Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Your source is wrong.

It make a large enough difference in game to notice. CPU usage is sh!t with HT off.

[​IMG]

2. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Without HT, you're at 55% load.
    With HT, you're at 58% load.

This game is stupid.
    It loads your CPU the same amount, with or without HT. Obviously with HT it'll be faster (8 threads vs 4).

3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Just wait couple of months and buy a 4gb or 6gb maxwell and watch dogs will run as smooth as counter strike.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. 2_fast_4_you

2_fast_4_you Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan
    So here are some more Screens with downsampled 4k & 21:9 and of course rain :)

Album: http://imgur.com/a/A7lkG

Preview:
    [​IMG]

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Those that have abnormal pagefile usage, but high amount of system ram 8gb+, did you try and disable it?

Looks like all this stuttering comes from pagefile streaming instead of system ram.. Game engine obviously uses texture streaming and like Anarion said it caches as much as it can then streams on the fly, not surprise there.. Check U4E Dying light gpu vram for example, it can use up to 3.4gb if it wants..
    I cant test atm at i4600 and I didnt buy the game yet.

I think its because they lowered system ram requirements, at first it was planned to have min 6gb limit, now that they lowered it to 4gb and it seems to trash most of the stuff to pagefile, even though you have high amount of system ram.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Next week should be fun, sadly while Gamersgate has assigned keys for this they won't be redeemable until Tuesday though it doesn't really change much for me.
    (If you get the keys early and redeem into UPlay it won't let you download just like that so you either need a physical disc to install from there - which is of course what everyone playing the game early on PC have done, heh - or you will have to do something less legal by downloading it from some alternative source.)

There should be a 1.01 update available as well on their servers so those whom legitimately own the game will probably be prompted to update, should be out on X360 and PS3 as well. :)
    (Unsure about XBO and PS4)

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So that means what, u need huuge pagefile ?

9. Harry Lloyd

Harry Lloyd Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Gaming
    I have my pagefile on an SSD, and it still hitches with High textures. Maybe you should put in on a RAM disk? That would be insane, though.

A new era of next-gen console ports. :(

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    No. That's actually the problem. It seems to be paging everything instead of using system RAM. Set your textures to Ultra and watch your HDD light never go out. It just grinds away the entire time.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aham, i get it, well if it does that, means its really nasty....

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    CalinTM

If you're referring to me, then no :) I said right the opposite, disable pagefile and let it use system ram instead..
    Although I wouldnt want to try that with just 4-6gb system ram, even 8gb could be tricky - but worth a try.

I mean up to 500mb/s on ssd pagefile memory vs 34gb/s system memory is a difference in game fluidity for sure :nerd:

Gpu/driver/game engine already allocated the most important stuff on vram, rest goes to system ram..

For example BF3 ultra textures @ 570gtx 1.28gb ran crappy with 4gb, dunno what was with pagefile, but obviously it was high since it stream stuttered a lot ie B2K dlc. At 8gb it became very smooth with 1.2gb vram @ 2xmsaa.
    Idk why shouldn't it be any different here..
    Ultra @ 3gb, Im sure nvidia wouldnt want their flagship gpus to suffer from out of vram its TWIMTBP game after all.

Harry Lloyd,
    no that looks kinda pointless if you already have high amounts of system ram, let it use system ram instead. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  13. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So... a bad ubisoft port it seems? Who's surprised?
    ;D

14. 2_fast_4_you

2_fast_4_you Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan
    yeap, seems to work, still some slight micro drops but just really small ones. Thanks

15. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Is there anyway to force the executable itself to ignore pagefile or do I have to disable it entirely?

16. Smeg77

Smeg77 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 4Gb
    Mine happens to be full retail version, Ubisoft sent them out early. Which I thought was very kind of them, although I didn't expect them to let me activate and play it.

17. Smeg77

Smeg77 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 4Gb
    CPU is set to stock so 3.0Ghz but it is 6 core with 6 virtual, so 12 cores in total.

I'll try and get the stats on RAM usage.

18. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Disabled page file
    Reboot
    Set to Ultra textures
    Ran 50ft
    Crash
    System RAM Usage hit 5.1GB at the time of the crash.

Was never a fan of no page file... At least I tried.. FWIW though, it was still a stuttering mess.

19. CyberPunked

CyberPunked Member

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780
    There seems to be an issue with Nvidia's SLI drivers for the game. I'm using 337.50 drivers and the game maxed @ 4K my SLI 780s use ~60%. SLI is working, but not correctly as in-game i'm getting about 30fps which should cause the GPUs to max out.

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yep, there is stutter, i just remembered Skyrim, used to use all my vram cuz i had many mods, showed 2020mb used, so thats all drops of vram from the card and obviously stuttered. But watch dogs, with high textures uses 1950, 1960mb, so technically doesnt uses all of it, and it should not stutter until it overkills the video memory, but still it stutters. Also the performance is very good, playing on all high settings and having a stable 65fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.