Want to put cds onto one dvd,???

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Jodean, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Jodean

Jodean Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 6800GS CO@ 510/1200
    How would you go about putting some cds onto a dvd so i can play them in my in dash dvd reciever. It does play dvd+r disks and movies, but i just want to have a few dvds with all my music at full quality, i do not want mp3 or less quality than the original cd.

Any way to do this??What program can u use for free??

2. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Nero 7 Ultra supports DVD Audio. You might be able to do it with that, provided your DVD player can play DVD-A discs. Some can't.

As far as I know, there are no free programs that will do it.

3. Jodean

Jodean Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 6800GS CO@ 510/1200
    Ok, you have to understand that i dont want dvd quality audio first....

I want cd quality audio put onto a dvd. So i figure about 6 cd will fit onto a dvd, probrably more, most cds dont use all 750 mb...

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Well it doesn't work that way. DVD uses a different file structure. DVD Audio is the only way to write uncompressed LPCM audio onto a DVD. DVD-Audio does not have to be written in 24-bit 96khz, it can be written in CD quality 16-bit 44khz as well I'm sure.

A compressed format is the easiest and cheapest way to go as long as you use a high quality setting. However if the player doesn't play compressed audio files, you're out of luck going the DVD route.

The only other way is to use an MP3 player with a car audio adapter or get a CD changer installed.

5. Little

Little Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    do a search on majorgeeks.com i found a program on there awhile back and it done exactly what u want to do