Watch Dogs 2 Requirements and PC Specific Features!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Nov 14, 2016.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I'm fine with 16:9 menus. They were wonky in watch dogs 1 on 21:9 or multimonitor.
    The game is DX12 isn't it?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, Afteburner overlay isn't working for me in this game either.

Game unlocked at 11pm here in the U.K. so I was able to play about an hour of it, basically the tutorial since the game was still installing the 6 GB HD texture so once I met DedSec then I had to wait for the rest to finish so I decided to call it a night. Seems fun from initial impressions and much cooler than the first game; the neat little somersault Marcus does when leaping from ledges and walls hints that this game is a bit less po-faced than the original.

Runs really well for me too at 2560x1440 maxed out settings with the highest shadow and AO settings, Temporal AA and SMAA (and no supersampling). Not sure on the framerate due to a lack of onscreen counter but it felt like it was 60 FPS for most of the time. Of course, I haven't really tested the open-world area yet so it may not run so well in these more demanding areas. Will test it tomorrow morning when I get up.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    How is it? Watch Dog 1 was average to me.

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    If you are using that temporal thing then you´re not in max settings, it´s a trick to render at much lower resolution like console games.

Ps .- What an horrible experience it is on the 1060 lol:

https://www.twitch.tv/nikkifunkertv

Latest mainstream cards have been weak sauce :bang:

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    It has a lot of nice tech but unfortunately is too demanding.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Temporal Filtering is a nice addition but it really does look rough once you notice the dithering effect. Image quality isn't too great either with lots of shimmering on trees and foliage. Best image quality seems to be TXAA (Low) + SMAA which gives a nice clean look with almost no shimmering but it incurs a high performance cost. I've found that by reducing the Shadows from HTFS (or whatever it's called) to Ultra that I can claw back enough performance to make TXAA playable at 2560x1440 Ultra settings. It's certainly not 60 fps though, possibly around 40-50 fps although without Afterburner's overlay it's hard to say. Feels smooth enough though.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    HFTS was a notable performance hit in Division too, though it admittedly looked very good.
    Miles better than PCSS imo.

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I just tried it maxed out without temporal filtering @2k and it's unplayable, those pretty shadows are a no go on a single GPU, and even with temporal filtering enabled performance is too low as soon as you get into the open world area. Needs some fine tuning, I think I will disable nvidia shadows and lower SSR.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, how does the game play/work/look on PC?

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Pretty good on ultra quality settings. I will have a first iteration of a perf review ready within an hour or so.

13. Vayzell

Vayzell Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 8 GB
    The game looks great, and if you can max settings then... :banana:

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Just a heads up for SLI users:

Sadly, Nvidia are up to their usual SLI bullsh!t and the 'profile' they added does nothing except spin your cards up to 99% usage while providing no performance gain whatsoever (according to the Geforce forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...s-2-useless-sli-profile-because-of-dx12-why-/ )

Nvidia, either discontinue SLI altogether or support it properly. Inserting fake profiles just so you can include 'support' in the driver notes is a new low, especially on the heels of the CODIW 'profile' that was quite clearly never tested (at least not by anyone with even semi functioning eyesight).

15. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Many Report that it seems to be a good port from Consoles.....thank god for that at least!!!!

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Drops low as 22fps gtx 1080/1080p maxed out. You people call this a good port?

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    But look at the settings. Gameworks shadows on, Yes they are nice but no one actually runs them. Temporal AA off, msaa on.

Dude random pushes stuff to its limit, No one would actually play with those settings.

He tests things at 5k, 8k, 10k and even 12k. HEs just cranked it all the way up for his first video.

18. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    A good port is something you can play +30fps on hardware equivalent to consoles (750ti) on medium - high settings (usually console parameters). A 960 should give 60fps on those same settings, then cards like the 970/1070 would have plenty of room to spare for fancy extra shadows and stuff like that. Unfortunately lots of devs lately just call it a day and quit as soon as they get 50-60fps at 1080p out of the titan/1080 they got.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks boss, looking forward to read the article.

This makes me shake my head in despair. I really do not see the point in SLI anymore but I know several people here that will defend SLI and praise it as something golden.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It was at one point, now it is nothing short of insulting, especially with the cost of GPUs these days.

On topic, it runs very well on one GPU (2560 x 1080 maxed out), no issues to speak of so far :)