[wah].. I don't wanna go back to work!!! [/wah]

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ScoobyDooby, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    So since I moved back to Vancouver, we've found an awesome place to live my fiance and I, and we're totally conformatble. Problem is that she's keeping busy working two jobs, meanwhile I'm getting some extra certifications and looking for work.

BUT I DON"T WANNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm having way too much fun watching tv, playing games, and writing music.. and I mean, that takes up a lot of my time :wanker:

and with the weather getting better every week now, who wants to be indoors?!

anyone in the same boat?

2. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    euh ... personnally I wanna stay indoor all summer and play games all day, but that's just me

3. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Everytime I take more than a week off for vacation I never want to go back to work.

But the need to make money and pay bills and save for retirement -- make it so any amount of time where I am not working (as in I don't have a job) makes me very uncomfortable.

If I had millions and millions of dollars, I wouldn't work for a paycheck. But I would have many (more) hobbies to keep me very busy. And would most definitely offer my time (and skills heh) to charity and those in need (beyond what I offer now that is)...

4. FritzC6

FritzC6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512mb alpha dog
    i also recently changed jobs ,i quit working in construction and i'm now a ( not sure how to spell this ) "solar panel installer" and the electrick installation that goes with that

i spend a lot of time on rooftops now and even with temps 12 C its very pleasant to work in, i can't wait till summer :)

what kind of work do you do or are you looking for ?

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well I'm mostly into computers and audio.
    I try to find work doing scoring for short films and commercials, but that is mostly on the side as I need to build a portfolio.
    So mainly I'm looking IT and Networking. I'm going for Network+ in the following weeks.

Talked with some people from Kodak today also.. had an over the phone interview, and going for an interview tomorrow so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

6. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    i got hurt on the job 3.5 years ago, and i can say 100% i would love to go back to work.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Aw crappy MO, what happened??

See that is the flipside for sure.. what about those that can't work. I would eventually go stir crazy..

8. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    I wish i could find a job heh

9. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli

i am totally with profits here i play games all summer holiday go on holiday come back play games, lan games oh and then watch some gaming tv and if im not doing that im tinkering with my PC before ye know it 6 weeks has gone by

though this summer i might be off on a long 3 week walk in the peak district

10. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I'm happy working. But i love my job. I get more bored at home then at work, unless i have enough chores together with my hobbies to fill a day

11. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Oh yeah definitely feeling this one. I only had one week off last week to go to Queenstown for one of my grandparents funerals. Not the best occasion but still so nice to be off work and in one of the most spectacular spots in the world. Got back to work on Monday and really struggled to get into it. Thankfully I have lots of annual leave owing so I sit here typing this now on my laptop, in bed, at 9am on a Friday morning. Ahhh sweeet!

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ but see that's just it.. when you ARE working, you can relish moments like that way more than when you are not.

Not that I don't love getting up when I want, making a fresh mug of coffee and listening to some tunes, playing with the cat, and just fumbling around the PC.. I mean, all good don't get me wrong, Its just that after a while you know its gotta end, and I don't want it to lol

13. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Hows your fiance , working 2 jobs feel about it? Wouldn't you like her working less?

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, lucky git
    Well all i can say is without work you cant buy nice things or take hollies, lazin around the place ( for me anyway ) gets boring after a while

15. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Exactly. Although shiftwork does kind of get sucky. Working 7 to 7 nightshift this week, WOOHOO!!!!!

16. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    im on peice work...........a peice this year.......and a peice next year.

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ hehehe well said.

As for my fiance, well she's awesome. Initially she was intending to go to university, but now she's decided against that. But we were able to save up lots of dough in calgary since all we had to pay for were our cells, gas for the car, and groceries! So its not diar straights that i get work immediately.. but of course, the longer you wait, the longer it is to get your ass out of bed and get to work!

Too bad owning in CoD4 doesn't pay the rent. Shucks :D

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    ohh, i hated shift work, thankfully only had to do it for a few weeks, but rotation 7->3 one week and 7->11 the next week sucked major and not good for hangovers or drinkin :)

19. *Rogue*

*Rogue* Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 OC 216
    I'm in the fortunate position that i only have to work a coupla days a week.... and even then its kinda tough to get outta bed on those days ...lol

20. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I have to get a 'Buskers' license in a couple of weeks and take my guitar out to make some "Leisure" money. :banana: