Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    So what do you guys think about the install size? 14 GB is a far cry away from 25 GB.. What else is missing?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    All open world games suffer from this, there will always be stuttering and hitching, its the nature of the game, i.e lots of stuff going on but none of it is predetermined.

Im getting annoyed by people complaining about it not looking good etc. etc. well PC master race WTF else is out there that is open world and looks good and plays good? GTA IV = is a crappy game, Just Cause 2 = will admin, brilliant game, Prototype 2=not really a good looking game.
    This looks great, it doesnt look as uber as the 2012 showing but it still looks and performs really well.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nobody said anyone lied about Wolf. The few criticizing that game from a technical standpoint were saying that it's a poor release because it has no multi gpu support, no 120hz support and it has a silly frame rate cap and crap performance.

Watch Dogs looks ok imo, runs around 35-50fps for me, but funny thing is, even at 35 it looks very smooth, for some reason. Much smoother than say Wolf at 50 fps. The atmosphere seems to be really good, Chicago seems alive, the main character seems charismatic and the game has been really fun so far.

EDIT: anyone got Crossfire working properly? My gpu usage with Crossfire enabled is meh, while the frame rates are low-ish. I guess it's time for a new driver.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Works like a turd for me :(
    Max fps I've seen was 45 with ALL Low (Except textures, which are on ultra)

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Not complaining, though.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    It's probably drivers. This is an NVidia sponsored game, so it will probably take AMD a while to release optimized drivers, and probably a few patches from Ubisoft before performance gets up to snuff..

Also, try disabling V-sync if you have it turned on. I've heard there are some problems with the in game version. If you want V-sync, force it on in your driver control panel or with Radeon Pro or something..

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Vsync on or off in game or drivers made no difference, sadly.
    I hope it's the drivers.
    I have the game Pre-ordered and I DON'T want to cancel it...

8. Smeg77

Smeg77 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 4Gb
    The full install is 21.9Gb, Ubisoft were kind enough to send me out my copy early, there was also an additional 14mb update that came after install.

There's possibly a few extra files sitting in C somewhere but the main install dir is 21.9Gb as just checked as people were asking.

Oh and it comes on 3 dvd's and took about 30-40mins to install in total.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    What a surprise. You jump to the ready to trash Wolf. That wasn't expected... eek.

Sorry, but it was the most obvious thing to see coming was that you'd trash Wolf simply because it doesn't support features you see as key, but are minority things.
    And, sorry, but when Wolf runs at a constant 60 FPS for me and is silky smooth... I simply can't take your opinion on this matter seriously as it just comes across as a way to rip on Wolf.

But, a friend gave me a key for Watch_Dogs... he had already bought the game, and got a key for buying a new Nvidia GPU.
    So... while excitement for the game is basically... none. I'll still give it a go.

10. Aztek87

Aztek87 Active Member

GPU:
    NV Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
    Nvidia users enable TXAA and then turn it off and you will see TXAA comes with some extra effects, specially raining at night but you can see it during the day too.

It comes really close to what we saw in 2012, now it doesnt seem like such a ripoff, at least for us Nvidia users.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    You're the first person I've come across that stated the install size was not 14 GB.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I'll be sure to test it out when I get my copy.

One other thing that's worth checking out for those that have the game, is the DeferredFXQuality setting. Apparently setting it to PC instead of console, AND setting the resolution to your native output (because apparently it's set to 720p by default) makes a big jump in visual fidelity.

13. Aztek87

Aztek87 Active Member

GPU:
    NV Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
    As far as I know 14GB, is the install size of the skidrow torrent everyone is downloading. Retail copies are 22GB or more.

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well thanks to this thread I'm gonna start the game out at high textures, all else on ultra. with txaa 4x and see what that gives me.

15. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Could the size difference be extra language files (non-English)?
    Why would the leakers rip useful data out of the game before leaking it.

ALSO: I just logged into Guru3D for the first time in a long time and got this error.
    http://i.imgur.com/ldbwrnt.png
    -- lol...

16. Aztek87

Aztek87 Active Member

GPU:
    NV Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
    Also dont forget HBAO+high.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    nvm, f it.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Holy **** .. haha .. second thread!?

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I'm not going to bother to pirate this as I've preordered it anyway and will play Wolfenstein (awesome game!) until it releases on 27.

BUT, sorry if it was already said... does SLI work, and how's the performance, does it eat up much vram at say, 1080p, especially 1440p?

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Game is total crap, sucks 2gb vram with high textures and it starts to stutter very bad. People with 2gb vram needs to play with textures on medium. Also, some effects on medium because it rips the performance in half.

Its a game for sli/cross dudes, not single cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.