Warcraft III: Reforged is Now Live

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Warcraft III: Reforged is now available in the Blizzard Shop, offering the eagerly anticipated updated version of Warcraft III, a real-time strategy classic. This offers the epic story, 60+ campaign...

Warcraft III: Reforged is Now Live

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Remake is the new gold rush.

Brasky and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    That's what you do when you can't make a good product anymore.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Even the nostalgia cant save Warcraft universe now.

anticupidon likes this.

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    They should have remade the first and second Warcrafts. The third one is still perfectly playable graphics wise, plus it's a native Windows game. The first and second ones were DOS games originally. Could you even play them anymore on Win10 if you wanted to? Naturally their graphics would also benefit a whole lot more from modernisation than Warcraft 3's.

6. 30USD for this? Those guys at Blizzard's marketing department are smoking some really strong stuff.

Reclusive781 likes this.
  7. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Can you play the same custom maps from the original? Gem TD was the best.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Warcraft 2 BNE is Win32 and works on 7, 8, 10.

Kaarme, SamuelL421 and rl66 like this.
  9. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Yeah but the first two are more effort and we know bliz.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is even worse than Starcraft Remastered. I won't even bother to buy it, let alone install it.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im waiting to see if the frack up the Diablo IV and if they do im done with Blizzard.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I really like the game and i wouldn´t mind buying the remake but only for 10€ at best, no more.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Considering the small effort they made with this remaster I completely agree.

14. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes you can play them on w10, I recently played and completed them using the GOG versions, Though i agree remakes of this would have been amazing, though i believe they were remade in the wc3 engine by people, along with a bunch of other customer campaigns

Kaarme likes this.
  15. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    What they really need to do is make a Warcraft IV RTS game on a brand new game engine. The trouble with the SC1 and WC3 remakes is that they still largely use the game's old original engines and programming. This means all the bad unit pathing problems are carried over to the remakes.

Take a look at Starcraft 2's game engine - better graphics than Starcraft 1, can select tons more units at once and automatically place them into sub groups to make them easier to select. And pathing is much better because units move out of the way of each other and go around the scenery instead of getting stuck. Blizzard's excuse for sticking with the original pathing/programming is for balance reasons and authenticity. To me that's just counterproductive in this day and age.

They made the pathing improvements in the Starcraft 2 engine for a reason. That reason being - bad pathing is bad programming and ruins the fun and dynamics of the game. Taking a step backwards from that is just dumb and will not help carry RTS into the future. They need to build on their improvements not take steps backwards. Warcraft IV could fix that.

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    I can add that both are on GOG and work fine on windows 10 (i have both lol): 11,89 Euro for the pack WC 1 + 2 BNE

SamuelL421 likes this.
  17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I agree that going forward it should use a new engine and strip the bad mechanics but I disagree that the remakes should fix the mechanics of the older titles. In a lot of the pro scenes those mechanics are what separated the great players from the bad ones - it acted as a barrier of entry and some of the really nuanced mechanics for example () allowed extremely good players to show off their micro/macro to gain small advantages over opponents that couldn't perform at that level. I think that skill ceiling is what made games like SC1/SC2/WC3 so interesting to watch/play at a high level.

18. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    After seeing some gameplay footage i already knew i was not going to buy this. WC3 is fine because it's cartoony style still works today but this refresh ughhh.

19. Bender82

Bender82 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD fury
    OMG
    Windows Recommended Requirements
    Resolution 800 x 600 minimum display resolution

who plays in that resolution ? :p

Undying likes this.
  20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    By the way, does the remake supports ultrawide screens??? I´ve bought the latest part of SC2 only to find out that it doesn´t support ultrawide monitors, something that made me angry, so angry i didn´t touch the game anymore...