Was in a car accident today

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TheGriffin, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    First of all my humble sympathies to yourself & your friends mom. I hope you both are well or will be soon.

secondly.........

A 25mm cannon & possibly a few TV guidance/heatseeker missles as well as 30.cal MG's would be more then enough to keep a car on the road...

(DAMN ive been playing TWISTED METAL on psp too much)

Obviously Im just joking but Im just trying to lighten up the mood abit & possibly cheer you up by possibly making you see the funny side of things

2. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    good to hear your okay man, its gonna happen atleast once in somones life when they are driving. This is sort of a lesson to be more careful, but something you cant avoid. The bottom line is that your okay and everyone else is okay, you cannot put any material object infront of your safety. In that case, thats why SUVs are the best, tehy are much safer than cars, gl buddy

3. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Myth. SUVs give a false sense of security. They are not as stable as cars and tend to roll over. I see a lot of people making that mistake. They also cause major damage to other vehicles in an accident, or in the case of the Hummer, crumple like a tin can. :p

4. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    i would wratheer have thicker walls and better suspension and in a heavier vehichle than the one hitting me. but thats just me?

5. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    i saw this kind of event but never been in one. i wish you all the best man.

6. TerracideDK

TerracideDK Guest

I allways drive, thinking the other drives are total retads that can't drive and will do the most crazy things.

At OP:
    Glad that you all still alive :)

Terra...

7. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Hey guys...I woke up pretty fine today although my neck and back hurt but this is usualy for me as I don't have a fully straight backbone :p...and the neck is influenced because of that. I've had this case for 3 years now, although the pain is more than usual my mom says its OK because she had the same case when she had a car accident where her body hurt due to sudden shock and vibration.

Hmm, Orenda, it was on Hurontario St. and Paisley Blvd (Mississauga)

Also, if we had been in an SUV the Civic would've been totaled and the person possibly injured, dead or whatever and our car would've probably rolled over.

Good thing is though, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for a foot issue so I'll talk to my doctor about this and see if they can check me out for any possible internal injuries.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  8. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    where do you live in toronto?

9. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, that Hurontario is a very busy road. I was almost hit once at Burnhamthorp and Mississauga road by somebody cutting the corner. Yet another near miss just down where you were. SUV came flying off the 403 at Mavis and almost rear ended me. :p

10. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Haha Orenda, that sucks, good nothing happend to you :p...

Hurontario is a bitch, my mom drives along Confederation since it practically goes along Hurontario and it's trafficless most of the time :p.

My friend and her parents went to see the car today and she took pictures of the car with her Digital Camera...I will post them as soon as I recieve them!

11. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    darn it, thank god you are ok. if there is one thing i cannot stand, along with taxi drivers are bad woman drivers! i hate them! no offence ladyes, some of you are nice drivers but only a few

12. TerracideDK

TerracideDK Guest

Older people that should have turned in their drivers lincense are FAR worse...trust me...

In Denamrk they are the biggest cause of fatalities now...bigger than the 18-25 year old group

Terra - And that is scary...

13. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    hey guys, i got the pictures now, they're in the original post...

14. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    oh man good thing no1 was sitting in the front passenger side, other wise that would hurt a lot lol

15. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    Good that you're all ok.

I've been in and seen some bad crashes.
    I hope that your mom wont start to fear driving. And Judging from the pics it was a quite blow sheesh... Well it's good that you are ok :)

16. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Fyi: car will be gone, due to the torsen bars being bent, just cos of the fact that the roof is bent means that.

Anyway I was in a accident like this not long ago, we drive on the other side, and what happened was this lady was going around a round a bout and she put her foot on the gas instead of the brake. We were on a two lane road, and we were in the far lane and there was a road barriar in the way, and she jumped over the barriar, hit us in the front right wheel at about 40mph, pushed us across the lane beside us, and up a drive way that was there, refer to pic to under stand...

[​IMG]

Yellow = the lady who hit us ( arrow is direction of her)
    black = us
    Grey = me
    Green = where we went
    Blue = driveway
    and lucky the red = our doctor, rofl

Yeah i suffered wipplass, and my mom took all the impact, and shes a heart patent so she kinda nearly had another heaart attack when she it us.

Now what im about to say is racist, but im not trying to be

The lady that hit us, was 1. an asian 2. she had a bad cold and she couldnt drive properly and 3. she was only on a restricted licence.

and to make things worse, when i first hoped out of the car, i ran over to check the lady that hit us, and there was some liquid leaking on the ground, and I yelled it out, and then she tried to start her car WTF IS WITH THAT???? so i ran over, her door was jam'd (and im a solid guy, like 6"2, big arms, and such) I so i riped it open, pulled her keys out and chucked them away and she start yelling at me in asian.... wtf?

Anyway im fine now, and sorry to steal ur simpthoy, just thought i would share my story cos its kinda close to how urs is.

Also hope ur fine, recover well.

17. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The damage doesn't look too bad. The car certainly doesn't appear totalled unless there is frame damage.

18. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    I think the car is gone imo, normally if the roof is bent it means alot is f'ed

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    wow Terra, thanks for the advice, since i am here, i will wach out for geezers in cars, lol :D

20. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Hi heads_up, i created another thread to discuss this so that this thread won't get off subject. I didn't want to hijack this thread.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1919376#post1919376