1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warner bros teasin new Batman game???

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2018.

1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    The original is the best with the joker.
    arkham asylum

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They should freshen up the gameplay now. After 4 games and even replaying AA and AC, it's gotten stale for me. Assassin's Creed pre-Origins level of dull.

K.S. and XenthorX like this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Seriously, technical issues aside, i loved A: Knight

But i might be bored by the gameplay by now. Was really something new by then but it's been copied several time since.

K.S. and cerebus23 like this.
  4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    It was nice, dark and grungy.

TR2N and K.S. like this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, if this turns out to be true, and does follow the Court of Owls story. The Joker... will have no part in it.
    He was missing during the events of the Court of Owls, having had the Dollmaker cut his face off and leaving it nailed the wall of his cell.

He returns right after the Court of Owls incident, but, for those annoyed by Joker being a key part of every Arkham game. If this is true and they go this path, Joker has zero part of it.

K.S. likes this.
  6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    That would be great, not that I don't like Joker, who doesn't, but Batman really has the best foes to pick from. If the game happens I hope it doesn't become cartoonish, keep it darker.

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

still my fave batman game dun care what the haters say!!!

DocStrangelove likes this.
  8. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Apparently, a play tester at Warner Bros. gave this information on a Discord server. below are some core points.

The game has been in development for two years. It will feature the Court of Owls as the antagonist. The Court will not only attack Batman, but also Bruce Wayne, even bankrupting Wayne Enterprises. It is a 12 act storyline, with each act averaging about an hour. Dick Grayson will first appear as a sidekick, and later as Nightwing. Jason Todd will also appear. Gotham City will apparently be even larger than San Adreas from Grand Theft Auto V. There will be a day and night cycle (but after the story, it switches fully to night). The Batwing will make its playable debut as Batman's mode of transportation across the city. There will also be co-op, but only for side content. The Riddler content will be much different.

There will be 20 side missions. Apparently, these missions will be three hours long, meaning that side missions alone will account for 60 hours of the overall game's play time. As for an official announcement, the alleged play tester claims the game will be revealed in the March issue of Game Informer. There will be gameplay shown at E3. Warner Bros. would then be aiming for a midnight Halloween release, but it's possible the game could be delayed to late November.

https://www.thegamer.com/rumor-arkham-crisis-court-of-owls/

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    That sounds awesome, hope it's true. I know nothing of the Court of Owls so that's a good start.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    riddler content different like maybe not dropping a few 100 of the damn things locking most behind gear upgrades and being required to get all of them to get the "true" ending?

Yea they need to tone that stuff way the hell down.

K.S. likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I hope this is true.
    Batman is my all time favorite comic book, and the Court of Owls was a fantastic story arc. One that truly pushed Batman past his limits, mentally, physically, emotionally.

Really, really hope this is true.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Hope it has Harley again... she is always my favorite character.... and Killer Croc, first time seeing him in the first one was like woooooww... epic looking character.... they so messed his look up in Suicide Squad so much, looked so silly in that.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    see if they do round 2 of shadow of war cash shop gambling or they learned their lesson, this is warner bros. But on paper yea the game sounds interesting.

14. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    60hours gameplay?
    No thanks.

15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming

16. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    I think Croc only works in Asylum, in that he is scary but Origins made him the first easy boss and sadly Knight didn't make him scary either.
    The rumours of this game appear to be false according to certain sources, but I hope they take a hint in that there is still interest in more Batman, plenty of time between Origins and Knight that could be used, plus the engine is pretty awesome at this point.
    And oh, bring back environmental audio like in City please, it really adds to the experience.

17. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    supposed leaked concept art images that were posted and quickly removed the artist in question Eddie Mendoza apparently works as a freelancer and one of his clients is Warner Bros

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

interesting veryyyyyy interesting

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    batmans a character going strong for over 50 years, there is always room for more batman.

they could tweak the "formula" and pair it with a good story and they would get raves.

Asylum or the origin? game are the best of the series. knight had plot twists you could see 10 miles off, the batmobile was too forced and the gameplay too one dimensional, the padding stuff was grossly overdone to the point of annoyance, and locking the "true ending" behind it well f you.

And the contrivance of gotham being completely abandoned by aholes for like 4th night in a few weeks/days? be nice if gotham could feel like an actual city with real people holding parts of the city and helping each other.

But it has been long enough rocksteady has moved on but people are always ready for more batman just make it good or great and people will come.

DocStrangelove and lucidus like this.
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Spiderman did it much better when it comes to a living city. I tried to take my Batman experience there and it didn't work. Spidey obviously took from this series but was its own thing. I hope these guys do something good and not release another samey game. That gameplay style is not unique anymore unfortunately.

I wonder how will PC fare this time. Rocksteady have always been assholes to PC with securom, gfwl, early adopting denuvo, delayed releases, and farming off PC to a tiny studio with barely any time. I hope the next game's engine also isn't a mess for streaming.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I'd love to see a flash game...that would be something to play.