Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, Feb 18, 2009.

1. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
    now for them to get cracking on fixing the popcap bug.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    What is going on?

I was in day 14 or something like that. i GUARDED that BIG DOOR on the planet frim those aliens(yeah sorry iam not good with the terms of this game). Normaly u come with 4 squads plus the squads that has JUMPJETS u know..anyway. i chose to use that jump squad instead of the squad 2(u know that marines or something guys. ony uses BOLTS). anyway. i played the round and finished. when i turned bakc that squad with BOLTs were gone. where r they? is this permanent? a BUG? WTF? :(

3. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    haven't been able to get any vehicles - any hope?

4. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    errr... around 2400 with avitus and 1400 with my force commander =P

Assault cannon is great.

On another note, is any getting wierd AI when u give your squads terminator armor?

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    u mean like they wander about sometimes and dont stay still?

happened to avitus in terminator armour. rest of his squad kept disappearing off into bushes etc (maybe they were scared).

but yeah sometimes i want them to stand still behind a wall and they keep disobeying orders.

happened with company of heroes 2. infantry were fine behind sandbags and would move from cover out into the open. smart :)

6. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Yeah but it's even worse, i don't mind it as much if they run to cover, but with Avitus his squad usually just run backwards from the enmy, and keep on goin, so he's stood there by himself while they bugger off =S

And Tarkus and is squad just seem to walk in circles more than shoot, sucks really cos ive got a wicked storm bolter as well =(

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i'm hearing u!

cant seem to find a way to lock them down...gonna fiddle about and see if i can fix it..

8. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    That's the only reason i want stances back in, i don't give a crap about assault or ranged, just gimme a button to stop em movin =P

9. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Yeah that bug is a joke, it makes the Tryanids over powered. I hate being Marines and reinforcing 1 man in my TAC squad for 5 pop cap :':)biggun:

10. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
    Warriors and rippers are horridly overpowered alone. Warriors are too beefy and have too many over the top weapons, Barbed Strangler, Venom Canons, Adrenal Glands. Rippers are too cost effective and turn the game into a game of cat and mouse.

11. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Where are all the screens?

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    this isnt max, but on high.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660S Gaming X
    Yeah i did played :) It is difrente game i know but stil no economy just capturing pointds and playing only whit unis not for me :D i'm not so good in such strategy :)

14. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Rippers get raped by flamers, the only warriors i have problems with are Adrenal Glands when they are being spammed with Hormas. Plasma weapons also rape warriors and all other Nids.

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    This game has been nothing but a big FAIL! for me. I was a big fan of its predecessors and still play those games online such as soul storm and DC. Dont get me wrong the campaign for DOW II is great but online play really sucks.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Of course personal choice, but i bought DOW2 and loving it too much. And bought DOW 1 too and it scks bigtime..i hate resource colleting base building stuff.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    wtf fail :S, my game just crashed once, and now my savegame doesnt appear on gamelist, it's 36kb, but when i open it with notepad, it has nothing inside

and its patched to last version...

18. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Pretty much every review i have read says the same thing, singleplayer is fun to begin with but gets repetitive quickly, multiplayer is where the game shines and is awesome. And i agree, the multiplayer is immense fun, well apart from the matchmaking system, just seems to be a caper.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I must read more about WARHAMMER universe.or what ever it is..I saw Mark Of Chaos..its not this kind of armies..its like LOTR. or u know medieval stuff..why? od..Mark Of Chaos looks amazing..i will try to find a DIGITAL PURCHASE.

20. kenjishinoda

kenjishinoda Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870

Mark of Chaos is based on a different Warhammer universe. Warhammer 40,000 (like the Dawn of War series video game) is the sci-fi universe of Warhammer