think that the problem is really the power of the CPU. I have the feeling that the game is just very sensible against fluctuating CPU resources and cache failures due to too many active programs in the system.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    How do you find gang hideouts?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    In your case its 6gb ram, if you had 12gb you could leave all that open in background.
    The game was originally designed with 6gb min limit, but then they lowered it to 4gb, I think that's why it can use more pagefile..

6. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    How far out are we from having every building in an open world game enterable? I am talking on terms of city games like this not sporadic towns like Skyrim.

Why is Aiden brilliant enough to hack the city yet is just the right amount of dumb to only be able to enter doors, face first, that are on a permanent swivel.

Can't developers code it so that the game begins as a blank canvas with certain buildings, specific to the story, being pre-created. As the game is played and you enter an un-explored building, random assets are applied to said building, with bits of loot, then the game saves that generated data so it will appear the same if you go back. This is my non-coding interpretation of how I see it being done, which could be completely dumb.

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    According to Ubisoft 1/4 of the buildings in Assassins Creed Unity will be enterable.

8. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Finished the game last night. Although the last 4 missions i had to struggle with the stutter fest that the patch brought. And it ran so fine before the patch. Nevertheless, it's a good game. Maybe will replay it later down the line when the performance will be fixed. Until then...uninstall...

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Not sure if there's any other way than randomly profiling people and having it indicate they know where a gang are or the icon randomly showing on the map.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Gratz for your patience. I played half of Act 1, gave up and uninstalled.

11. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Just a question about difficulty///

What do the harder difficulties change? is it just amount of damage received when shot?

I'm playing on whatever the game sets it as when you start.. Just curious what is changed if I change the difficulty.

13. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    ^ Yes. But even on easy , you drop pretty quick as cops are so OP

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Any easy way to get Maldo texture V3 or is it by extracting it from theWorse v8 ?

15. Plissken

Plissken Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Right now it's the only way, as he didn't offer v3 as a separate pack yet.

16. Gian_om

Gian_om Member

GPU:
    gtx 560 Ti 2Gb
    true.

17. NotBartSimpson

NotBartSimpson Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 670M 3 GB
    If I play on medium textures and everything else to high (except ambient occlusion either low or off depending on my mood), temporal smaa & 1600 x 900 I get no stuttering and the game still looks really nice. I lock my FPS to 23 and it's surprisingly fluent. I love the hacking aspect more than I thought I would. It's a really fun game.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay I give up on playing the phucking game!!!!!!! My 780/2500k system can't play it at console settings (1600x900, high textures , fxaa and high preset) without inducing a seizure. That is unacceptable. I'm chalking this up at as a loss and checking Google for Watch_Dogs PC class action lawsuit.

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm kind of in the same boat.. I haven't touched the game in a while now. Besides the bad optimization the game itself is kind of boring, and the mouse movements and movements in general just feel awful.

20. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Pretty lame when the main missions are the same thing as the side activities, though this is common for most open world games. It'd be nice if the main missions were more elaborate with new things to do.