Washer Mod + Fujiploy thermal Pads

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Plastic Washer: M3 6mmx3mmx1mm. Total of 10 washers used for all the backplate screws that mount the entire HS. 4 of them were used for the GPU bracket. I unscrewed 2 screws on the same side of the bracket 1st. Then inserted the washer. This made it easier for me to put the screw back into the hole without having to hold down the bracket Once all of them were on I made 4 turns each then 2 turns the 1 and 1 (something like that) catty corner.

Temps:
    I am seeing 4-5C drop in HotSpot Temps vs without
    Vregs stay 50C or lower. Before around 52C-54C
    Ambient temps up by 2-3C.
    Now the fan stays at zero on boot up. Temps have to creep well past 35C but I didn't wait that long to turn the fans on. So, yeah, it's working. But I put washers on all the backplate screws not just for GPU. That's why I'm seeing nice improvements on the vreg temps as well. It's fairly easy to do. Finding the right M3 washer was time consuming.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Andy_96 likes this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Update since doing the washer mod. Temps are still down (or the same since doing the washer mod) even though ambient temps went up a bit.
    This makes me wish I did this the 1st day I got the card and will consider doing this mod 1st moving forward on other cards I'm re-pasting.

Andy_96 likes this.