Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah it's the Uplay only version which I'm fine with. Better than two DRMs. Also I don't think I can use GameSeek being in the U.S.

2. thatgamer

thatgamer New Member

GPU:
    HD
    If it is possible can someone answer my question. Will an i7 has an advantage over i5 by a big fps difference playing this game. Non-overclocked Cpus.

3. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    For those with problems with triple buffer try activating borderless windowed and then fullscreen again (1 frame and 3 for gpu)...then I managed to get a working triple buffer...may work for you too...

4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Yes, but companies like nvidia or AMD, make their big cash money from mainstream hardware customers/people, not from guys who buy high-end stuff. So that being said, the majority has to dictate how the game is gonna launch, not the big guys because they can still play it no matter what.

They didnt took into perspective when they made/ported this game into PC, and if they just read an audit/log of the nvidia/amd customers, many people still use 2gb cards.

To make myself clear, i know my rig is starting to get old very fast, to be exact my GPU (since Intel doesn't have a real competition on CPU market, they dont release powerful CPU's every year, aka. my 3770k is still very good).

so i knew from the start that WD will put my GPU on the knees, i DON'T talk here about performance since i get pretty decent performance in the game, i complain about that massive vram usage, with no purpose.

Last edited: May 25, 2014

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    That sounds pretty bad. Didn't they say "high" on PC was what consoles would end up with?
    So basically if you're on PC, and have to step down from high, you'd end up with less image quality than a 500$ console? Can't be serious!

6. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    As someone who's now played this game on ULTRA settings for the past day and a half, I can confirm that this is pure hogwash.

LOL @ claiming only a Titan can run it well, when there are more powerful cards available.

To me this sounds like they're just trying to save face for how poorly optimized it is at the moment.

This game has great looking textures in SOME areas, but many other areas are just barely acceptable in that department. Something is wrong and it needs a patch.

I refuse to believe Ubisofts nonsense because my real world tests are proving otherwise.

Edit: I'm playing at 2720x1700 ultra textures, along with MSAAx2 and I am NOT exceeding my VRAM limits of 3GB.

I've had to disable CFX, so I'm only getting around 25 fps at the moment, but take into consideration there is no crossfire/official driver profile available yet, and it's likely they will put out a day one optimization patch. So I expect performance to increase rather considerably by next week.

7. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Is he using MSAA? That would probably explain it.
    2 GB cards are struggling with Ultra, and High in some cases. My 3 GB card can't handle 1080p Ultra with FXAA.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    not if you been keeping up with the trend.

9. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    I generally prefer to completely max out my games and lock the frame to 30 fps. Because I perfer eye candy, and 30 fps is fine for a game like this anyway, imo.

At 1080p with only FXAA, a 280x should more than enough for that. As I said, I'm running all settings ultra, with MSAAx2 on an HD 7970GHz and I am getting around 25 fps, not the 30 I'd like, but it's pretty obvious this game has some pretty serious issues with performance across a wide range of cards, so I'd say wait until they address that (if they ever do) before you think your card can't handle it.

10. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Wait for release day, check for any official patches, look at benchmarks and see for yourself.
    Community opinion is all over the place. Anything at this point is just guessing.

11. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    We need to wait for the actual benchmarks, but if I had to judge now (from YT gameplays),AVG fps is very good on i5, but there are occasional slowdowns to 40 fps during car driving (and I have seen YT videos with the same slowdowns on i7 CPU's)

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    nevermind.

13. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    yeah, talk about planned obsolescence, right ?

that's why nvidia is always so petty when it comes to memory, every release they try to give the less possible. So, if your gpu won't become useless because of power, the memory will bite your ass. At least in this aspect, amd tends to be more "generous"

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

He says there, only regarding vram issues, not the cards performance, titan has 6gb, the rest of the cards have 2gb, and only a small amount of cards have 3gb.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

Borderless mode seem to be the fix for issues. Lest when i switched that due to the game bugging out in fullscreen and me liking to tab out, i started pushing the settings back up one after another and suprise its running perfectly great.

So yea the idea you need 4 gig or video ram is complete b.s. granted i am running at 1080.

And was doing the prison break out mission last night or trying to lots of cops lots of shooting lots of explosion lots of car chasing all smooth.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Anyone run this game with 1gb vram? :D

I'm sure i won't even run it with high textures, i might look for a better videocard next week if my budget allows it.

750 Ti seems a downgrade, i did some research and it seems much slower but it does have more vram.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    760 4gb, leave your vram worries at the door.

18. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Even a 3gb has to be enough I see mine @2.7gig (1080p ,ultra,temporal smaa)

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So have people who bought from GMG started getting their product codes yet cause I order 3 days ago and still haven't got anything beyond a confirmation that I bought the game.

20. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    so, even people with frickin titans are having problems with stuttering and not able to use ultra textures.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.