Warcraft III: Reforged is Now Live

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Reforged is fine and looks great, but it is WC3 - don't go in expecting something new. If you're interested, I'd wait a week to buy until they sort out a few campaign bugs though.

I'll second this, I picked these up from GOG and had a blast replaying them. WC1 controls are bit jank by today's standards but WC2 is as good as any new RTS you can buy.

2. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    we ask ! of Guru3d that it now benchmarks all hardware in 800x600 :p

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it does, but apparently they backed away from the nice looking UI updates they showed off in early beta so it doesn't scale to the full width on 16:9 or 21:9

4. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Exactly! That's what I want to see updated. Not the gameplay or mechanics, just a graphics update.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The last good Warcarft game in the franchise, and no I think WoW is crap, it might be one most popular MMO but from Warcaft stand point, it worse of all the franchise, and sure the just many people out there that think the same and ones that think it best.

6. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    WIIIR is total crap

Technical mess:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/eveuhb/reforged_is_a_dissapointment/

Removed Features:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/...res_that_were_removed_from_original_warcraft/

Fake promises:

Instead of quality they go with idiotic ideas like , changing sex of hero, yup... Blade Master can be a female now the same goes to Dread Lord LMAO... And ofc you can BUY skins and other crap.

Like always Blizzard is closing threads, and deletes posts acts like a little brat.

Undying likes this.
  7. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Blizzard just couldn't win with this one.

Back in 2018 devs wanted to improve campaign and maybe add new objectives/missions, but fans protested and whined that it wouldn't be pure Warcraft 3 experience.
    Devs then decided to keep pure experience but only improve graphics, but now people whine that it's just quick cash grab HD remaster and not real remake with new gameplay.

8. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I won't be buying it. The graphics really turn me off.. They just don't look right. They lack the soul the original had, which makes sense considering Blizzard is just a shadow of its former self at this point.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    People are now getting banned on the official forums for helping people wanting to refund the game...

Ahhh... Blizzard, just never change.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No one is shocked by that atlest no one should be:rolleyes:

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    oh how the mighty have fallen.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Intel once again unbeatable :D

I'm sorry to hear that the game's bug ridden, but who ever thought that this was more than a nostalgia cash grab was hoping for more than they got. I didn't buy it because I expected it to be little more than what GOG could give us in a dos box...

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I find pretty amusing the Blizzard EULA that gives them exclusive and sole rights to any custom games you might submit. I wonder who will anymore create anything at all for this Reforged version. This brings back memories from the games I used to make single player campaigns for a long time ago. The official publisher didn't originally have a distribution platform for any sort of mods, so a few independent sites appeared to handle it. A bit later the game publisher created their own site, but they added a clause granting them rights to any material uploaded onto that site (I never did, only sticking to the independent ones because of that clause). The game EULA itself, however, remained the same, understandably. It was just that site, and even over there they weren't crazy enough to claim exclusive or sole rights to the user created stuff. Blizzard is its own kind of insane.

sykozis likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, this is exactly what happened, and now the people responsible are inciting the refunds and hate threads.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So.... original Warcraft 3 has been removed from Battle net and now everyone is forced to use this new broken version?

is that correct?

because...

if that is correct..

what.

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well, this is a no buy from me, at the very least until it's fixed. Still have the original CDs.

17. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Lol so the guy is mad at SC2 because he can't use a glitch mechanic that was never intended to be used in the first place even in SC1. It's essentially exploiting an unpatched bug and calling it skill. IMO they should patch it out in both games. Same with the rest of the glitch mechanics.

It's as bad as the 'Fountain Hook' glitch that Dendi used with Pudge during The International 2013 Dota 2 tournament. Dendi's team mate Puppey would choose the hero Chen and follow Dendi's Pudge hero around. Now Chen had an ability that teleported allied heroes back to their healing fountain. And Pudge has an ability to hook an enemy and drag it to where Pudge is standing. The teleporting ability had a channeling time of about 1.5 seconds. So Puppey would make his hero Chen start the teleportation channeling spell and Dendi would time his Pudge hooks so that the hook hit the target right as he was being teleported back to base. Then instead of the enemy hero being dragged to the position where Pudge was standing when he threw his hook, it got dragged all the way back across the map to the enemy fountain (where Pudge was teleported to).

Your team's fountain heals your team's heroes. But if an enemy hero sets foot in your fountain, the fountain itself attacks the enemy hero and obliterates it in a few split seconds. So essentially Dendi was getting instant-kills because the enemy was glitched all the way across the map into death's jaws.

It was funny as hell to watch but we all knew it shouldn't be happening because it was an exploit. The devs did the right thing and patched it out of the game after the tournament was done.

Here's a vid for reference:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I completely disagree. The pudge thing totally breaks the game - the carrier leash doesn't, it increases the skill ceiling for a player that knows how to utilize it while continuing to macro.

The entire professional scene of starcraft wants that type of nuanced, discovered mechanics type stuff in the game. No one in the pro or even non-pro scene in DOTA wants a pudge hook to pull players back to the fountain.

Also in SC1 they did fix a lot of those mechanics in SC2 - hence the video - but for the sake of the people that still play SC1, the remade versions should 100% replicate them. There is an entire pro scene played around them, none of them are even close to the pudge bug you're talking about, but they all add to the nuance and skill of SC1.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    This looked like a cash grab when it was first announced - maybe worth like 10€, same as WoW classic. Sure, Blizz released some great games in the past, but I've played it all to death and want something new instead. But I guess it's too much to expect from current day Blizzard.

WoW is now complete crap that has ARPG mechanics shoehorned into an MMO without there even being RPG part. Both OW and HOTS are quite mediocre and irrelevant. D3 is old and has it's own share of controversy. Plus the whole China thing a few months back. I guess the only thing I can really look up to is new D4, if they actually manage to release something good. Or on the off-chance that new WoW expansion is going to fundamentally change the entire game model, I guess I'd play that too.

But damn, what a shame. One of the best studios turned to complete crap.

20. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500