Warning: 77.72 can mess up your card dont be a fool and save your self.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak, Jun 30, 2005.

1. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    geforce fx cards never run in dx9 mode as their dx9 implementation sux. they run at dx8.1 for games.

2. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB
    It's bull**** , WHQL drivers doesnt fry your card :)

3. randomend

randomend Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1950 pro 256mb
    i find it pushed my card :) i get higher temps , sometimes up to 80C on high graphical games but so far so good... though im getting a lil scared of frying my card... i'll think a lil bit more before i change drivers or i dont wanna waste my cash ^^

4. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    wow, that really sucks; i didnt know that. If thats the case, is there a way to change that or no? and if they really run at 8.1, does that mean that me having dirextc9.0c on my computer doesnt make a difference? or, just that its not running at its full potential?

5. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA 8800 GTS 640mb / SLI
    So , why hasnt nvidia gotten the point .. and remade 7772?

M

6. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    my guess would be that they are right now, or that not enough people have complained to them about it...

And i dont think it would be a "remake" it would probably be "77.75" or whatever number i dunno.

[edit] just found this. Havent downloaded or tried, i dont feel lilke messing with drivers right now. =s cause the original ones were screwed up...

click here

[/edit]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  7. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    you can force it to dx9.0 with 3danalyzer. but most of the time you'll just get bad performance.

8. nihilistic0

nihilistic0 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 (760/1100)
    Im also having the problem with hl2 and the 77.72 drivers. I try to start it up, and it tells me it cant set the video mode, resetting to default. It does that a few times and then says I need minimum of dx7 to run the game

wtf.

9. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    dont bother with those drivers if thats what happened, just go back to 77.30 or some other driver

[edit] oh yea, and gram_vaz, i dont know how to use 3danalyze. i have it but dont know how it works. [/edit]

10. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    i don't either. just do some forums searching. some people got geforce fx cards to run in dx9.0 for hl2. try searching for those related topics.

11. darkrenegade80

darkrenegade80 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG NVIDIA 6800 Ultra 256 OC AGP
    The 5200 is a rubbish card for anything with dx9 in mind as i used to own a sparkle fx5200 and it just couldn't cope with anything that was graphically intensive.

For me it ain't worth using it for newer games as the poor performance and slowness you are going to receive trying to run in dx9 mode will totally spoil your enjoyment, better off going for a 9800 a decent dx9 performer.

12. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Well, I used to have my 5700LE to run in dx 9.0 mode in HL2. I can't remember exactly, but I had to edit some file which contained all the supported graphics cards. I copied the part related to my card and pasted it over an ATI card of the same generation (9700). That's what I read and followed and it worked.

13. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    darkrenegade80 said:
    You're right, im not going to bother with it anymore. and it was actually slower with that. but i have another problem on my hands right now though.. im trying to reinstall 9.0c but its not working.

yea i remember seeing this in some thread. i didnt feel like doing this cause it looked like a lot of work and im kinda lazy... but its not worth it... i know 5200 isnt that good, but its a hellofa lot better than my old Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 lol.

14. darkrenegade80

GPU:
  15. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)

16. darkrenegade80

GPU:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  17. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    thanx guys, but i already knew about those threads. remember i said i was too lazy? i did try the regedit thingy though but i dont know if it really helped or not. i just changed it back to 81 instead.

18. darkrenegade80

GPU:
    Just try forcing it to directx9:

-dxlevel 90 in the launch options and add an Autoexec.cfg file in the cfg folder of HL2 with the lines mat_dxlevel 90 and mat_clipz 0

If it don't work..it don't work at least you tryed

19. darkrenegade80

GPU:
  20. Horngate

Horngate New Member

GPU:
    Evga 6200 agp 128 bit 256 meg
    Re: Mines bust too

Use nhancer and delete your hl2 profile and that will take care of that problem.