Want Better Performance In Games? Check This

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by gsxrjunkie, Jul 18, 2005.

1. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    i know this ia a driver forum butta almost everyone here is looking for better performance and better framerate,i tried a program today called game accelerator and it boosted my framerate in joint ops around 20 fps.and in 3dmark 03 i went from 1549 to1580.31 points more is great cuz no matter what driver i try 1549 was the highest.anyway dont knock till you try it.it is so simple to use.take my word for it it works.oh also in the control panel/administrative tools/services it starts a bunch of services that i disabled,but i just went back in and disabled them after i set the program.you can get this here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Game_Accelerator_d4062.html

post your comments please. peace

2. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Well beware of using this kind of program if you play a lot of CSS remember VAC2 is still new and this kind of thing may set it off. Then again im paranoid.

Also if it comes with a bar to speed up programs and slow them down like ive some software like this use , dont run it at all if in CS as it will be detected as a "speed hack" I havnt tried it but if i get a chance later ill put it on my other PC and see if it makes a difference.

3. AsherH

AsherH Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800
    I have tried programs like this before and they can have varied results, imo i prefer to do tweaks manually.

4. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

i've heard this program can cause issues and then won't remove itself properly

5. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    there r no slider bars just 3 options your processor,video card,and soundcard.there r also cooling tweaks too.yeah i tweak mine manually also but u see by my computer specs i need all the boost i can get.lol.and i have had no problems at all and all i play is online fps games

6. counter-strike

counter-strike Active Member

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    This thing bites, I dunno if it has conflicts with logitech's Setpoint or what, but I couldn't control squat when I was playing CS:S. I had to exit the program and reboot the comp.

7. sykozylot

sykozylot Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 7600go 512mb
    hmm i might give it a go

8. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

stupid program, just buy a better computer, if u dont have the money save up, better than some dumb program putting some crappy registry entries in ur computer.

9. Baxter

Baxter Active Member

GPU:
    6800 gt
    its crap doesnt do much that you cant do loads a bunch of other stuff you dont want or need ..i tried it a while back saw no real increase in gaming ...also you buy it thats it ...had to write him a bunch to get latest version ..theres no update feature ..and like previous answer turns on a bunch of stuff on and off that has nothing to do with gaming ...over at drivehaven theres a free one called tunexp try that instead

10. AzuIe

AzuIe Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800 Stock 500+core1gig+mb:D
    any one have tried this? whats the results?

11. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    i have duh,it works but aint worth the hastle of the shiat it does 2 ur comp