Watch AMD E3 Next Horizon Gaming Event & Livestream - NAVI and Ryzen 3000 Announcements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Well, the only mistaken info I got was that AMD said nothing about "Ray Tracing" at all--which I consider very positive--as it's a fairly minor thing they'll have plenty of time to talk about later. I thought it was an excellent presentation! Lisa Su was pumped...more so than at Computex, imo. I'm having trouble deciding which R 3k I want--but I want the 5700XT, too, so that will narrow it down for me somewhat--$449--$50 better than I thought! Unknown quantity at this point is the mboard. I just bought a Corsair HX 850 in preparation--then again the 65W 8/16 R3k is tempting--but darn it so is the 12/24 c/t! The 16/32 c/t won't be something I'll pick up just yet. Want to keep the price narrowed to $1k, give or take a couple of hundred, if possible! All I need is the mboard, CPU and the GPU--specs on that 5700XT look really good.

2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    the mobos are going to be a little pricey. probably the VRM stack & all the copper from the pcie4 traces i would guess

thats nice. the entire point of the graph was showing that higher thread count enables a CPU half the price of intels to stream smoothly whereas the intel chip grinds to a halt under identical conditions. you mentioning GPU encoding methods is illogical & doesnt address or even recognize the significance of this conclusion at all.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    5700XT is looking real promising.

waltc3 likes this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I mention what people are actually using to stream, not a fantasy scenario no one is using. But i'm glad it'll be now possible of course.

People who can afford the Intel GPU can afford a 350$ capture card with 4K60FPS HDR also, which is what people really serious about gaming are doing: capture cards.
    I liked all the gameplay part which were true face to face comparison, the input lag comparison too.

But this streaming slide was full of crap and completely disconnected to what anyone is doing.

5. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    existence of a more ideal hardware setup doesnt change the fundamental principle underlined by the test

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    All I need is some music production DAW benchmarks for those cpus vs intel.

7. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I liked the card, too--the XT has > performance specs than my RX-590/480 X-fire combined! I'm going to buy one. It does bother me that the GPU companies aren't putting any talk into D3d12 multi-gpu support, though (or X-fire for older games!) Not sure why that is, actually--they are still supporting it in their drivers and it seems to function fine.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    But it certainly impacts any form of relevant conclusion you can take out of it.

9. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Amd did not fail to deliver.
    The said that they would be back in high end gaming later, and i do no think they meant with navi.

Also they secured next round of playstation and xbox.
    That means that multiplatform games will be somehow wrote for that kind of architecture.
    They are delivering decent product so far.

Is also a bit disappointing seeing people with intel cpu series 8+ saying that `nah i won't upgrade`.
    No you can't upgrade, at those levels difference are minimal and your 8700k is still good for 2-3 years, and also the 1070ti or 1080ti or 1080.

I mean guys, really the fanboysm and trolling last 2 years got to extreme levels.

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    GN states that the 3950X was hitting 5.35GHz all cores using MSI GodLike MB...woha..

Supports 3600MHz ram natively without issue.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    all these pictures that need to be re-aquired from high quality video stream because the share is ruining their quality.

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    3950X :)
    Decent overclock, maybe 4.6 all core on air/AIO?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Come on man be transparent. That was on LN2. This is how misinformation gets spread. He was saying the 12 core part clocked higher too on LN2.

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can skip to around 13:31 minute mark

__hollywood|meo, lmimmfn and XenthorX like this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i need to stop reading and wait for the deep dive on the architecture, I want an agner fog level analysis of the design.

16. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i chose my words very carefully. a principle doesnt allow room for a subjective conclusion to be drawn, it stands on its own as a law. the law established is that when straining the CPU, increasing thread count allows you to multitask in the absence of dedicated third-party hardware. in this example, if you want to begin to extrapolate beyond this principle then your assertion needs to, at its core, recognize wats been clearly established.

your statement doesnt do this. the issue isnt whether or not you can stream with performance within watever margin you deem acceptable...while using your GPU, or a capture card. its that someone who bought a $1k intel processor doesnt have the option to CPU encode under strenuous conditions, which is frankly absurd

Fox2232 likes this.
  17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    To be fair they look decent because RTX is not very good to begin with (imo). If the basic 5700 would perform like a 2700 then yeah that would be awesome at this price but i don't see much to get excited about as a 1070 owner. The 5700 wont be good enough and the XT will simply be too expensive for what it is in canada like the 2700 is. I guess i'll have to wait next year to upgrade my GPU. At this point my 1070 will be 3 years old ...

18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    If you're at 1080p 60 FPS your 1070 is probably still fine imo. AMD is definitely targeting 1440p with this generation... I keep hoping that they are holding back a 5800 series GPU to counter whatever NVIDIA will do to counter the 5700 series.

Overall my GTX 1080 Ti pre-order is definitely the best pre-order I've ever done in any area. :p

Embra likes this.
  19. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Haha, nice try for trolling.

The refresh prices of the 2070 ($399) 2080($599). AMD failed to deliver. They are functioning, really sad, with outdated information. CPU yes. GPU was hoping...just no.

After NV lowers prices, AMD can also lower those, so I don't get your point.

20. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I'm at 2k144Hz and the 1070 is struggling a little bit. Not too bad but still i could use an upgrade just not willing to pay 800$ CAD for one that is worthwhile. Yeah the 1080 and 1080Ti were far better buy than the 1070. Was worth spending the extra.