Warframe

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Alex13, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Warframe announced their next big patches at WF's convention couple days ago.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.warframe.com/fortuna

Didnt wanna nekro the OG thread, so here's the video with the new zone/spacebattle/storyquest gameplay/teasers.

2. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    looks good, hows the story with the game, I heard it has taken a while to implement, i like looters and grind, but need motivation like a good story, or at lease A story.

3. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The 3 main cinematic quests (+ 2-3 others) are pretty good, and at this point the lore is quite deep and developed. So much so you'd need to watch a youtuber who does lore stuff after all the key quests to fully understand all and fill in the gaps (a lot of things happened during world events that are not accessible, so you kinda have to find it outside the game). Just keep in mind the first big quest is probably 50 or so hours in probably and with 50h you will be probably underpowered for.. certain enemies in it.

You could rush it even more, or take your time and be more prepared. I would say the deeper youre into the game the more impactful that first quest gets.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Combat in this game is really fun, once you figure out the feel it's kinda like dancing haha..

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Which platform is this better to play on? PC/PS4?

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I haven't played it on a console but on PC it is very smooth.

It's free to play, why not just give it a try?

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried it on ps4 years ago and it was just fine. I might try it on pc to have my progress on my steam profile :p

Is it okay to play with a controller? I'd rather play this on my tv.

8. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's a really fast paced shooter game, so 30fps and a gamepad are definitely not the best option. It is possible to play on PC with a gamepad however, and the in-game UI even allows you to choose between ms and sony button prompts/ui. The consoles are behind the PC version in terms of updates and patches by a few weeks also.

I gave the ps4 version a try a few weels ago (out of curiosity mostly) and it felt pretty bad to me. Do keep in mind i can never play shooters on console in general, so theres that.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Playing a FPS on a console is like eating steak with a spoon.

With that said, this isn't "exactly" a shooter game, lots of cool melee weapons, heck I still use the first character because he is so fun.... like a ninja.

10. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yeah, you can make up for the.. lacklusterness of a gamepad with abilities. In fact, the best way to kill stuff en mass tends to be through WF abilties and the way those synergize in a party. Tho it's probably hard to do that as a new player. Need the right mods and a bit of forma to get there.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmmm ... if my controller doesn't work out, it always helps that all my gear is wireless :p

I played fallout 4 and bioshock infinite with a controller :^)

KissSh0t likes this.
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I played it in very early stage, when you only fought on ships, that said I Really liked physx turbulence fx back then, best yet.

Then they removed it, now they made their own particle system, how is that going, does it still look like in the old days?

Looking at that video now its like a completely new game, open world Rift like vibe. Do you still fight on ships like in the past?

I think last time i played was in 2016, just to find out they reset my lvl progress again (3rd time) and removed particle fx.. I didn't play it since.

13. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The game looks unarguably better now. They've improved the lighting system and are also slowly revamping the tilesets to use all the new features.
    The old tilesets are still there. There's another open world zone and quite a few new quests that have come out since you played that follow the 2nd dream.

This is from last year and it's been out for ~8-9 months now.

14. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Went back to it this weekend for the first time since early beta and I really like it. There's so much stuff in it and I have no idea what most of it is, but you can always just do the next run/quest and it'll be pretty straightforward. Best thing is the movement mechanics, you can fly around like mad

15. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Codex>Quests

Use those if you need to set goals. That will lead you down a path of unlocking planets for quest purposes. You eventually learn the game well enough to set your own goals - especially once you're out of quests, getting all the stuffs being mine generally speaking.

16. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i should give this game a try sometime.

free n all.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Patch is live ;o

lucidus likes this.
  19. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Duke Nil likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Getting the hang of this game .. still can get confusing at times :p I just played some domination style quest and failed miserably lol. Love the movement in the game.