1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warner bros teasin new Batman game???

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2018.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    I want a truly open world BATMAN game. I want the GTA of BATMAN games.

- at the start of the game you know nothing. just an anonymous message from a bad guy what he will do withing 24 hours
    - you begin as Bruce Wayne sporting all sorts of disguises to get clues about the current case
    - once you have sufficent evendence a suspicious location will be marked on your map
    - at nighttime you dress up as the BATMAN and arrive there (via on foot, BATmobile or BATwing) and try to infiltrate the place (taking costumes of the guards)
    - collect evidence: what faction is at the location? what are they up to? who is the leader of the location?
    - take them out, contact the GCPD
    - get information from the suspects as BATMAN inside the GCPD building
    - take out boss after boss to reveal a grand plot against the citizens of Gotham City

Kolt likes this.
  2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Is anyone seriously going to buy another Batman game on PC after the utter mess they made of the last game? I thought WB had managed to piss away just about any trust they had with Batman and PC gamers?

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the port was the bigtgest fup and that arguably was rocksteady not giving a f mostlys fault.

batman fans just want good batman games.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    So, one poor release is enough to damn a series or company forever?

Never mind the fact that they offered refunds to anyone who purchased the game, and took the public hit of removing it from sale.
    Released several patches that drastically improved it.
    Yes, it never should have been released in that state to begin with. But, they at least owned their fault and made it right.

And yes, people will buy a new Batman game on PC. After Unity people continued to buy Assassin's Creed. People bought Watch_Dogs 2. People will buy the new Bethesda Game Studios title...

And no, WB hasn't "pissed" anything away in terms of PC gamers. Arkham Knight may have been a lackluster PC release, but Mad Max, Dying Light, Shadow of War and Mordor. All stellar PC releases with great performance, options and visuals.
    Sorry, but, if one poor release was enough to damn a company... we would have nothing to play.

lucidus likes this.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Hence the question, I couldn't give two f*cks about the next Batman game myself I've always thought they were seriously over-rated titles but the general consensus I got from the last Batman game was that it was a sh*tty port even by the standards of sh*tty ports. That WB made a milktoast effort of trying to fix the game which despite their efforts ended up still running and playing like a pile of warm whale spooge, before they opted to instead throw their hands up saying we can't fix this but hey lets batter on and get the paid for DLC out of the door as quickly as we can and hope this all blows over.

Also correct me if I am wrong while your list of games do include some truly fantastic games (Dying Light, mad Max and both Shadow games I own) the only one of those that has been released SINCE the last Batman game fiasco has been Shadow Of War which arrived with it's own lootbox affecting late game progression fiasco and yes for a fair number of peoples a f*ck up on the scale of the last Batman game could very well put many folk off. I mean look at how many folk are sh*tting the bed over the prospect of having to install a different game launcher just to play the next Metro game.[/QUOTE]

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm not commenting on loot boxes, or microtransactions. That's a completely different discussion that I don't want to stir up.
    But, Shadow of War's performance, optimization and PC graphical options, in that regard it is a fantastic PC release. And, despite the above mentioned "real world cash" issues... is still a damn good game, that is a lot of fun to play.
    And one, I can say from personal experience, you can play and finish without ever needing to spend a single penny.

As for Arkham Knight.
    I got the game at release. Experience the 30fps cap, the crashes, memory leaks, texture streaming issues, stuttering, hitching, lagging... all the problems.
    But, after the series of patches, even before moving to my 1070. Back when I was still using my 970, I could easily run the game at Ultra settings and hold a solid 60fps. Now, yes, I did not turn on the "Nvidia Enhanced" effects, because I felt those were (and still are) stupid.
    But, to say they couldn't/didn't fix the PC version... is false. Of course there are people with issues. There will always be people with issues. Go on the Steam forums, there are people who have problems running DOOM.

I currently have 120 hours in Arkham Knight on Steam.
    I would not have put that much time into the game... if it still ran like crap, or had the same crashes and issues it did at release.

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 4GB Windforce
    i must be one of the rare few who felt so uninspired by by Arkham Knights gameplay even now years after it was released ive yet to reach a point in the story on any play through to were i find out the knight actually is and Ive always looked back on the game as more of a technical show piece than a decent Batman game in its own right. The thing is Im of the mind that I still completely associate Batman with a game style *(Arkham, City, Origins)* that has always been about stalking rooftops, dropping down on foes, tight orchestrated fighting, methodically uncovering crime scenes and bringing fear to the lawless Gotham streets leaving my mark and steadily moving on. Sure you can say that Knight included all of these aspects and I will agree altho I hated the combat in Knight next to Origins however what it also did and did terribly poorly was cookie cutter them all up around mindless repetitious tank vehicle combat and lackluster batmobile gameplay and every time it enforced these moments I lost more and more interest in completing it just to get back to what I wanted from the game most - feeling as if I were The Batman. I didnt feel it in the batmobile and i most certainly didnt feel it in a tankmobile slowly taking out enemy tanks in the most ludicrous game of whack a mole imaginable. the fact of the matter is Rocksteady had already had two games under its belt while WB Montreal was a first time gig which made the fact they seemed to get what i wanted from a new game so much more impressive and ive no doubt spent more time on the games awesome challenge maps than I ever have playing Arkham Knight itself.

This to me is why Origins will always succeed over Knight cos i not only got the true Batman experience I was craving for i also didnt feel like that same experience was constantly stalled and inflicted upon me right as i was just getting into the swing of being Batman again. Not only that but Origins nailed the combat, the roof skulking during a cold christmas/winter period that somehow just fits right in with the Batman mythos in my mind but also the enemy introductions and world building and all in all it was completely direct direct in a way that i didnt feel needlessly sidetracked every few hours forced to trudge through sections of the game I really didnt wish to play. not hurt by the fact some of the cutscenes during those first encounters were of an almost cinema like quality THAT DEATHSTROKE CUT SCENE my god. Origins is still my favourite yes even more than Arkham so much so that i once saw four copies of the game sat unwanted in a bargain bin some place and I immediately snapped up each and every one of them and dished them out to my friends who were on the fence about buying it cos it wasnt Rocksteady developed pffft all of who as it turned out loved the game, not as much as me of course lol

if there is any form of batmobile batwing in this new game Im hoping it is done in a fashion that just makes it feel more natural and less shoehorned in there has to be a way to do this and as long as I have an actual say in when or even perhaps how it occurs rather than just ok you have to complete this section with a vehicle now or you dont progress . I just wish many would stop seeing Rocksteady as a dev who can do no wrong when they are just as open to and susceptible to fking up as the next developer on the ladder and in my eyes Knight was a fk up that didnt deliver either gameplay wise or technically wise and I should never feel playing a Batman game is a downright chore which sadly it ended up being and will no doubt never be completed because of it. its 100% because of my passion and admiration for first timer Origins that I know WB Montreal have my back on whatever this new game will be and will deliver what I want if not more and just why they are the perfect developer to continue the franchise instead of Rocksteady who ended their trilogy with a Spider-Man 3 rather than with a Spider-Man 2.

cerebus23 likes this.