Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    so is goldie but hey ho :)

2. Sub

Sub Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
    Ahhhh BURN.:)

3. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    hehe

4. nicolaj

nicolaj Member

GPU:
    Is there a list of the different mods available, i've seen quite a few mentioned, but with the size of this thread they're impossible to find and keep track of.
    I'm trying to figure out which one to use, so far i've gone with theworse's mod.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Here you go:

https://mega.co.nz/#!L0gg3JBa!VCLVSOWfM61o1rAFHY9V_kqA9Cav2GpHJOaYA3eUY4Q

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. WeSbO

WeSbO Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    Thanks Grimbarian but that is a football matchin the link :) lol.
    And still haven't been able to find one (which is pretty amazing lol)

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
  8. WeSbO

WeSbO Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    Many thanks Grimbarian

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

If any of this is true.. I've seriously lost hope for Ubisoft games and really feel sad in general for the state of PC gaming. The biggest game for me from E3 is the Rainbow Six one.. but I don't think I can really expect much anymore and now only have mild interest in it. It's really aggravating to be given console-quality BS when my PC can run games with so much more graphics and effects. I'm curious as to what nVidia/ATI will do to fight back, seeing as how it's kind of pointless to get the latest and greatest video cards when all of our games are being held back graphically due to ****ty companies like Ubisoft enforcing console-parity.

I really hope that "insider" is false and that article is BS.. but with Ubisoft's track record, the recent Watch_Dogs fiasco, and a similar E3 false advertising trend.. I tend to believe it. I really hope a hammer gets put down that outlaws this false advertising. In any other revenue (food as a big example), this form of shady marketing would end with huge lawsuits won against said companies.

10. Joe Pae

Joe Pae Member

GPU:
    R9 270x 2gb
    iraq has more class than aiden :p
    its more an type of "mod" that i prefer

[​IMG]

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It still amazes me how most ppl consider WD a 'fiasco' or 'downgraded big time'. There's only 1 thing about WD and that is the arcadish driving, everything else looks gorgeous and plays fine.

Next time maybe just don't buy the f**kin game ?

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^This took a bit too long for me to make sense of..

Iraq?
    [​IMG]

Aiden
    [​IMG]

13. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    People are entitled to their opinion. I think it's a quality game but the visuals are underwhelming after what has been showcased in promotional trailers.
    The downgrade is real in my opinion but it does not deter my enjoyment that much.

14. jerem87

jerem87 Member

GPU:
    GTX860M 2go gddr5
  15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's a matter of false advertisement and console parity. Honestly, I think the graphics are more than fine and immersive. That's not the issue. You might think it makes no sense, but imagine if you were to go out to a local store and buy product X and instead got product Y. It's upsetting.. so much so that there are regulations and laws against that, except for in the gaming industry it seems.

I'm frustrated that it is very possible that Ubisoft is purposely downgrading their games to keep PC and Console quality the same. I honestly don't see how you can go about and just say "Don't buy the f**kin game", and call yourself a PC gamer. It's more than just a single game not to buy.. it's a constant issue with PC games that only seems to be getting worse. Are you actually satisfied with how PC games/gamers are being handled by the big name companies?

16. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    The quality is definitely not the same. Watch Dogs on PC has (compared to the 900p/30fps PS4 version) better LOD, water, AO, AF, shadows and textures in places.

Ubisoft could have gone even further had they allocated more ressources to the PC version but as it stands the PC version commands an indisputable graphical advantage over any other sku.

Let's not forget that.

17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

7 Watch Dogs threads now. I always get all excited thinking there is new stuff to read, then I realize it's all WD. FML

18. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    First world problems. :D

Worry not though when dust will have settled Watch Dogs will be but a memory.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    The fact they say Watch and Dogs in the title should give you a small hint it's not of interest to you, just saying...

20. ironsoldier

ironsoldier Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 780GTX 3GB
    I agree! Has the games graphics been downgraded heavily? YES. I am still having loads of fun with game though. Right now I'm sitting at 90% completion. I hardly ever play a game this much to where I want to unlock everything, and complete every side mission. Plus if you are using one of the MODS or SweetFX, the game looks even better.