Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

It will show similar min fps for example @ 1080p when gpu isn't a problem

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i have to say i am somewhat impressed with this game, there was one mission were you have a time limit to reach a certain point with a car, and from the behind the wheel view, and the roaring engine of the car, and the music, it was like a scene from the Steve McQueen movie, very atmospheric to say the least, and i am loving the weather effects, these are very impressive to say the least.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is there a way to stop objects glowing/shining?

Like... you are driving over a bridge and THE WHOLE BRIDGE SHINES LIKE HEY HEY HEY LOOK AT ME YOU CAN RAISE ME IF YOU PRESS Q....

Is there a way to turn that off? I looked in the settings but cannot find anything.

4. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    I have what may sound like a stupid question... What was the point of ubi putting a 24 & 25 hz refresh rate in the game ?
    It does look really nice and smooth on a Full HD tv (when using the 100hz tv option "soap opera mode" as I call it) but of course that creates input lag (like on a 24p movie)

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    PC - Frame rate stutter on high end GPU

Game stutters on ultra textures and other lower settings on certain hardware.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...690-unplayable

[Status] We have identified the factors that are creating this particular issue and are currently working on a fix. We’ll keep you updated when we know more on when we’ll be able to release it.

Ok they updated this thing. Anyone believes them ? :) haha
    Working on a fix, and identified the issue, lol....
    What are the factors, the game...and the game ?:infinity:

Maybe i will play the game, till winter ?

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Your link is not working for me/

Ubisoft forums
    Error 404: File not found

XID: 716201175

7. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I read somewhere that a test patch was deployed on steam yesterday (not accessible for us regular users). If someone knows how to access steamdb it's there.

Also read that a Ubi Forum official said a patch would be deployed this week.

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Thx

tried v-sync totally off ; ingame off with nvcpl adaptive ; 1/2 frame ; caped to 60Mhz (simply on) and this last setting seems to give the best results so far. regular uiltra preset or kadzait24 v3.0 (seemingly less Vram eating then previous versions)

So thats a good thing here carfax thx

@ -TJ- will try win7 compatibility too

10. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I fixed the stuttering by lowering the shadowmapsize to 2048, or you could use 2560. Also if you guys use the cascade shadow maps instead of the normal shadows you get better quality, and you can blur it with the bilateralblur. Well this if you modify the xml settings or I can make one myself if anyone needs it.

11. M3TALG3AR3X

M3TALG3AR3X Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Xtreme
    Yes please, if you can, make a xml with your shadows configuration.

12. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    This is vSync in game, 1 frame otherwise it locks to 30-60 all the time.
    GPU-max buffered frames also set to 1 in-game to reduce input lag.

13. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Thanks for the info! and good job with bloom. I will take a look if it's possible to find a middle point between vanilla and modded bloom (too much exposure for me).

Yesterday I spent a while messing with parallax. There is the boolean var in decal propierties that could be added in roads materials. But I think the game wants the height map texture that is not there. Maybe a greyscale map using name_material_H.xbt or something like that can do the trick.

There is a lot of margin in this game to improve the performance too. Something is wrong in the way the engine mess with the mipmaps.

14. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Started this last night... I wish Chicago had a damn island with trees and mountains right off the lakefront LOL... I'd fish there all the time!!!

You guys should go to the tables around the Bean where people are sitting and just run into them... the NPCs do the most hilarious sh*t when you bother them.

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    So it seems Ubisoft put in their own cheat engine in the game...

This is in defaultgameconfig.xml

Switch to 1.. Repack.. Enjoy "totally pwning" people in PVP

Idiots.. No wonder PVP is packed with these people.

16. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah and of course Ubi has absolutely no Cheat Protection of any kind. I have stayed totally offline with this not only because it doesn't interest me that much anyway but more the fact that peoples profiles are being completely corrupted by going online.
    I wish Uplay tracked my hours like Steam but I have finished the Story and have 77% completion and just some Fixer and Convoy missions left to and I guess some of the mini games. I tried to stretch as long as I could but regardless I'm not gonna risk losing it all either

17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yup. Same.. After my second corrupt save in just as many days I put Uplay in offline mode and disabled invasions in game. I have no faith in their netcode right now. Nearly two weeks now and no corrupt saves anymore.. Amazing how that works.

18. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    pff !! how disapointing.
    You know what ? Never went online yet... I own the game since day one.

meh

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Completely different on the PS4 version, mainly because people have no idea they have been invaded half the time.

20. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT