Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheers for the info guys, very good to know.

Never been a huge fan of the top setting for textures, tends to kill performance and is only noticeable if your playing a FPS and wall hugging.
    It does depend on the game though.

lmimmfn is your CPU really running it that well on such a low clock speed, just that by default my board auto overclocks this CPU to around 4.5ghz.
    Either way i suppose the consoles are not much lower and i'm assuming you have HT enabled.

Also saw this...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CryZENx

CryZENx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    does anyone know how to turn off Mouse accel in watch dogs? so annyoing when aiming... CAN'T aim probably :puke2:

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Or maybe those with hitching are lacking system ram, I see all that have issues are using 8gb, ie lmimmfn is using 9gb.

I remember GTA4 was a mess with 2gb ram (had to use low/ or medium textures), bought 250gts 1gb and still same old bs, it stopped when I got 4gb ram (high textures), still some hitching but no abnormal fps drops, with 8gb it ran really smooth.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Well. We'll see what a day one patch does (if there is one). Walking around, doing missions on foot is fun and enjoyable.. Driving isn't. I'll stick with medium textures for now. It's a fun game and power wise it isn't very demanding, but the stuttering needs some serious addressing.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Maybe try this large pages trick?
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=389072

It did wonders here in The Secret world, i wasn't running out of vram was ~ 1.3gb max and still it stream stuttered like crazy (only running around), even on SSD.

After I used this trick it basically stopped completely, only a slight jitter here and there, was like a completely new game.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Oops, i lied sorry( honestly didnt realise this ), i had some hangs recently and the mobo reset my clocks but erm it seems to have put them back again( just checked CPUZ ), sorry im running at 3.6Ghz, still though from everything i read and running the nvidia can you run it thing it was saying High would be the best setting for me.
    HT is on.
    I really just wanted to let those of us with old CPU's panicing that theres nothing to worry about whatsoever.

7. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not a lie if you didn't realise :)

Just seemed a little low that's all.
    CPU wise, from people i'm speaking to it seems like CPU age isn't a huge issue but a lack of HT could be, bit i appreciate that as us who invested a little extra are well overdue games that can take advantage.

8. Scouty

Scouty Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 OC WiNDFORCE 3X
    idk why i get low 1644 score.. anyway I overclocked my i7 to 4.3 GHz.. now its ok.

all ultra but Textures on HIGH ... plus a tweaked GamerProfile.xml... beautiful image

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    ..quite the opposite...

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That was more of a tongue in cheek comment, meant to highlight the fact everyone is playing an unreleased version of the game and there are a surprising few amount of complaints.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    haha true. i launched Deus Ex 2 recently( hadnt done it since i had my old 6970's in crossfire ) and was amazed it was running at 60+FPS on my 3 screens @ 5040x1050 and crysis 3 was looking uber, erm i think it was the CPU overclock coupled with the 780Ti vs 6970x2

Yeah, like you say its nice to see the PC CPU stretched for once. I kept getting stop/start issues in high speed chases, moved to the SSD and its fine, no doubt due to Ultra texture streaming.

My first impressions of it is well its like GTAV on the PS3 but with higher resolution and higher FPS, its not pushing the boundries but it still does look and perform really well.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    So, watched some footage... and while the game does look better (in terms of lighting) at night, it still doesn't look impressive.

GTA5 was a much better looking game in terms of lighting, how it was used during day and night.
    And, I even prefer Sleeping Dogs visuals over what I've seen in Watch Dogs.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Nope.. Did nothing.. Played with the cfg some.. Meh.. I'm over this game until it's released.. I doubt much will change but saving myself from the "IT"S NOT EVEN RELEASED YET" crowd.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thank f...
    someone sane.

After the stink kicked up over wolf and how they're sic of developers lying to gamers... people are seriously just brushing of ubis bulls.. and saying it doesnt matter, or some magic patch is going to male the game look better. What a joke. Hypocrites. I was right when i said that it was simply because it was a wolfenstien game.

This game looks like about as nice as gta4, more so if youd use sweetfx to remove the brown haze from gta4. If you seriously think this game looks even remotely like something close to 'next gen', you need you eyes checked.

17. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    If you've got hitching try raising the GPU Max Buffered frames to 5, made a huge difference for me.

18. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I am not a "Next Gen" thumper. I care about most

1. Does it run smooth
    2. Is it fun
    3. Is it fun
    4. Is it fun
    5. Is it fun

Graphics is always last for me so with Watch Dogs I'm perfectly happy with fun wise. But the typical Ubisoft complete joke of optimization is just teeth grinding. The more I read, all I see is complaints about stuttering and hitching.

I can't believe in 2014 PC gamers STILL can't just load on day one and play without a hitch. It's ALWAYS something.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just because someone discusses, debates and argues a game's graphical fidelity doesn't mean that are incapable of simply enjoying the game.

I love plenty of games that are far from top end visually.
    But, even so, enjoying it or not... I'm still allowed to express my discontent towards a game's visual shortcomings.

Problem is, to me, Watch_Dogs not only looks bland and dull visually, it looks that way gameplay wise. And the story does nothing to draw my interest in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.